What's new

Tired after playing online ranked?

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Honestly I've stopped playing Kombat League, and online I general, because instead of being excited to play, it feels like a chore, honestly. It really feels like a chore to play Kombat League for the 5 games a day. And yes, I also feel tired after just doing those 5.

Espio

Kokomo
Im not normal or what ? I can play for hours some games and not feel tired but when I play mk11 online , or other fgs after like 1h or even less sometimes I feel tired . Dont know why. And I dont mean im tired of wifi worriors or something like that Physically tired ....
Fighting games and any game that requires constant focus and attention are draining on you. Even if you're having fun, mental tiredness is inevitable in these circumstances. Water, stretching and breathing/taking breaks is beneficial. I would do that every 30 minutes. Stay hydrated. Even if you're not excercising your body is constantly excreting liquid when you breathe. Even when I play sets I limit myself to an hour or less of play time before a break.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Well, if you are a grown ass man and actually have a special someone to care about, do the laundry, cook regularly and work an occasional overtime, then dealing with random online teabaggers (1 out of 4 times you lose on average), open mics over loud noises to distract you, having people disconnect before the "finish him/her" so that they won't lose the 120+points you just earned, getting hatemail every now and having to play 50 ping matches that during gameplay they rise up to 300 plus Leonidas...
Am I saying it right? Am I in your head? Can you feel me?
EDIT: consider all the above while you are supposed to entertain yourself on your free time while playing your favourite game that should travel you back to the lighter teenage years.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
if playing aiming competitive results, this game is good only for 2 hours/day straight , that's more than enough for personal satisfaction .... after that, becomes stressful and kinda boring ..... so 2 hours is a very good threshold

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
KL is imo very stress inducing which can break you down mentally which can indirectly affect you physically. It's a similar feeling to anxiety but not nearly as bad but things mentally tire you can also affect you physically sometimes.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
KL is imo very stress inducing which can break you down mentally which can indirectly affect you physically. It's a similar feeling to anxiety but not nearly as bad but things mentally tire you can also affect you physically sometimes.
yeah , Im also battling with depression and anxiety so that doesn't help either

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
I tried streaming KL & legit only lasted 30 min max. I think I was experience fatigue. Idk something about MK11 online in paticular leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Like I legit have no quams brushing off toxicity in the other games I play like DBD or SC6 but MK11 is the only one I can't. If u ever want 1v1 tho pm me ur psn if u want.

Generally speaking, as others have mentioned, fighting games are one of the most demanding video game genres out there, and they tax your mental limits, which also hits you physically. You're playing it solo, you're doing everything and have no one to fall back on, it's all on you and how you react/deal with your opponent.

It's the same with Real Time Strategy games. Extremely demanding genre.

The game has the same syndrome as SFV in that regard. Yeah the game is more simple than previous entries but mentally taxing af because low/OH mixups happen so fast you gotta be on point to block shit like Sonya's blockstrings.
Also if you don't want people to go full retard with jump kicks on you, you gotta be so fast with releasing block into d2/s1.
Then there's difficult punishes with very low block stun up the ass on almost every character.

I think I can count on ten fingers how many times I've punished shit like Kabal's low hook or even trash like that Geras string that ends in a blockable throw attempt.

You're looking for all this reactive shit, while taking mental notes on habits you can exploit and trying to condition people into trying to exploit your bad habits so you can start mixing them up.

Fighting games are pretty hard

djynn

hsu hao main
MK11 is the only game I really want to play anymore and yeah it drains me too. I'll just hover on the menu screen looking at my phone lol. Other games are boring now idk what it is

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
This is an interesting phenomena I've never encountered.
I've said before this is the first modern FG I've ever grinded, and I def have to take breaks and limit my time ranked.
Cool to see I'm not alone I guess

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Its literally the toxic people with wifi combined with mk's really boring UI, its actually physically taxing.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
You're brain is probably in overdrive. I imagine that any fighting game or things that require that much focus can put strain on your brain and leave you feeling exhausted. I know there have been times when I was having a tough/busy day and even though I wasn't necessarily doing anything physical I still felt like I had just run a marathon afterwards.

It's not just you though, it happens to me. I have cut back a bit though on the KL. I originally wanted to get to Demi every season but now im only doing it if there is a cool skin I want. I also take it less seriously now. I just put on an album I have been meaning to listen to and play, usually more focused on the music than the actual game lol makes it less stressful.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Here's my pro tip: ONLY play when you're in a good mood and when you lose 2 in a row STAHP.
I don't agree here. Losing should motivate people to play, instead of running away (idk if you're serious tho).

I limit my playtimes kinda strict to 1-2 hours. As other mentioned, you need to focus the whole time when you play the game.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
yeah , Im also battling with depression and anxiety so that doesn't help either
I know the feeling, it sucks. I've gotten anxiety over gaming online but only with MK so far lol. If I'm playing a sports game or Mario Kart or Pool, Bowling or Family Feud etc, etc I never get anxious but if I'm playing MK or anything super competitive where you have to think on your feet, I feel the same way with Smash but rarely but not nearly as bad as MK lol. I go in not expecting to win in Smash so maybe when I know I can win I put extra pressure on myself? If that makes sense..

Zviko

Noob
What I've learned in my gaming career is that results come when you care about them the least. It happened in Fifa, FPS games, fighting games,...

Sit back, relax, pick a character you like no matter what people think about it, put on some music and just play. Don't even look at what rank you are, how many points you get for the next fight etc.

This works for me.

Try playing the Weekend League in Fifa, where the rewards aren’t skins and brutalities, the rewards there actually give you a potential competitive edge in players you might pack and hence you upgrade your team. I play both the WL in Fifa and KL in MK11, the stress level induced by tough matches, wi-fi, teabaggers and chasing mostly cosmetic rewards is bareable compared to Fifa.