What's new

Tips for instant air attacks?

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Two of the characters I play (Black Adam and Scarecrow) both need to utilize IA attacks in certain situations, yet I am having a ton of trouble getting them to come out correctly (I had this problem with Cammy in SFV too)

I play on a standard PS4 controller, does anyone have any tips for getting this down?

chores

bad at things
black adam has a minimum height for instant air dive kick (just like cammy) -- black adams just takes practice. it is much easier than hitting cammys minimum height every time (not including ex)

no idea on scarecrow

Blade4693

VIVIVI
black adam has a minimum height for instant air dive kick (just like cammy) -- black adams just takes practice. it is much easier than hitting cammys minimum height every time (not including ex)

no idea on scarecrow
Gotcha. I am about to go practice and see if I can figure it out. My problem seems to be that the kick isn't coming out fast enough, or when he is close to the peak of his jump even though I am inputting it as fast as I can once I jump. Ill play around with some different timings and see what happens.

Thanks for the reply!

chores

bad at things
Gotcha. I am about to go practice and see if I can figure it out. My problem seems to be that the kick isn't coming out fast enough, or when he is close to the peak of his jump even though I am inputting it as fast as I can once I jump. Ill play around with some different timings and see what happens.

Thanks for the reply!
np - it is worth mentioning that ive only even played sfv and injustice on a hitbox so ymmv