What's new

Video/Tutorial TONY-T Cyrax Video Thread. Will be constantly updated!

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Section 6.

Section 6 combos are when your opponent has more then 2 bars of meter.

Section 6 combos have the same base combos as section 5, but the unbreakables are different.

Unbreakables for section 6 "opponent has 2 or more bars and can be used when he has 3 bars"

1 bar 35%, unbreakable

2 bars 49%, unbreakable

3 bars 56%, unbreakable

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Meterless corner reset 72%!

The meterless corner reset can be used up until 1 and a half bars of your opponents meter. beyond that they can break the reset before you pull it off.

Ill post up some unbreakable options for it soon..

Kosu

Noob
Tony, if you have 2,66 bars of meter and your opponent 1 bar. You can input: jps,12~net, tele, jps,12~Exbomb, b2, fb, 121, cb, net, b2, Exnet, tele, tele, 3~Exbomb, 121~AAt its 87% unbreakable with meter building :)

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Tony, if you have 2,66 bars of meter and your opponent 1 bar. You can input: jps,12~net, tele, jps,12~Exbomb, b2, fb, 121, cb, net, b2, Exnet, tele, tele, 3~Exbomb, 121~AA its 87% unbreakable with meter building :)
yea i have a 89% version with a post reset EXnet and a 96% version with a pre reset EXnet. there on the first page!

TONY-T

Mad scientist
3 bar 100% corner combo. This was in "death is certain" combo vid by check and myself. This is quite possibly his easiest 100% combo imo.

NariTuba

disMember
This process of tailoring combos for specific situations is next logical step in Cyrax gamplay. Its an arduous task to complile all of these, and nobody is better qualified for it than you TONY-T, so hats off for your generosity.

Im gonna humbly add a note to the Cyrax theory displayed here. It concerns the use of Exnet as the first net in a combo.

Its quite easy to interrupt combos with an Exnet in order to drain your opponents meter and be able to finish them off before the get a chance to break. The optimal combos are all displayed here in this thread, but even if you fail to incorporate all of these you can still improvise with less than optimal combos, interrupting them with an Exnet (post reset) and still kill your opponent or leave them in a situation too difficult to turn around (ie. hanging net 50/50 with no breaker and around 15% life).

Using the Exnet as the first net in the combo is a different stroy however. It requires you to have meter and lifebar awereness while the match is taking place. You need to be able to recognize when the conditions are given for you to use the Exnet in your next hit confirm. We should all take a look at the combos Tony posted here, and especially the meter / lifebar specifics that allow to get the most out of an opening Exnet.

Btw, correct me if Im wrong Tony, but isnt the ideal AA for Cyrax 1~net? You can follow it up with Exb, fb, 121~cb, net reset, in which case you can incorporate 1~Exnet as an AA as well, applying the same concept as above.

Excellent post!

TONY-T

Mad scientist
This process of tailoring combos for specific situations is next logical step in Cyrax gamplay. Its an arduous task to complile all of these, and nobody is better qualified for it than you TONY-T, so hats off for your generosity.

Im gonna humbly add a note to the Cyrax theory displayed here. It concerns the use of Exnet as the first net in a combo.

Its quite easy to interrupt combos with an Exnet in order to drain your opponents meter and be able to finish them off before the get a chance to break. The optimal combos are all displayed here in this thread, but even if you fail to incorporate all of these you can still improvise with less than optimal combos, interrupting them with an Exnet (post reset) and still kill your opponent or leave them in a situation too difficult to turn around (ie. hanging net 50/50 with no breaker and around 15% life).

Using the Exnet as the first net in the combo is a different stroy however. It requires you to have meter and lifebar awereness while the match is taking place. You need to be able to recognize when the conditions are given for you to use the Exnet in your next hit confirm. We should all take a look at the combos Tony posted here, and especially the meter / lifebar specifics that allow to get the most out of an opening Exnet.

