What's new

To be honest, I like the grind

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
MHW grind is crazy too, but less rewarding...but this is new level of grind for a FIGHTING GAME....MVC2 wasnt THIS bad and it had 3x the amount of chars...2/3rds were trash tier, but I still love Hsien-ko.

if Mk12 grind is this bad it might be my last...OR ITLL BE THE ONLY GAME I PLAY PERIOD BESIDES OLD MKS I GUESS...

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
MHW grind is crazy too, but less rewarding...but this is new level of grind for a FIGHTING GAME....MVC2 wasnt THIS bad and it had 3x the amount of chars...2/3rds were trash tier, but I still love Hsien-ko.

if Mk12 grind is this bad it might be my last...
well, lets be real here, people are pissed about the grind because there's entirely too much shit for it to be up to random chance, even if its semi-predicatble. If it was random chance and the pool of garbage too unlock was only as large as DBZ or Tekken or even MKX, the power gamers would've finished it the first week the guides would be all over gamefaqs and nobody would be still be bitching by now.

BUt since I'm on week 4 of semi non-stop play and I still haven't unlocked a single krypt fatality head and I literally don't know why, they definitely fucked it up.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I seen a lot of people complaining about this. I do understand the complaints, because some people don't have the time or patience in playing the game to get the gear and whatever they want. And I understand all that takes a long time. But I like that it gives you incentive of keep coming back to the game. I've been playing MK11 virtually everyday since release, and if not for the grind, I wouldn't have been doing that. Don't me wrong, I'm not the type to drop fighting games once I've finished the story and everything, but I like continually being rewarded for playing the game.

If you had to grind for unlockable character or something, then yeah, that wouldn't annoying. But this is only for cosmetics.

Who can relate with me?
I feel exactly the same way. It's because i like RPGs and the gear grind is similar to grinding in those kinds of games. I don't like it when things, such as getting the best costumes, wepons, etc., are too easy in games. If they are difficult to obtain, whenever you do finally obtain them, it's a much bigger accomplishment and they are that much more special. Once, in Final Fantasy XII, i grinded for 18 hours to get the Danjuro dagger, for those of you familiar with that game. That was a serious grind.

Afumba

Noob
If think this bad you ain’t seen nothing yet like classic wow or mmo which MK is trying emulate with the krypt etc
You cant compare WoW to MK11... The goal of WoW is to grind items. The whole game is based around grinding/farming. Even farming rare pets/mounts or farming herbs 12h/day in WoW was more fun and made more sense than anything MK11 does in term of grinding.

Even a game like MHW with its over top grind for not much reason after a short while is way better as at least the grind promotes the actual gameplay.

Its tough to find a game that has a grind system as bad as MK11.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
You cant compare WoW to MK11... The goal of WoW is to grind items. The whole game is based around grinding/farming. Even farming rare pets/mounts or farming herbs 12h/day in WoW was more fun and made more sense than anything MK11 does in term of grinding.

Even a game like MHW with its over top grind for not much reason after a short while is way better as at least the grind promotes the actual gameplay.

I’m just trying to say that’s the model there trying go for with it being fighting gane . The method of the grinding in this game does kinda lol. I’m at the point Kenshi refilled chest not dropping gear ..... I think set for certain of boxes will have piece of gear the rest is random junk :(

Last edited:

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
loot pool may refresh every hour or time you enter krypt...know one knows...if you evrr get too many konsumables...take a break....4 sure

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
loot pool may refresh every hour or time you enter krypt...know one knows...if you evrr get too many konsumables...take a break....4 sure
No you refill the chest and you open them 100k will re open some of the Kenshi chests will show up ... I’m getting to the point where 3rd chest of the Kenshi chest don’t give me anything .... :(

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
shao lin monks rpg would be cool, but mk is a fighting game...gear grind should take 50 hrs at most imo.

chests drop junk if I dont take breaks...I get 6 gear pieces a day...thats all Ive been seeing lately...not complaining...looking for Kabal Klassic Mask...Honestly Im fine with grind kill la kill is only other game I want now...MK is always going to be a favorite of mine.

Last edited:
Maybe I should have clarified this in the OP, but I do largely agree that having the RNG the Krypt wasn't the right way to go. But other than that, I like the grind.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
The grind in this game summed up in 15 seconds:

Sooo glad I did the head glitch.

Afumba

Noob
I’m just trying to say that’s the model there trying go for with it being fighting gane . The method of the grinding in this game does kinda lol. I’m at the point Kenshi refilled chest not dropping gear ..... I think set for certain of boxes will have piece of gear the rest is random junk :(
True but they should have went some other way. Enough better ways to implement it.

Yea i am at the same point. Chest, shrine, everything gives mostly junk... Even AI battles... have to win 4-5 battles/day zo get like 1-2 items/skins. List of stupid stuff with the grind is extremly long...

Lets at least hope they dont mix the DLC stuff in the same pool as the regular stuff.

Art Lean

Noob
Granted a spam bot resurrected this thread, but I'll actually chime in on the actual subject matter since it's nearly 3 years later and an interesting discussion after all this time.

Ya know, I'm with Kitana Fan on this. Whilst at the start it was a bit of a chore (especially in the REAL early days when stuff was much harder to get, well, except for the head glitch which I did take advantage of), I have thoroughly enjoyed having so much stuff to unlock in this game to customise my characters. In fact I'm still enjoying having gear left to unlock even after all this time. Admittedly there's very little in the way of "gotta have it" gear anymore, it's mostly just the dregs and palette swaps left in the KL at this stage, but there's still a few little beauties that come along in the KL gear pool that completed a skin better for me than what was available before, with a few things I'm still endeavouring to unlock.

I genuinely hope an MK12 doesn't return to the days of singular outfit options, I've loved making the characters my own and having a reason to still keep playing nearly 3 years later.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I did the heads challenge twice, unlocked Frost 3 times, ran all over that Krypt on at least 2 platforms.

I hear there are tons off line grinders to this day, but personally I'm tired and not doing it again.

I'm also hungry even though I just ate. Not sure what to do there. Maybe doordash will necro a thread and help me figure it out.

I've played through the game on two platforms, and I still maintain that, after the tweaks and adjustments, NetherRealm Studios nailed the single player content for the game. I still play it to this day and it's very easy for casual players to pick up.

Having said that, I was never keen on the insane amounts of skins and gear in the game (so many of which are just pallet swaps). I personally prefer the system from Mortal Kombat XL for character customization, save I like having options for DLC characters as well.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
I got all the heads by cheating & I got all of the medallions by cheating, there wasn’t a grind for me.

Even a game like MHW with its over top grind for not much reason after a short while is way better as at least the grind promotes snaptube vidmate the actual gameplay.

I agree with that ! it's nearly impossible

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I don't appreciate having a game where so much content is hidden behind bullshit I don't want to play. Every single god damn thing in the game (skins, items, Brutalities etc.) should at the very least have the option to be earned passively no matter what you're doing in-game. Towers and Kombat League can eat my dick.