What's new

Tom Taylor, It's announced! We return in January with "Injustice: Year 2"

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Just yesterday the writer of the Injustice: Gods Among Us comic book, Tom Taylor announced via twitter the new cover for the 2014 return. The cover indicates the torn friendship between both Superman and Batman with Superman clenching Batman's mask with what looks to be many guards and regime behind him. You can check out the cover more in full below!

It's announced! We return in January with "Injustice: Year 2"
inj2014.jpg

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
im under the impression from reviews that this was mostly panned by DC and Comics fans. how was the first season received by the hardcore comic public?

Reedoms

Noob
im under the impression from reviews that this was mostly panned by DC and Comics fans. how was the first season received by the hardcore comic public?
Mostly with laughter. The writing is pretty bad in a cheesy way and the art is also pretty awful but it makes it hilarious to me. Though a good majority of people dislike it since Superman has going around as Murderman this year.

CamChattic

Eternal Champion of Justice
Mostly with laughter. The writing is pretty bad in a cheesy way and the art is also pretty awful but it makes it hilarious to me. Though a good majority of people dislike it since Superman has going around as Murderman this year.
Most people I know of actually have been enjoying it. there have been a few missteps i admit but even ive liked it. True its not a top tier comic but given the current environment of the industry(there arent many good books out period) its does tend to stand out

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Dude. DC is selling a shit load of these. Truth is, is that it really isn't bad. Just like any other comic there are filler books and a good amount of cheese, but it is actually good. I would even recommend it.

It's kick ass. Easily some of the best writing out there in the superhero genre. I laugh in the face of anyone who suggests otherwise.

Now the art on the other hand.......yeesh. It's really unfortunate because oftentimes the wonky distorted faces will really ruin what could have been an otherwise dramatic panel. Just do a search for "black adam injustice comic" and you'll see the most infamous example. If you can look past that I'd highly recommend the series.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I liked it... and I'm sort of a hardcore comic fan I guess. It wasn't so much panned, except for the Nightwing issue, but a lot of it was themes that other publishers have done over the years, which is essentially "what if Superman was a dick?", seen in stuff like Irredeemable & Ultimate Power, and stuff DC has done in the past (and currently) with the Crime Syndicate, or the "Justice Lords" episode of the JLA animated series.

But most everyone I know didn't hate it, not that it matters as it topped the digital sales chart pretty much every week. It doesn't matter if casuals or hardcore fans bought it, just so long it was bought.

I'm pretty sure it made them a fair amount of coin.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
They ruined Damian and killed Dick in a scene straight out of "Million Dollar Baby."

The sequel to Injustice should be an entirely different storyline with the Legion of Doom at the forefront of villainy.

I liked it... and I'm sort of a hardcore comic fan I guess. It wasn't so much panned, except for the Nightwing issue, but a lot of it was themes that other publishers have done over the years, which is essentially "what if Superman was a dick?", seen in stuff like Irredeemable & Ultimate Power, and stuff DC has done in the past (and currently) with the Crime Syndicate, or the "Justice Lords" episode of the JLA animated series.
"Superman goes rogue" is definately not an original premise...but the injustice comic to me is actually very unique and in some ways better than all of those other examples because it actually shows the slow walk down the road to hell that Superman traverses.

I have not read Ultimate (supereme?) power admittedly, but while Irredeemable and the Justice Lords episode of JLA deal with a similar subject and are both very good in their own right, neither of them can really claim that because they both more or less pick up *after* the character has already lost it. JLA shows Superman murdering lex luthor and then it flashes forward and says "ok...they're nazi's now. Role with it." Ireedeemable by the end (again, a great series either way) isn't even really about Superman as much as it is about a deeply distrubed psychotic sociopath who happens to have Superman's abilities.

Outside of a choice made near the end of the series that I won't spoil, superman's actions throughout Injustice are extremely understandable and it really does a great job showing how easily he could turn.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I enjoyed the first volume, Black Adam's face and Dick Grayson being killed like a straight up bitch aside. The writing isn't bad, but it does have to be said that Irredeemable is better. Although if you're going that route, Incorruptible is even better.

Error

DF2+R2
It's kick ass. Easily some of the best writing out there in the superhero genre. I laugh in the face of anyone who suggests otherwise.

Now the art on the other hand.......yeesh. It's really unfortunate because oftentimes the wonky distorted faces will really ruin what could have been an otherwise dramatic panel. Just do a search for "black adam injustice comic" and you'll see the most infamous example. If you can look past that I'd highly recommend the series.
Oh god, why...

"Shuzzom!"

trufenix

bye felicia
I'm not sure who's panning it, because its been the top or one of the top sellers on comixology its entire run.

I for one am excited that its coming back, even though the plot resolution is pretty shitty (another universe comes along and fixes it), there's still a lot of interesting stuff they can run through.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Dude. DC is selling a shit load of these. Truth is, is that it really isn't bad. Just like any other comic there are filler books and a good amount of cheese, but it is actually good. I would even recommend it.

Yeah dude, between Injustice, Forever Evil archs DC is dominating this year since the summer. And of course in games as well with Injustice and Batman Origins coming.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Yeah dude, between Injustice, Forever Evil archs DC is dominating this year since the summer. And of course in games as well with Injustice and Batman Origins coming.

They really are. God I cant wait for Origins!!! I'd like to see more out of Marvel. I'm not loving Marvel Now. My X-Men are in a weird place. :-(

MKF30

They really are. God I cant wait for Origins!!! I'd like to see more out of Marvel. I'm not loving Marvel Now. My X-Men are in a weird place. :-(

Yeah I hear ya, I'm more DC then Marvel guy but I do like Spiderman and Wolverine a lot. But yeah the DC animated movies are great too.

Check out this trailer, so sad yet awesome at the same time.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Yeah I hear ya, I'm more DC then Marvel guy but I do like Spiderman and Wolverine a lot. But yeah the DC animated movies are great too.

Check out this trailer, so sad yet awesome at the same time.

Wow that trailer is epic, and I'm not even a huge batman fan.

Anyway this injustice comic was pretty sick and I'm sure Wonder Woman's fan base picked it up as hell because in this comic she's ruthless and freakin tough as hell.

I personally enjoyed it, I love the Flash and Wonder Woman's personality in each one.

MKF30

Wow that trailer is epic, and I'm not even a huge batman fan.

Anyway this injustice comic was pretty sick and I'm sure Wonder Woman's fan base picked it up as hell because in this comic she's ruthless and freakin tough as hell.

I personally enjoyed it, I love the Flash and Wonder Woman's personality in each one.

Yeah totally, my local comic shop told me WW's series is awesome and picking up. Everytime I'm in there there's a few guys checking it out and teenage girls that buy her stuff. She's very edgy and badass in New 52 and as you said, ruthless in the Earth 2 in Injustice.