Btw, correct me if Im wrong Tony, but isnt the ideal AA for Cyrax 1~net? You can follow it up with Exb, fb, 121~cb, net reset, in which case you can incorporate 1~Exnet as an AA as well, applying the same concept as above.

Excellent post!
Thanks Narituba!

Regarding the AA combo, yes you are right! it has the same amount of hits as the AA net reset, meaning it can be done up until 1 and a half bars of your opponents meter before it can be broken. Ill try and add more AA combos pluss wall combos through the week :)

TONY-T

Mad scientist
So ive been going through Cyraxs 100% combos and i believe ive found the best ones to use in actual gameplay..

But first, for those of you who dont know, it takes exactly 48% of damage done to your opponent, for him to build 1 bar of meter. You can test this in practise mode by doing 4 uppercuts on your opponent when he has zero meter. An uppercut is 12%, 4x12% = 48%. Its the same when your doing combos. A 48% combo will build your opponent 1 bar of meter. A 96% combo will build him 2 bars of meter. So in theory, a 100% combo can be broken at 96% unless your opponent chooses not to break. But there are ways around this....

3 Bars 100% with Pre reset EXnet.

In my opinion this is his best 100% combo. This combo can be started when your opponent has 3 quarters of a bar of meter and it will still stay under the 96% breaker threshold. The first few hits of the combo actually build him over 1 bar of meter and the EXnet still drains the meter enough for you to finish him off before he makes a breaker. If your opponent has just under a bar of meter or lower, then this is the best combo to kill him.

2 Bars 100%

This is an obvious choice. 100% from only 2 bars and it stays under the breaker threshold when started from your opponent having zero meter.

The reason it stays under the breaker threshold is because up until the post reset jump kick, the combo only does 94%. The uppercut adds an extra 6%, But since the final hit that builds them 2 bars cant be broken, this combo is unbreakable from zero meter.. This combo and the 1 above are the 2 best choices he has imo..

3 bars 100% with post reset EXnet

This one stays under the breaker threshold and drains there meter back to almost 1 bar.

But what if you start the combo from a 2,1~net or 3,3~net? no problem.
Often cyrax players will punish there opponents block move with a 2,1~net, 1,2~net or 3,3~net. If thats the case then these combos might be of use.

3 Bars 100% starting from a 2,1~net

Combo starts from a 2,1~net and stays under the breaker threshold when started from your opponent having zero meter. the final hit is an unbreakable move.

3 bars 100% starting from a 3,3~net

Combo can be started with 3,3~net, 1,2~net, 3~net or 2~net.

Unfortunately for this one it doesnt stay under the breaker threshold and it can be broken on the last hit (d+2). However, if you start the combo with 3~net, it will stay under the breaker threshold and it will still kill him doing 100%. It can also be started with a 2~net, but with 2~net it wont stay under the breaker threshold.

3 bars 100% starting from a net.

Unfortunately it does not stay under the breaker threshold and can be broken on the ragdoll kick. also if you start a combo with 1~net and want to do a 100% combo, then this is the only combo you can use.

3 bars 106%

The biggest midscreen combos to date. quite possibly the biggest he has at midscreen. the damage scailing is actually wrong. both combos do closer to 111% due to the decimal points system.

These next combos are the most damaging wall combos to date. Both these combos were in the "Death is certain" combo vid by myself and Check.

3 bars 116%. This one was by me.

3 bars 118%. This one was by Check.

Both combos say 111% on the combo counter. But due to the decimal points system, there was alot of extra damage invovled that was not displayed. Together we did all the calculations and came up with these figures..

