What's new

Top 10 after the patch predictions

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I'm not one to argue, I'm one to discuss.
How is she not in the top 10?
The thing is a bunch of people here are not really considering the characters who are unchanged or barely touched. They're more focused on buffs & it's cause a lot of upplay.

She contends for top 10 or 15 now with her buffs, but I'm not going to say that she is yet only because I personally don't know how her changes will affect some matches.Wonder Woman I feel the same way about her too because she'll still have the same bad Matchups she has now like Deadshot.

In this current version, she not only does low damage. She takes tons of risks & most of her ways to keep herself safe have gaps. Her neutral is what she has going for her. I didn't think she was one of the worst, but she had issues.

The rest is gimmicks. Had to condition them to look for 1 thing & them switch to the other with not real safe option. B12 would either be blown up by 6 framers or trade. B123 is currently unsafe. So basically, she's high risk. Very high risk, low reward currently. Like just about everything was a risk lol. Sort of like how Mileena was in MKX vanilla before all the patches.

I don't really want to repost again because I'm not one to really complain nor downplay, but that's the reality of it. Plus it's getting redundant & annoying reciting the same thing. I'm also annoyed about the Supergirl community discussions have been lately because it shouldn't be that way.

Edit: upplay (Damn phone -__-)

Last edited:

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
People don't understand how disgustingly terrifying a perfectly safe, sometimes + neutral on top of her perfectly safe ridiculously complex mixup game & COMPLETELY safe and legit vortex is going to be.

kcd117

Noob
Can anyone enlighten me what are supergirl's current struggles and why is she gonna keep struggling after the patch? All I see is people saying she won't be that good, but when I think about the things she currently lacks (damage, safety, meterbuilding) and I look at the things she's gonna get with the patch I can't see those 3 being issues anymore.

Top 10 predictions based on information we have so far:

1. Darkseid literally was not touched still has good damage. Great zoning,trait traps,teleport to escape or go in pressure don't downplay people he went up no question about it.

2. RedHood literally only nerf he got was his forward lunge invincibility. Sonicfox showed everyone that he is no joke. Great mobility,good zoning,crazy corner pressure,decent damage,and good escape options yeah he is good stop acting like he ain't those bombs don't play.

3. Harley another great character who went up from the patch with all the nerfs to top. Great zoning,good trait,great mixups,high damage literally untouched character that is going to show up more just wait and see...

4. BlackAdam only two things got touched on him damage and black magic needs meter burn now to get combos off. Still everything that makes him great is still there just has to work harder for his wins and be smarter about meter management now.

5. Supergirl (YOU ALL NEED TO STOP DOWNPLAYING THE BITCH SHE GOT WHAT SHE NEEDED TO PUT IN WORK NOW) Nasty mixups,decent zoning,air dash,teleport might not be great but still has it as a option,good corner game,safe advancing string now, and very ambiguous f3. Yeah wake up people the nerfs to high tiers then her buffs add up she is going to be legit now.

6. Poison Ivy she was alreadly top 10 she got buffed while the other got the nerfs. Good trait,good zoning,good mixups,better aa now,decent combo range,armor chipping move, and multi hitting attacks. Don't sleep on Ivy she is going to show herself now.

7. Black Canary meet the possible catwoman still has some issues with getting in but with the new buffs/nerfs and the damage she does with nasty mixups she is going to show up more. Don't ignore what she can do up close it's too good to ignore don't downplay her.

8. Dr.Fate with the new buffs to him the nerfs to tops including Deadshot I think it's safe to say he will be the new Deadshot now. Ignoring him will be a mistake on anyone's part who didn't see his potential.

9. Cheetah she was good but not top good with the nerfs plus buffs with her I think it's safe to say she is a good choice now. Has no problem getting in,high damage,mixups,good command grabs,high mobility,and hard to get off you once she is in.

10. Is up for grabs too many buffs and nerfs to see who will grab this spot people still believe Batman,Catwoman,Superman,Atrocitous,Deadshot,and Aquaman will still make their selfs known. The nerfs to them were real tho people need to stop downplaying the buffs given cause they really changed people's spots those characters weren't represented alot so many assume the list will stay the same but I believe in time people will sing a different tune. Stop saying Catwoman and Batman are still dumb top 5 cause their not they got knocked hard especially Catwoman losing a wakeup and armor on catdash to get in safe plus damage scaling lol she is done . Literally GL,Scarecrow,WW,Braniac,Atrocitus,Superman,Deadshot ,and Aquaman remain to be seen if they can still make the tops I put my money on the others hand down.
I like the red hood pick! While I think it's too tight for him, sonic stuck with him against semiij, however I don't think it was because of character loyalty, it's evo!

Funny how ivy was one of the only "top ten" characters to get a buff and she's still over looked lol

Harley, seid, BA, supergirl, and black canary are solid predictions. Cheetah and fate might be pushing it, but I'll admit I don't play really good ppl that know the character.

Think your list is missing flash honestly. What's holding him back now that aquaman is toned down? Might still be him, but my money's on supergirl, we'll see.

Can anyone enlighten me what are supergirl's current struggles and why is she gonna keep struggling after the patch? All I see is people saying she won't be that good, but when I think about the things she currently lacks (damage, safety, meterbuilding) and I look at the things she's gonna get with the patch I can't see those 3 being issues anymore.
Agreed

I like the red hood pick! While I think it's too tight for him, sonic stuck with him against semiij, however I don't think it was because of character loyalty, it's evo!

Funny how ivy was one of the only "top ten" characters to get a buff and she's still over looked lol

Harley, seid, BA, supergirl, and black canary are solid predictions. Cheetah and fate might be pushing it, but I'll admit I don't play really good ppl that know the character.

