What's new

Thumb pain

My right and left thumb fucking hurt after playing this game, its unreal. I dont think I can play it lol. Anybody else have this or is just me?

I like the game alot but if feels like a knife is jabbing my thumb :(

I used to have this problem but I found several solutions.
  1. Rest thumbs after every 15-20 min for about 5 min and massage the muscles that control the thumbs.
  2. If you press too hard, you need to spend some serious time in training mode going through all your combos etc while paying full attention on how hard your're pressing buttons and d-pad, make sure you are pressing just enough to trigger the button, no more. Its really hard to retrain, but its doable.
  3. Convert over to a fightstick.
I played MK9 with a regular Madcatz TE stick, I played MKX with a PS4 pad. Now I'm doing an experiment with MK11. I'm maining Jax with stick, and alting Sub-Zero with PS4 pad. It's working just fine.

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
Maybe your controller? Or you are gripping too hard. My thumbs have only ever hurt when I play melee for a long time or if I switch from stick to pad after a long time. Gotta readjust to the pad

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
may sound stupid but make sure you use the pads of your thumbs to press the buttons... I have friends that get blisters all the time because they insist on using the thumb joints instead & there is little protection there...

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
My right and left thumb fucking hurt after playing this game, its unreal. I dont think I can play it lol. Anybody else have this or is just me?

Get an Arcade Stick or a Hitbox.... end of thread : )

At first these are jokes, but then they can develop into a serious problem. This may be due to overstrain of the muscles or joints, for example due to improper hitting technique or incorrect equipment. However, more serious causes are also possible, such as injury, arthritis, or other inflammatory diseases. Since this pain interferes with your enjoyment of the game and has a negative impact on your life, go to the doctor! Then you will say thank you again. I myself am studying to become a doctor and recently I was just looking for nursing research topics, I used https://papersowl.com/blog/nursing-research-topics for this. Don't ignore finger pain, even if it seems minor. Seeing a doctor early can help prevent the condition from getting worse and help find effective treatment. This is my personal advice. It’s better to get checked and not suffer than the other way around.
I wouldn't joke about this. Pain in the thumbs after playing can be a symptom of various conditions that require attention from a doctor.

Last edited:

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
I do get the blisters sometimes when learning a tight link combo but once I get the muscle memory It doesn't happen that's why I only play less then a handful of characters. As someone above said press just enough and don't mash