What's new

General/Other - Unbreakable To NRS for Unbreakable Variation

It's simple buffs. And no he wouldn't be broken. He would be a alternate Grand Master which is not broken. Because right now Predator negates Unbreakable Variation. As an Unbreakable user Sub-Zero should have Frost Aura slightly increase damage and no chip and further damage increase with Ice Aura and combos becoming "Unbreakable" using Ice Aura only. Also like many others said, change Aura command to d,d +1. Makes no sense why no variation Sub-Zero have ice burst db+1 and Unbreakable doesn't. Also for Mother of pearl make his frost shield faster on startup and reverse jump ins and crossups. If he can already reverse scorpion teleport on opposite side of shield why not?! Also Ice Shield should have same properties as frost shield but be able to be held like Kitana counter attack. That's what the fans probably want as well...

Last edited:

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
So, wait a minute, regular frost aura should increase damage and negate chip completely? Regular meterless aura should do this? Am I reading this right?

Edit: I fear I may have taken some bait.

I don't see SZ getting buffed because he poses no real threat for people to complain, like everything else has since day 1 and the results have shown.

I don't see SZ getting buffed because he poses no real threat for people to complain, like everything else has since day 1 and the results have shown.
People have a personal problem since childhood losing against Sub-Zero so people gone cry patch against him anyways when he just a normal character which takes a lil time in the lab to beat. I am not trying to start a argument or anything many characters like Kotal, Lui, Erron, Jason, Scorpion, Reptile have huge damage boosters and or moves that constantly take energy. How can adding a very slight damage increase using auras to an already weak damaging character do any harm?

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
Start up on shield is fine. It's the recovery that takes too long and makes it useless against projectiles. And yeah, this variation could use some dmg buff, could be with meter burned ice aura active.

Edit: or as someone else somewhere else suggested: while aura is on, it activates Dot dmg. Whichever tbh. This variation is in serious need of some help.

So, wait a minute, regular frost aura should increase damage and negate chip completely? Regular meterless aura should do this? Am I reading this right?

Edit: I fear I may have taken some bait.
It's so
Start up on shield is fine. It's the recovery that takes too long and makes it useless against projectiles. And yeah, this variation could use some dmg buff, could be with meter burned ice aura active.
No the recovery is fine to me. It's the startup. It should have some kinda risk vs reward factor. Right now under pressure it's useless. Can't even get it out on wakeup or strings unless they god awful slow.

Last edited:

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
The parry is fast enough. Isn't it like barrier of frost 5f and barrier of ice 2f? This character should revolve around landing that parry.

This character needs slight, creative tweaks that make him not only more viable, but more interesting. Landing the parry /should/ temporarily buff Sub in some way during the follow up combo, so the risk is worth the reward. Pick ONE of the following and he'll be set.

- Grant automatic aura upon successful parry (normal aura for normal parry, ex aura for ex parry) and grant this specific aura route "unbreakable" property, where opponent cannot escape damage via breaker (variation is literally unbreakable). Unbreakable combo property ends when parry combo ends, normal aura effect persists as usual. If aura already applied, CURRENT effect (normal/ ex) refreshed upon successive parries.
- SZ gains access to new, more versatile strings gated behind a successful parry. Parry highlights opponent in new blue, frosted effect, which shatters when combo ends/ opponent hits the ground, cashing out additional damage proportional to number of hits in combo (longer combo = more potential damage, 0-5 hits extra 2%, 6-10 extra 4%, 11-..., extra 7% ) similar to Tanya Pyromancer dust. Ex parry "frosted"
effect allows for additional refreeze in combo. The metaphor in which the frozen opponent is being broken/ made "breakable," and implying SZ is not).
- SZ gains damage buff, lasting approx. the same duration as standard aura, upon successful parry, highlighted by audible/ visable taunt following opponents freeze.
- New move, true command grab rekka (mid). SZ grabs and headbutts opponent twice, shattering his Unbreakable mask and switching sides via rekka input (if desired). SZ reapplies mask in opponents recovery, sets situation at standing neutral much like Cryomancer cold blooded string, (standing position visually similar to Pumped Up Jax gotcha grab). Could entice opponent to act before SZ, granting parry meta type setplay. Ex cmd grab rekka 3 hits, +5 standing reset (also grants aura during mask reapplication).
- Blocking while aura is active reduces block stun, allowing for more parryable gaps. Damage inflicted post parry does not scale as if previously frozen.

NRS, please toy around with this.