Think your list is missing flash honestly. What's holding him back now that aquaman is toned down? Might still be him, but my money's on supergirl, we'll see.
Flash is receiving damage scaling and some nerfs with buffs I don't know how he will play out after them that's why I don't want to throw him out there plus he is good in a dedicated players hands not with just anyone playing him so he is still too up in the air.

alkipot

Purse first, ass last.
I firmly believe Supergirl is top 10 material with the buffs. For anyone saying "well (tournament player x) says so, so everyone else's opinion is invalid *slurp slurp*", you can't just blindly cling to what someone who plays video games better than you says, as even they've been wrong.

Back in SF4, Justin Wong said Adon was bad. That year he got destroyed by an Adon, Gamerbee.

Infiltration said Nash was bad yet Bonchan wrecks with him in tourneys.

Currently in Japan for SFV they don't even have Laura in their top 5-10. I play Laura mostly and even I find that ridiculous that she's not even considered top 10.

Yeah, not buying the whole "Supergirl is mediocre" spiel.

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
The characters will be so close together in terms of "tiers" that discussing a top 10 is too vague and redundant to be worth all that much. There will be at least 15 or 16 characters that will qualify for a "top 10" spot.

People don't understand how disgustingly terrifying a perfectly safe, sometimes + neutral on top of her perfectly safe ridiculously complex mixup game & COMPLETELY safe and legit vortex is going to be.
Well SuperGirl current struggles is she has to take a risk to do any thing. This is because almost all of her strings are unsafe and/or have a gap. So if your fighting a character with a 6f move almost everything you do can be punished. Her damage is very low so when she does hit you its nothing but that is being fixed next patch. SuperGirl zoning is pretty good but its tied to her trait so she cant do that all the time so one of the things she is good at she is limited. SuperGirl also doesn't gain alot of meter so if she wanted to try make something safe she had to waste a bar she didn't have but that means i dont have any meter to do my 28% bnb her only real source of damage. Im not saying she is the worst but she is not top 10 now and probably wont be next patch because having 1 safe string that doesn't have a gap and slightly more damage isn't going to fix all her all of her problems.

Mpizz10

Liu Kang and The Flash mains

Wonder woman was very close 2nd compared to aquamans in terms of match up with flash and she just got buffed. Also they even admitted his neutral was ass and buffed a move that won't really do anything to change that. Flash is great and in hands like honeybee can do great things but top 10 nahhhh I think he is still mid. I'd look for canary to be top 10 her close up game is almost as good but better in pretty much every other part of the game

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
In somewhat of an order...

Batman
SuperGirl
Black Canary
Darkseid
Harley Quinn
Superman
Black Adam
Wonder Woman
Atrocitus
Scarecrow

Possibly Bane.

Last edited:

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Well SuperGirl current struggles is she has to take a risk to do any thing. This is because almost all of her strings are unsafe and/or have a gap. So if your fighting a character with a 6f move almost everything you do can be punished. Her damage is very low so when she does hit you its nothing but that is being fixed next patch. SuperGirl zoning is pretty good but its tied to her trait so she cant do that all the time so one of the things she is good at she is limited. SuperGirl also doesn't gain alot of meter so if she wanted to try make something safe she had to waste a bar she didn't have but that means i dont have any meter to do my 28% bnb her only real source of damage. Im not saying she is the worst but she is not top 10 now and probably wont be next patch because having 1 safe string that doesn't have a gap and slightly more damage isn't going to fix all her all of her problems.
My post is all about Canary and has nothing to do with Supergirl whatsoever looolll

Wonder woman was very close 2nd compared to aquamans in terms of match up with flash and she just got buffed. Also they even admitted his neutral was ass and buffed a move that won't really do anything to change that. Flash is great and in hands like honeybee can do great things but top 10 nahhhh I think he is still mid. I'd look for canary to be top 10 her close up game is almost as good but better in pretty much every other part of the game
I could definitely see WoWo keep him out, good point. You might right on black canary too. Giving her plus frames is a scary buff.

Zurr Tusko

Twitter: ZurrTusko
Can anybody explain to me why people are putting GL in their top tens? He seems too honest of a character to beat out a lot of the cast.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I got to rank 150 with supergirl. I don't think that's terrible and if I had more time who knows. She was never bottom 10. She has the strongest neutral in the game. The only thing holding her back was damage and safety. If she hit just 300 on bnbs and 200 on air to airs(which she'll win) she'll be to ten. We don't know numbers though.
Deadshot, Batman, Bladam, Green Arrow, Superman, Dr Fate and probably alot of others I'm not trying to list have a better neutral game than supergirl lol, her biggest threat atm is doing unsafe option A or unsafe option B, but now after the patch option B will be safe, low damaging, nothing spectacular.

Deadshot, Batman, Bladam, Green Arrow, Superman, Dr Fate and probably alot of others I'm not trying to list have a better neutral game than supergirl lol, her biggest threat atm is doing unsafe option A or unsafe option B, but now after the patch option B will be safe, low damaging, nothing spectacular.
How is a safe, half screen, 9f mid low mid, that can be hit confirmed "nothing spectacular." The neutral game is all she has going for her but now that'll change.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
How is a safe, half screen, 9f mid low mid, that can be hit confirmed "nothing spectacular." The neutral game is all she has going for her but now that'll change.
Deadshot has bf1, the ultimate control of all neutral in any match in the game free, also b1 and low rifle
Bladam has f1, 8f high for 50%
Superman is 1f faster and like 2x the damage with f2, and way safer
Dr Fate, ankhs orbs and fireballs, all better controlling the neutral than Supergirl B1
Arrow, obvious reasons.
Batman, obvious reasons, way bigger payoff.

Supergirls B1 isnt half screen lol. It has range but its more like round 1 fight distance.