What's new

To start round 1 with Cyrax.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
Well, maybe it's nothing new, but I was just looking for a combo with Cyrax to start a round, and found one
that may have some use.

So it's something like:
b2, ex bomb, dash, mid bomb, 1,1 (or 2,1 works either way) bomb pops up, walk back then what you like to do, I found the 1,2,1 stable and ok. It's a 32% at the first few seconds at the match. Sure you can add a net after the attacks when the opp is falling down after the bomb, like a 3,3,net and other thingy, possibly dish out a 35-36% damage, IMO the 1,2,1 (possible ragdoll, but can't make it happen, timing problems) are the best.
The dash before the mid bomb is needed to throw the bomb behind the opp, the punches will carry them to the bomb, so it's needed or at least it makes it work for me.

There are other variants:
for 37% (or some more)
- b2, dash, ex bomb, dash, mid bomb, dash, uppercut, 1,2,1 (or you know, anything you like)

For a reset possiblity there is a:
-b2, dash, ex bomb, far bomb, 3.
Here is the tricky part, there is a possibility of an OTG bomb, but you have to be pretty precise with the input, and
the 3 must hit perfectly in the mid of the opps fall. If you practice it you can do it most of the time.
It can't be rolled, so a guaranteed OTG bomb reset and from this part I'd like to give this one to the better players, I have
little to no experience what to do after a reset like this. Have fun!
Update: About the roll: so it can be rolled, if it is misstimed a bit, but even after the roll it will hit, since, the kick will
carry the opponent to the edge of the screen.
After the bomb the close bomb-b2 works well and after some combo, the damage for one variation:
b2,dash,ex bomb, far bomb,3 (21%), bomb launches opp, close bomb, b2, 1,2,1 does 33% so 54% for one bar at the first few seconds. Scarry.

All those starters have a few advantages and disadvantages as well, when the opp is ducking block it is gold, or when he is trying to start the match with something slower than your b2 it's a cool thing to do some early pressure. And because of you had the first attack +1 bar, so, like nothing happened only that 3x% of your opps health is gone somewhere...^^

The disadvantages are that if your opp walks back, or simply blocks, or starting with an attack faster than your b2 well...it won't work, pretty situational thing, still at the 60-70% of my matches I found it useful, you may give it a try sometime.

Any way to perfect this thing is welcome, any opinions as well. And sorry if I shared something prehistoric ima slowrax. :D

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
im not sure people are making these kinds of threads, surely it's never a good idea to have a pattern from the get go? the last thing you wanna be is predictable, just go with the flow at the start, no reason to be rushing into anything, i appreciate the input, but its a little unorthodox.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
If the other player is in range for you to B2, its more than likely theyre trying to attack you with a faster move.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
With Cyrax, your first move of the round online against random online hoods should 9/10 be Anti Air. :fight:

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
Yeah, you are right, it is pretty situational. Still it may have some uses, and it's like a 50/50 it will work, or not.
Mostly ppl expect me to block, or such, but if I start with that it scares some, and you can keep up the pressure easily. Even works against
the NJP wich many uses as a start.
The last one I found that reset works everytime if you can go in with a b2, in most matches I find that easier to hit with that if you are in mid range, from close it is pretty unsafe. But that 54% (or some more, if you can work it out) seems fair for one bar. And honestly I start to like that b2 punish more and more...
And yep, those things are not the usual stuff, but hey, OTG bomb reset. ^^

[MENTION=3775]A F0xy Grampa[/MENTION]
Well, at the start they are in range always. And so you are. I rarely see ppl start with an attack good for this, once a Jax did it, but only once this far.

Thanks for the comments.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I usually start off a match with these variations:

1) NJP -> and if it hits, immediately teleport and to 3,3,net -> b2, 1,2,1, airgrab (or 3,3,ragdoll). The teleport isn't necessary but I do it for the extra bit added to the EX bar.

2) NJP -> and if it misses, immediately teleport and do D3 or D4 to chestsaw (force them to block ducking and then standing, teleport not necessary again and is punishable)

3) ex-ragdall with throw, or if this is low blocked, try to follow with D3 or D4 to chestsaw (again low-block to stand-block, possibly punishable)

4) air grab, or if air grab misses, do the same D3 or D4 to chestsaw

Basically I try to do anything fast and difficult to block to get the first hit for the extra EX bar. I don't always start the same way, but sometimes I do because it's just so stupid that it works. =) Cyrax doesn't really have combos that start low, but doing D4 to chestsaw works VERY well, even though it's not really combo. It IS blockable, but difficult because it goes low-to-mid hit. I've never seen any other Cyrax players do this technique firsthand. I guess I kind of make it necessary for my opponent's only option to jump away in the beginning of a match. However, whether I'm doing an air grab or instant teleport after NJP, I'm close to them again and can do my D4 to chestsaw technique.