What's new

TLOU2 Discussion Thread [NO LEAKS]

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Going through again, I really liked Jesse and Dina, they were easily my favorite characters in terms of likability. Obviously Joel and Ellie are my favorite, but no thanks to this game.

I just wish Jesse did more in the game than
get cucked, die, and never be talked about as if nobody every gave a fuck about him.
Listen it's not his fault that Dina has a major crush on Ellie for 4 years. She can play music, writes it too, she's a major chick magnet bro.

:cool:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Oh yeah for sure, I don't see why he had to make him Dina's ex, like they could have had a fling and boom pregnant. But yeah, his death was dumb

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The more I play and think about this game more, shit just makes me really depressed. I watched a review that said this game should have a depression / anxiety trigger warning for people who suffer from those conditions the same way some movies and games have epilepsy warnings. Like for fucks sake man.

More thoughts on the game after more reflection.
The game does an awful job selling it's cycle of violence message and showing that seeking revenge will destroy you. While Abby suffered consequences of her actions, she could only make steps to becoming a better person AFTER getting her revenge she had been single mindedly obsessing over for years. Abby is still irredeemable and taking care of Lev changes nothing, just as Joel protecting Ellie did nothing. Ellie should have suffered different consequences imo. To me, it makes no sense that Dina isn't at all bothered that her former long time boyfriend and father of her son is dead due to being involved in Ellie's rampage. I think a person in Dina's position would have left Ellie on her own, with Dina and Jesse honestly being the only redeemable characters. Tommy's weird swap from being okay with leaving Seattle to berating Ellie for not wanting to go to Santa Barbra made no sense to me, obviously Joel wouldn't have wanted that for Ellie, also he should be fucking dead. Ellie and Abby aren't at all sympathetic to me. They are also very very very stupid. Ellie snaps and for some reason people are like "yeah that makes sense, let's do that", Tommy was dumb as fuck for going to Seattle before Ellie, Abby should not have spared Ellie and Tommy because she should know first hand what someone who's father was brutally murdered will do, yes Joel revealing himself is still stupid because 4 years of the good life doesn't undo 21 years of being a smuggler/hunter/overall very cautious survivor, Jesse just gets cucked and dies when he could have had a much greater bearing on the plot, Dina is willing to ruin her life alongside Ellie just cause they fucked and smoked some weed together, they're 19 for fucks sake, I don't buy that they're that attached already.

The game just hurts my brain to think about, Neil Druckmann and the other head writer have completely different interpretations of their own story, not everything should be up for interpretation. They can defend weird plot holes involving character actions by saying "people are complex", no Neil, make a concrete statement and have the balls to stick with it. For a game that has no sense of subtlety, it still somehow doesn't say much at all about really anything. All of the characters in TLOU 1 were consistent throughout, wether they were protagonists or antagonists, likable or not, it was always perfectly clear while still not directly slapping you in the face with it why Joel, Ellie, Tess, Marlene, Bill, or David make the decisions they make, remain consistent throughout, but still manage to surprise you. Joel massacring the fireflies was both shocking but understandable based on Joel's traits and previous actions, David being revealed to be a predator / cannibal was also a mind fuck but all the ground work had been laid to make it understandable, you got why Marlene was willing to sacrifice Ellie but that she still loved her.

Popegina

Hymen Holocaust
I just now beat this game and holy fuck I love it, even more so than the first one. Sure it's a little too long and Ellie got on my nerves a bit, but I'd give this a 9/10.

Very curious as to what the 3rd installment will have

The scene towards the end where Ellie found Abby hanging with her hair chopped off was incredibly powerful

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I just now beat this game and holy fuck I love it, even more so than the first one. Sure it's a little too long and Ellie got on my nerves a bit, but I'd give this a 9/10.

Very curious as to what the 3rd installment will have

The scene towards the end where Ellie found Abby hanging with her hair chopped off was incredibly powerful
Glad you liked it! Some days I have it at almost a 9, some days like a 5, I feel so many conflicting things with this game.

First time I've thought this for a Naughty Dog game, but the gameplay was very very very good. Usually it is good and fun enough to stay engaging broken up by awesome set pieces with an engaging story. This time I wanted to keep playing just to do more encounters, especially the human ones were really fun and intense. I don't Abby but like playing as her simultaneously, which is the only time I've hated one of the protagonists in a game but still liked playing as them. Ellie, I was completely okay with up until about half way through Seattle Day 3, but I was okay with her for the most part.

Obviously this game will have story DLC just like Uncharted 4 and TLOU Part 1. Who do you think we will play as? I'd rather Abby's and Ellies futures stay a mystery for now but I also don't wanna play as one of the side characters from this game who's fate is clearly laid out. I honestly don't even know, I would be down just for the gameplay though, would be interested in seeing a brand new setting.

Popegina

Hymen Holocaust
@Dankster Morgan -
I have no clue about DLC, but I agree that Abby and Ellie's stories should remain a mystery until the 3rd game. If I were to guess, it could be what happened with Dina after she left Ellie at the end, but dealing with the baby would be annoying. I was thinking Lev, but his story would have to include Abby. Maybe the DLC could show what happened during the middle sections of 2, like Ellie and Dina's journey from Wyoming to Seattle? Or something that happened with Abby during one of her journeys, such as when her and Lev went to Santa Barbara?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
@Dankster Morgan -
I have no clue about DLC, but I agree that Abby and Ellie's stories should remain a mystery until the 3rd game. If I were to guess, it could be what happened with Dina after she left Ellie at the end, but dealing with the baby would be annoying. I was thinking Lev, but his story would have to include Abby. Maybe the DLC could show what happened during the middle sections of 2, like Ellie and Dina's journey from Wyoming to Seattle? Or something that happened with Abby during one of her journeys, such as when her and Lev went to Santa Barbara?
Some time periods I'd be interested in seeing but maybe not a full blown game of
Tommy's perspective of Seattle day 1-3
Joel and Tommy in the first few years of the outbreak

Preferably something totally new though