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
It's simple buffs. And no he wouldn't be broken. He would be a alternate Grand Master which is not broken. Because right now Predator negates Unbreakable Variation. As an Unbreakable user Sub-Zero should have Frost Aura slightly increase damage and no chip and further damage increase with Ice Aura and combos becoming "Unbreakable" using Ice Aura only. Also like many others said, change Aura command to d,d +1. Makes no sense why no variation Sub-Zero have ice burst db+1 and Unbreakable doesn't. Also for Mother of pearl make his frost shield faster on startup and reverse jump ins and crossups. If he can already reverse scorpion teleport on opposite side of shield why not?! Also Ice Shield should have same properties as frost shield but be able to be held like Kitana counter attack. That's what the fans probably want as well...
I agree with this for the most part. A few changes though. I'd only allow EX Aura to give him a damage buff. He almost gets the regular one for free due to how fast that move is on start up and recovery. Also I don't think it should be able to be held like Kitana's. Her's doesn't hit lows or jump ins. Also if someone jumps over and doesn't perform a jump punch they should be able to hit his back. It hitting Scorpion is because he has a gigantic hurt/hit box during teleport.

However if he parries a projectile, I think it should allow him to gain meter for the attack, and instantly be able to block afterwards.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Post said "pick one change." He'd for sure be broken if they added "everything" I mentioned. But they're just ideas, meant to stand alone. Apparently that went too deep (phrasing). God forbid you think through what you're going to post, right? And if you're asking for a change, speaking to a company, at least be grammatically correct and don't use and 3 times in a sentence and add commas so you don't have ridiculous sentences. And no, none of those individually would break the variation... theu simply revolve around using a high risk parry to put fear into your opponent instead of dealing 30% max we're used to now.

You basically said "buff his damage with aura too!" he shouldn't just get a damage buff from a safe aura cast. Please dude, your post is barely readable and you're straight up asking for a 5/ 2 frame parry to be faster.

Finally, I posted the "Un combo breakable combos" idea a while back. In case you were wondering? I'm the one you stole it from. Get blown up.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I love how innovative your buffs are Ree, but NRS isn't willing to completely overhaul Sub-Zero like he needs to be in this variation. And the rest on TYM would scoff. I read your post and thought it was another character entirely, which is pretty much what needs to happen. I'm slightly more modest but still innovative.

Remap Aura to dd3 and reinstate Ice Bomb to db1.

Reduce recovery on Parry.

Augment subs specials while Ex Aura active, with the above buffs, his defense would be improved, but if he only tops out at 30% then he's gonna have a hill to climb. Augmented specials in this state:

Note: ex moves remove the EX aura from sub but grant properties. This would add value to Sub-Zero players who basically only spend it on Aura. Since Subby doesn't build a ton of meter, I think the risk/reward element of the variation is still here, but you get some real bang for your buck (slide especially).

Ex Freeze: Ice from the aura is thrown with the projectile, granting even more damage and further reduced scaling as well.
Ex Ice Burst: Armored detonation of the aura all around Sub. Would stIill launch, but basically with a large AOE.
Ex Slide: ice from the aura thrown on the second strike of the slide, increasing the launch to make the slide convertable. The size of the launch depends on the length of the combo (diminishes).

I don't think this would be OP.

Look guys.. if I can get over this you guys certainly need to. SZ is getting NO fixes and NO changes. This is what you get, end...

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
Look guys.. if I can get over this you guys certainly need to. SZ is getting NO fixes and NO changes. This is what you get, end...
Some of us don't NEED to get over this. You certainly do, because you travel to tourneys, and it might be better for you to ditch Sub-Zero for more consistent Predator set-ups.
Some of us that do not travel just want to see our fav character at highest game-play that is to be seen during offline tourneys. And with Sub-Zero in current condition it's unlikely after EVO.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Parry on projectiles should recover instantly. (This alone will fix him)

MB Aura cancels from B12, F4, F42, and 12 should extend combos on hit and allow him to follow up with B1 or F4.
Regular Aura cancels from the same strings should grant him advantage on block, not enough for a guaranteed B3 or B2, so +10.
MB Aura should also give a damage buff.

That's it. Job done.

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
- shield recovers instantly after parrying projectiles

- ex shield should parry jump ins, we are spending a damn meter after all

- slight damage increase when landing a parry so we can hit 35% instead of whiffing and eating 40% combos, just to balance the risk reward aspect

- cancelling into ice aura mid combos give slight + frames, aside from f4 ice aura of course

lets go subby!

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
The buffs are reasonable. Honestly I want to use Cryo and Unbreakable more than Grandmaster lol. I recently started using Unbreakable more though. I just think that Ice Aura is so cool lmao

zoofs

bless
Parry on projectiles should recover instantly. (This alone will fix him)

MB Aura cancels from B12, F4, F42, and 12 should extend combos on hit and allow him to follow up with B1 or F4.
Regular Aura cancels from the same strings should grant him advantage on block, not enough for a guaranteed B3 or B2, so +10.
MB Aura should also give a damage buff.

That's it. Job done.
this is pretty much perfect