What's new

Question to Skarlet Players and Skarlet Opponents.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I was discussing with RedRaptor10 about D4 and D4~rd. And we had a lot of fun sharing ideas lately, so we decided to come public and ask a general opinion to the community, Skarlet players, or players that fight skarlet on daily basis.

To those who don't know, D4 vs standing opponent gives skarlet a +11 frame advantage on hit, so then, my opinion is to use this frame for a 114 pressure on the opponent while they're worried with something else or do a F4 check.
Its true also that D4 to 114 check can be armored out of, so does D4 to F4 check can also be armored out of easily, especially when the opponent is often pressured this way. This is the part red doesn't like.

So then, Red's opinion, is that Skarlet should ALWAYS cancel D4 into rd no matter if hits or block, because if the opponent blocks skarlet will simply loose the opportunity to pressure the opponent on the red dash drama. Its also an advantage because the cancel from it its always +25 on hit or block and the outcome will depend of what skarlet and the opponent will do next.

Its true that this leaves skarlet at -4, and doesn't seems like nothing, this is the part that i don't like, not only because your next movement can be armored out of, the chances of your next pressure be successful will depend on how the opponent will react to the d4~rd afterwards, reminding that any 6f moves will hit first here.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the awesome part, surely there is always ways to deal with it in expected situations, and this doesn't mean redraptor10 doesn't use D4 to F4 check or 114, and also doesn't mean i use don't D4~rd every time i can, on the contrary, its just a question of preference and how your opponent is mentally prepared to face these options.

We come to the conclusion that we need a feedback on you guys to discuss and simply answer the followed questions.

To Skarlet Opponents
1. How often do you interrupt D4 to F4 check or any other follow-up check or blocktring after D4, successfully hits you standing?

2. How often do you interrupt or escape the follow-ups check or Blockstrings after a D4~rd pressure?

To Skarlet Players
3. How often does F4 check or any followup gets armored out of once your D4 hits them standing

4. how often does D4~rd pressure gets escaped, or interrupted?

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Ever since raptor used D4 empty dash pressure on me many moons ago I use it whenever I can. it's a tool of frustration more than anything else for me. When I play, it's online...I don't really bother with the d4 to f4 check, though I would in offline.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ryublaze

Noob
It just seems like D4 red dash is the way to go cuz if you do a regular D4 then go for F4 you're getting the same thing except you get less cancel advantage. F4 does link into a combo but who's going to let go of block after they see a D4 hit you? and if the regular D4 is blocked then you miss your chance at starting pressure. Just my opinion though, I wanted to know what everyone else thinks before it was talked about in the guide. :p

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
The thing about the d4 to f4 check is that f4 is special mid, so it always connects. If you think you're going to be armored out, you should be able to counter a lot of armored moves with EX red dash linked off the f4. That would need testing by someone with the means to do so L0rdoftheFLY

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
The thing about the d4 to f4 check is that f4 is special mid, so it always connects. If you think you're going to be armored out, you should be able to counter a lot of armored moves with EX red dash linked off the f4. That would need testing by someone with the means to do so L0rdoftheFLY

All day games and stream potential on wednesday

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

That's a counter-Read :D i use it, to ppl respect my followup, when i read an armor escape.

F4 does link into a combo but who's going to let go of block after they see a D4 hit you?
That's the point, so i can get 16% chip damage with meter refueling.
"Still a better blockstring than twilight":p