NariTuba

disMember
Tony for those combos that go over the breaker threshold:

After the hanging net you can put them in a rock paper scissors situation that will basically kill them if they guess wrong.You can let them drop and they have to guess between the following:

Chip kill (121~saw), they need to not block, take the first punch and break
Damage kill (3~saw), they need to block
Command grab, they need to block and tech
d4 (followed by all the above) or d4~saw

When they are that low on life this guessing game is just devastating, their chances are truly slim. I dont recall the damage for these options off the top of my head, but they all make up for the missing 6% from that uppercut right?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Tony for those combos that go over the breaker threshold:

After the hanging net you can put them in a rock paper scissors situation that will basically kill them if they guess wrong.You can let them drop and they have to guess between the following:

Chip kill (121~saw), they need to not block, take the first punch and break
Damage kill (3~saw), they need to block
Command grab, they need to block and tech
d4 (followed by all the above) or d4~saw

When they are that low on life this guessing game is just devastating, their chances are truly slim. I dont recall the damage for these options off the top of my head, but they all make up for the missing 6% from that uppercut right?
Yea thats the smarter option. but they would need to make up probably more like 9 - 10%. because of the jump kick pluss uppercut. but you have listed the best options for that :)

Frostbarrier

I Protect The Fridge!
OMG I LOVE YOU TONY !!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I LOVE CYRAX AAAAAAAAAA ... sorry I'm just so excited to practice cyrax all day when i finish work !!!! <3

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Just a couple Anti Air Combos...

1 bar 71%. This is a new max damage AA combo starting from a net..

1 bar 70%. This was the most damaging i could find starting from an AA jab.
Tony-T is basically my Lucius Fox.

I have new AA combos. Expect to see them at the next tournament I go to. :)

This is how I feel.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Section 6.

Section 6 combos are when your opponent has more then 2 bars of meter.

Section 6 combos have the same base combos as section 5, but the unbreakables are different.

Unbreakables for section 6 "opponent has 2 or more bars and can be used when he has 3 bars"

1 bar 35%, unbreakable

2 bars 49%, unbreakable

3 bars 56%, unbreakable
These are what I need to master, there are so many times when I have 3 bars and I get somebody in a net and I can kill them, but they have a breaker. I need to learn these unbreakables. Awesome thread and videos by the way :)

peachyO

Noob
excellent combos. i hate fighting cyrax!! i am inexperienced playing as him, and these videos help quite a bit. i would also like to post this you tube video from The Flushedterd. i found it helpful, and he doesn't get many views, so i would like to share in hopes it helps other cyrax novices, and to give the dude some more views since i have benefited from it.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
the command to do the 3 kick into net is.... 3~b,b

you only have to push the 3 button once. negative edge takes care of the rest.
hey tony any advice on when your doin this combo , 21 net , 21 ex bomb , dash b2, bff4 , 121 bb4 , back dash net , (backdash b2 )<this bit i havin trouble with ive only managed to pull it off once so far , is there any tricks u use or am i just not quick enough ?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
hey tony any advice on when your doin this combo , 21 net , 21 ex bomb , dash b2, bff4 , 121 bb4 , back dash net , (backdash b2 )<this bit i havin trouble with ive only managed to pull it off once so far , is there any tricks u use or am i just not quick enough ?
i wish tym didnt lose so much data, i made a big write up for this combo, but it got deleted when the site went down..

Make sure that when you land the 121, the first hit is hitting them at the very base of there feet. if its hitting them at there knee, then the back dash b+2 will be much harder to get. If its on the base of there feet, it puts you in the perfect position. after releasing the last bomb, do back dash into a net, once the net is released, do another backdash into b+2...

Check this vid and watch where i land the 121 on my opponent..

U can also back dash with block dashing, its all about personal preference, but both work just fine..

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
i wish tym didnt lose so much data, i made a big write up for this combo, but it got deleted when the site went down..

Make sure that when you land the 121, the first hit is hitting them at the very base of there feet. if its hitting them at there knee, then the back dash b+2 will be much harder to get. If its on the base of there feet, it puts you in the perfect position. after releasing the last bomb, do back dash into a net, once the net is released, do another backdash into b+2...

Check this vid and watch where i land the 121 on my opponent..

U can also back dash with block dashing, its all about personal preference, but both work just fine..
dam i forgot about dash blacking ha this could work cheers tony