What's new

Question - Cassie Cage Tips for when getting pressured

sars

Noob
So I am playing cassie brawler and it's comming a long. This is my first fighting game so I'm happy with my progress.

If the opponent is taking it slow I normally do good, I'm pretty good at reading the basic moves and punishing, so a slow pace match or a match where I have the pressure I do pretty good.

If I am getting pressured constitution and someone is in my face I struggle. If they get there first combo off and just keep the pressure on I guess I kind of panic. I try blocking but I end up getting opened up, I try a wake up bit I'm not real good at timing them yet. Just wondering if any of you guys got any tips on how to reverse the pressure. I know practice is the best and I am getting better but is there any move you guys specifically like for getting out of pressure.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Obviously it depends on who the opponent is but you could back dash or armor out. I think bf4 is her shoryuken move if the opponent is going in jumping all over you, you can probably get an armor move between the gap. Blocking is also not a bad Idea most moves are minus so you can poke out after their string or whatever.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
find out what your fastest down poke is. most down pokes are safe on block and plus on hit so try using them to poke out of pressure. if they block it then your safe and if it hits you should have enough + frames to start your offense.

sars

Noob
find out what your fastest down poke is. most down pokes are safe on block and plus on hit so try using them to poke out of pressure. if they block it then your safe and if it hits you should have enough + frames to start your offense.
Yeah I gOT you. I guess I really don't use pokes that much, guess I'll have to add them to my arsonal. Thanks I didn't even think of this.

sars

Noob
EX Flip is like one of the best wakeup moves in the game, it's almost impossible to punish it midscreen.
Yeah, I have been working on my wake up game, and my pokes. I add a little bit to my game at a time. I don't want to try to do everything at once since I'm so new to fighting games. I did win a tounament my squadron held, so that made me feel like all this practice is paying off.

Don't forget delayed wake up. Holding down and seeing which string the opponent goes into will give you a better idea as to how you should be blocking. The more strings you can recognise, the more useful it becomes.

Another really useful thing is the replays in the extras menu on the main title screen. It only saves about 10 replays at a time, but watching your matches back will allow you to step back from your play and see things that you will have missed in the moment. It can be uncomfortable watching yourself at first, but it's worth the embarrassment.