What's new

Tom Brady introduces new series of fighting game tutorials

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Tom has many enthusiasts behind him, but also a lot haters and as you all may already know, negativity can take away from us what we love /like the most.

This dude, is 40 years old, has loans, probably bunch of nice kids and a fat wife, but somehow, regarding the core of life he is doing much, much more then 90% of the community and he has for so long.

He is a drama queen, but that is because he has so much love for the game, his soulmate sub-zero. I know that because I am called locally "the masochist", by playing Hat-Trick and crying sometimes when I get drunk - I am not ashamed of that, neither is Tom.

He could easily spend more time with his family, yet he is devoting his time (that will never be given back) for the game, for the community. He cares so much that his desire is to bring You all closer, open your eyes and minds, so FGC can grow as a united, rather then divided community.

So please, try to open your mind, put aside your subjective view and revalue his efforts.

Thank you Tom. Be good! and one more thing: "The mustered is of the Hot-Dog"

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
This dude, is 40 years old, has loans, probably bunch of nice kids and a fat wife, but somehow, regarding the core of life he is doing much, much more then 90% of the community and he has for so long.
What I love the most about people talking about age is that when you get to 40 or w/e you do not feel old.. children think that things are so different, that older people are different.. but here is a secret. People do not change. You feel exactly the same as you did as a kid, sure you have other stuff going on in your life.. but you are the exact same person and for the most part what you liked, you still like. In fact the only time you feel old, is when you look in a mirror or try and get to your feet after kneeling on the ground to plug in a power cord. It is such a great vindication as an older person that all the people that talk about "oldies" will experience all this themselves and know how foolish they are.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
What I love the most about people talking about age is that when you get to 40 or w/e you do not feel old.. children think that things are so different, that older people are different.. but here is a secret. People do not change. You feel exactly the same as you did as a kid, sure you have other stuff going on in your life.. but you are the exact same person and for the most part what you liked, you still like. In fact the only time you feel old, is when you look in a mirror or try and get to your feet after kneeling on the ground to plug in a power cord. It is such a great vindication as an older person that all the people that talk about "oldies" will experience all this themselves and know how foolish they are.
Very true.

Da Tac0

GT: C88 Taco
Dude he hit the nail on the head about doing too much. And what's wrong with community. I see way to many people calling person A trash because he lost 0-3 to person B. Yet person A has accomplished more than the randy shitting on them. As a doctor Fate player I like to go for flashy ahnk combos and I've been burnt for my tunnel vision plenty of times and loss because as he put it was doing too much. Great info. I'm gonna start trying to do the bare minimum to win. And it's funny cause I was the elite players and you don't see them doing swaggy shit non stop. Fuck sometimes watching sonic, I find myself thinking "damn, nothing special nothing ground breaking." And what I mean is it's nothing flash it's just enough. It's all he has to do. I never realized that until now. Great video Tom. You should title the videos like TB something like Tom Brady's new book TB12 method.

@Tom Brady I don't want to burden you or anything so ignore me if it seems stupid, but including clips of high level play would be great examples of what you're trying to say in these videos. It might be too much work and everything idk but still hoping the best on the series! Thank you for this effort!

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I believe this is obvious for many. Me pointing his age was a part of image, of a man who's been living for for so long, has a goin' in his life. I am almost 35, and live been dying since I was 17 years old, and I am still enjoying, almost just as much as I use to years ago.

Bleu231

Tohan playing shotgun
The OP has been updated with not one, not two, but THREE new lessons by Tom! Check 'em out if you haven't seen them yet.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Those videos are highly informative to any FGC enthusiast, Tom is doing a wonderful job. I personally can't wait for more videos where he get's more technical and talks about OS, pocking and counterpocking..,etc.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Wow I'm watching those vids and I'm learning A TON from these, Tom Brady makes an amazing job.

Last edited: