What's new

Tips and Mix-ups

Hitbox_Tyrant

"R.T.S.D" -Alex Valle
Havent posted a single thread on TYM since i joined LOL.
Feel free to ask for tips or post vids of jax mixups/corner shenannigans :]

BookBurning

Voidwards
I noticed you use gotcha grab alot, does this give large advantage on block I assume? That's actually my biggest question because if it does I'm trying to incorporate it into my block strings.

Hitbox_Tyrant

"R.T.S.D" -Alex Valle
Yea its equivalent (If not better than) Kabals mixup. Plus u build some meter and chip damage :] Unfortunately most of jax's normals are slow as hell so gotcha grab makes them somewhat safe.

leek

Noob
Could you post a link or two to some of your gameplay? Only if you have it on hand, I'm just being lazy. I'll look it up later other wise..

after a ji-kick~air grab, do you go for a mid ground pound and read the opponent to cancel or not? It's something I do that i've found works against some and doesn't others..

Hitbox_Tyrant

"R.T.S.D" -Alex Valle
What's your style of play when you use jax? is it passive or agressive?
Im very aggressive lol. I always try to push my opponent in the corner as much as possible cuz midscreen jax can only dish out 31-35% damage sadly -_- plus u need to keep ur opponent on their toes xD

I'm thinking of learning Jax, but I'm having some concerns.

1.) Can he do any good midscreen damage without meter?

2.) Can he do decently powerful midscreen juggles without ground pound?

3.) Does he like cereal?

Thanks in advance

D-MyzE

Noob
Yea I had a few questions too

1) Is there a way to stop being poked out of f313 when your opponent is blocking?
2) Does overhad smash on wakeup go over pokes?
3) Does Jax's anti-air grab stop jump kicks and punches?

edit: meant f413 sorry

Hitbox_Tyrant

"R.T.S.D" -Alex Valle
I have like a million BnB corner combos lol. But the one meterless combo i usually use is (gp, neutral jp, 4,1,1,2,2 dash punch, 1,2,1,2 Gotcha Grab)
It does decent damage, plus it looks sexy xD

Levi

Noob
Man, Tyrant
I don't know how you pull off some of these combos. I'm close to giving up with him.
I gave up on jax once, but i was still adapting to mortal kombat play... now i got back to him and feels easy to play him... if u're new to it too try easyer combo char's to begin with, like mileena, raiden, etc.

i'm no master with him thou :D

Theme

Noob
Im having trouble dealing low pokes of characters such as Smokes d1 and Sonya's d4... Is there any effective way to deal with this blashphemy?

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Im having trouble dealing low pokes of characters such as Smokes d1 and Sonya's d4... Is there any effective way to deal with this blashphemy?
Rape em with jump kick>airgrabs and pokes>elbow drops and some ground pound mindgames. groundpound will stand em up pretty quick lol

LEGEND

YES!
new to jax. how to pressure?
Some Examples:
D4-gotcha, D3, F413/F4-gotcha

Jab, 22-special, D4 gotcha, GP/C

12,D3, F413 or F414/F41 OHS

D1-gotcha, D3, 2F2-gotcha (if blocked->) Space back into D4 or F4 string for counter poke

123-gotcha as midscreen punisher to start pressure and F413 to punish moves in the corner to lead to bigger combos and setups including his corner EX GP reset