What's new

Tom Clancy's The Division, looks amazing (releases 3/8/2016)

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains

Has anyone tried the alpha or the Beta?

It was phenomenal!

From what I've experienced from the Open beta last week, it was one of the greatest shooters I've played in a long while.

basically an RPG Shooter, based off Tom Clancy's Book, which is known for adding the element of scenarios that could possibly happen to a city and taking a realistic spin down that path.

its based off Mods/builds, tier level armor/weapons, perks and talents/buffs from slotted items and gear!

weapon / gear rankings:
Grey=starter
Green= Standard
Blue= moderate
Purple= strong
Orange= Legendary

greatly geared for the team oriented and Tactical approach. More health, and massively geared towards Crouching behind objects to win fire fights!

this to me is what sets this game apart from the others. The plain fact that it eliminates the whole run and gun aspect that many shooters swear by, makes teams work together to secure those kills.

Then there is the Dark Zone, PVP area!

this is the place to raid PVE AI, and gather loot, Extract gear and Weapons that are contaminated(basically any item that is found in the Dark Zone!) which will go into your Hazard Bag which holds 6 items! (to use those items acquired in the DZ you must first extract them all the while guarding the extraction site from other PVP players which intend to steal your items and take your team out for the loot and DZ XP!

anyways, great game IMO and I'm Pre-Ordering the Gold Edition to recieve

National guard Pack
Hazmat Pack
All DLC to come
and a few balanced Mods and Weapons.

And

hope to see you all there!

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Anyone playing this? This game is dope, I'm level 30 now running around the PvP area mostly solo. Killed a couple of guys way above my level last night in a 2v1, one of them dropped some really high end gear including a legendary named Sub Machine gun, managed to get it extracted too. Loving the mechanics

E

Eldriken

Anyone playing this? This game is dope, I'm level 30 now running around the PvP area mostly solo. Killed a couple of guys way above my level last night in a 2v1, one of them dropped some really high end gear including a legendary named Sub Machine gun, managed to get it extracted too. Loving the mechanics
Oh, boy. I bet that dude was pissed that you got his loot before he could extract it. XD

I GOT HANDS

Oh, boy. I bet that dude was pissed that you got his loot before he could extract it. XD
they were literally at the extraction point, I only managed to get it out because by the time our fight was done, I scooped loot and the chopper was 10 seconds away from departing. Got it on there and checked what it was when the "loot successfully extracted" pop up came out, and it was a Midas so I gotta say I was more then happy.

I healed up and went back, the same two guys were there, they beat me this time (expecting me + I no longer had signature skill + I set myself on fire + they probably shoulda beat me the first time), and the guy who lost his Midas was talking shit on mic, like "suck shit c***, yeah eat a dick cocksucker", and I'm all like, "well, the Midas is already extracted thought right? This one is just for fun now isn't it :D"

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Eldriken

they were literally at the extraction point, I only managed to get it out because by the time our fight was done, I scooped loot and the chopper was 10 seconds away from departing. Got it on there and checked what it was when the "loot successfully extracted" pop up came out, and it was a Midas so I gotta say I was more then happy.

I healed up and went back, the same two guys were there, they beat me this time (expecting me + I no longer had signature skill + I set myself on fire + they probably shoulda beat me the first time), and the guy who lost his Midas was talking shit on mic, like "suck shit c***, yeah eat a dick cocksucker", and I'm all like, "well, the Midas is already extracted thought right? This one is just for fun now isn't it :D"
A Midas? You lucky bastard. lol That dude was certainly pissed about that, unless the rolls sucked.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I'm almost level 30, dont really want to play though, heard too many things about the end game kinda sucking. I know I hate the dark zone, its not like it was when you were a level 14... its not fun anymore.

E

Eldriken

I'm almost level 30, dont really want to play though, heard too many things about the end game kinda sucking. I know I hate the dark zone, its not like it was when you were a level 14... its not fun anymore.
I burned myself out way too fast. Put almost 60 hours into it in no time and just kinda went, "Meh." If you don't do the Dark Zone, you either do Hard/Challenging missions or whatever the hot exploit is at the moment.

I GOT HANDS

I burned myself out way too fast. Put almost 60 hours into it in no time and just kinda went, "Meh." If you don't do the Dark Zone, you either do Hard/Challenging missions or whatever the hot exploit is at the moment.
come play with us Eldriken we having some fun

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
They're patching the endgame to expand it with raids + a gear levelling system very soon.. This month, I think.

E

Eldriken

They're patching the endgame to expand it with raids + a gear levelling system very soon.. This month, I think.
They're introducing Incursions. However, regular Incursions are harder than missions on Challenging mode and then Hard Incursions are even harder than that. What problem does this propose? Actually being able to participate in the new content. Getting geared for Challenging is no easy task, which is what you have to be geared for to begin with in order to even remotely think of participating in Incursions.

Most folks have to exploit certain mods and abilities to have a good chance at beating any mission on Challenging.

The biggest issue with Challenging (and probably worse with Incursion) are shotgun enemies. They give absolutely ZERO fucks about anything and charge through your shots because it's like the AI knows it's a bullet sponge and they one-shot you with a shotgun. It's also kinda pathetic when you get sniped by a shotgun from several hundred feet away. It's like enemy shotguns don't follow the rules/physics of how a shotgun really works in real life. It does a spread shot, not a cone shot and shotguns lose a lot of damage potential the further they are from the target. That isn't the case with the shotgun enemies in this game. If you try and shoot an enemy from that far away, you probably won't even see damage numbers pop up. lol

Hopefully I'm wrong about Incursions or overall balance changes are made to certain enemy types in the game. Or, they may make enemies easier to kill but deal increased damage to compensate for it, which is okay.

I just think making enemies bullet sponges to make the game more "difficult" is artificial difficulty and shouldn't be used. They ought to think of better ways to make the game harder.

I GOT HANDS

Most folks have to exploit certain mods and abilities to have a good chance at beating any mission on Challenging.
I only hit level 30 2 days ago, so only had the chance to run two Challengings - they were hard, but I didn't need to use any exploits or anything to do it, good loot off both, quite rewarding high level stuff. They are definitely teamplay stuff though, we had a lot of fun, real life tactics like pinsir movements and stuff work just like they should

They're introducing Incursions. However, regular Incursions are harder than missions on Challenging mode and then Hard Incursions are even harder than that. What problem does this propose? Actually being able to participate in the new content. Getting geared for Challenging is no easy task, which is what you have to be geared for to begin with in order to even remotely think of participating in Incursions.

The biggest issue with Challenging (and probably worse with Incursion) are shotgun enemies. They give absolutely ZERO fucks about anything and charge through your shots because it's like the AI knows it's a bullet sponge and they one-shot you with a shotgun. It's also kinda pathetic when you get sniped by a shotgun from several hundred feet away. It's like enemy shotguns don't follow the rules/physics of how a shotgun really works in real life. It does a spread shot, not a cone shot and shotguns lose a lot of damage potential the further they are from the target. That isn't the case with the shotgun enemies in this game. If you try and shoot an enemy from that far away, you probably won't even see damage numbers pop up. lol

Hopefully I'm wrong about Incursions or overall balance changes are made to certain enemy types in the game. Or, they may make enemies easier to kill but deal increased damage to compensate for it, which is okay.

I just think making enemies bullet sponges to make the game more "difficult" is artificial difficulty and shouldn't be used. They ought to think of better ways to make the game harder.
shotgun enemies added an interesting element, definitely had to primary them but they don't break the game

it sounds like you mostly been solo'ing I recommend playing this game with a team, whats your Ubi you should jump in with us sometime soon

E

Eldriken

I only hit level 30 2 days ago, so only had the chance to run two Challengings - they were hard, but I didn't need to use any exploits or anything to do it, good loot off both, quite rewarding high level stuff. They are definitely teamplay stuff though, we had a lot of fun, real life tactics like pinsir movements and stuff work just like they should

shotgun enemies added an interesting element, definitely had to primary them but they don't break the game

it sounds like you mostly been solo'ing I recommend playing this game with a team, whats your Ubi you should jump in with us sometime soon
Who in their right mind would dare to try and solo a mission on Challenging? You said you've only done two Challenging missions, that means you haven't done certain levels on Challenging that send wave after wave after wave of shotgun enemies after you while trying to beat a timer. >_>

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Shotgun enemies are dumb.

+1 billion accuracy
+1 billion effective range

*gets hit in the face by every pellet, all are critical hits, from across manhattan island*
And I'm still ducking behind my cover like

E

Eldriken

Shotgun enemies are dumb.

+1 billion accuracy
+1 billion effective range

*gets hit in the face by every pellet, all are critical hits, from across manhattan island*
And I'm still ducking behind my cover like

This. Exactly this.

I GOT HANDS

Who in their right mind would dare to try and solo a mission on Challenging? You said you've only done two Challenging missions, that means you haven't done certain levels on Challenging that send wave after wave after wave of shotgun enemies after you while trying to beat a timer. >_>
I did the Russian Consulate and General Assembly tho