What's new

To the Grave Setups?

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
I am by no means an expert when it comes to Grundomination, so I was wondering if there is really a reason to use the AA grab that is Df1? I'm trying to train myself to use it as an anti crossup tool, or something to end B13 if I want them in the corner. It's seems to be in that spot where it knocks down long enough to do something, but not long enough to make it easy. Doing Walking Corpse seems to get stuffed with wakeups, unless you delay it until his stance resets from the animation(I could record this if you don't quite get it), and then you're just tossing them out of the corner.

I've also tried canceling the walking Corpse into a MB4, which has also given mixed results(Though I only tried against Rising Grab, Lighting Charge, Vibrate, and Acid Blossom) where sometimes I'd get it, and others I'd be too slow to input MB4. Though I've noticed a simple dash in and the 50/50 is good enough, as well as an MB Grave Rot dash in, though by then they should already be standing.

So I'm generally wondering if there are setups or strategies with To The Grave, as me exploring on my own hasn't yielded anything that would be a "Groundbreaking discovery" or "Tech" that's super helpful.

Once a Grundy, Always a Grundy

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
Its an untechable KD that you can dash in with mix-ups if they don't wake-up attack.
Also has high priority over most jump-ins. I always use this move when people get jump happy.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
grundys d2 has no forward hitbox , i always end up whiffing d2s so im tryin not to use it
aa grab is reliable

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
fr stack said it right

aa grab is extremely reliable and you can depend on it for 95% of the jumping situations.
Make an exception for Lex's j3 and Superman's air dash crossup bs

catwoman j2, joker j3(?), etc.
Its hitbox dependant in all situations. You can't grab a limb unless there is a hurt box attatched to it. So catwoman j2 at a distance will hit you but if you're in range to grab her hurtbox it works same with lex same with joker same with mmh trait.

ThatPinkKid

The Underdog of the Century
Its hitbox dependant in all situations. You can't grab a limb unless there is a hurt box attatched to it. So catwoman j2 at a distance will hit you but if you're in range to grab her hurtbox it works same with lex same with joker same with mmh trait.
Do you mean "hitbox"?

Alright, I feel like a dummy here. What's the difference?
hitbox is the box a move has that inflicts damage. hurtbox is the box a character has that can receive damage. so if I do a move and the hitbox intersects with the hurtbox I inflict damage. Thats why you see situations like with hawk girl where she does an air mace and you d2 and the d2 goes right through her without hitting but even though she looks more or less the same after recovery the d2 hits. her hurtbox changes slightly when she does the toss.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
hitbox is the box a move has that inflicts damage. hurtbox is the box a character has that can receive damage. so if I do a move and the hitbox intersects with the hurtbox I inflict damage. Thats why you see situations like with hawk girl where she does an air mace and you d2 and the d2 goes right through her without hitting but even though she looks more or less the same after recovery the d2 hits. her hurtbox changes slightly when she does the toss.
Alright, I gotcha! I'm also having a harder time timing the AA grab than I thought I would.

Alright, I gotcha! I'm also having a harder time timing the AA grab than I thought I would.
in a lot of situations I just hold down and that makes the opponent delay their jump in attack then do just go f1 for the grab. other than that not much I can tell you on timing unless the issue is you're playing online where sometiems you do df1 and they land and then it comes out. thats just lag

Reactions: DFC
I've had brilliant success following the AA grab with a walking corpse which I generally meterburn for a corpse hop.
It doesn't work against some wakeups out there but does beat others. On the ones it doesn't beat I just WC a tad later and cancel it, block the wakeup and punish accordingly.

In fact, I've had such success that its become a big part of my gameplay. Jump in on grundy and your risking losing the rest of your health

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
I've had brilliant success following the AA grab with a walking corpse which I generally meterburn for a corpse hop.
It doesn't work against some wakeups out there but does beat others. On the ones it doesn't beat I just WC a tad later and cancel it, block the wakeup and punish accordingly.

In fact, I've had such success that its become a big part of my gameplay. Jump in on grundy and your risking losing the rest of your health
Yeah, I usually eat the wakeup regardless. Timing is not my strongest suit yet.