What's new

Breakthrough - Raiden Three f12b2's are BACK!

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
It may be just me but it feels like different slightly different timing on characters with different size hitboxs
femal hitboxs felt the easiest
normal size hitboxes (like sub zero) felt a little tougher but not too bad when you get used to it (the last hit of rep 3 whiffs for me
and large hitbox characters (i used Goro in practice) have a very strict timing on the 2nd rep. either the b2 of rep 2 whiff or you miss the first hit
let me know if you guys notice a difference or im just crazy lol

Lil Majin

Raiden Enthusiast
It may be just me but it feels like different slightly different timing on characters with different size hitboxs
femal hitboxs felt the easiest
normal size hitboxes (like sub zero) felt a little tougher but not too bad when you get used to it (the last hit of rep 3 whiffs for me
and large hitbox characters (i used Goro in practice) have a very strict timing on the 2nd rep. either the b2 of rep 2 whiff or you miss the first hit
let me know if you guys notice a difference or im just crazy lol
Yeah you're definitely right about that. The combo becomes very easy with more leeway against female characters as opposed to the regular sized male characters and Goro. It's still easy against Ferra/Torr and Predator.

by the way I think displacer low key has the best brutality in the game. I mean he teleports inside the body and makes it explode...
It's basically Shang Tsung's MK9 fatality (or Liu Kang's MKD fatality), though that makes it EVEN more impressive.

Reactions: GAV

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I've practice landing that string into Torpedo for about 30-40 minutes and I cant get it yet. I was able to land twice and f12 into Torpedo for 28%.

Love this Variation. I remember how I was impressed when I saw it for the very first time. If I am correct he had different variation tittle - Displacer was given later on i think.

Protectobot

More Displacer Raiden, please! ;P
I'm not very consistent with the god's rage x 3 combo but I'm still kinda new to the game so maybe I'll get better at it later lol. My prob seemed to be different mistakes each time. Either I'm not run-cancelling early enough or I don't do the 2 fast enough after the f1. What I hate most is getting that DAMN db2 vicinity blast special and not finishing my combo. I usually just go for x 2 into ex shock and then finish the combo for 35% or so to push opponents into the corner, since the 3rd gr combo seems the hardest to connect.

Thanks to Lil Majin, I now know there's an easier way to get 41% one bar in the corner than what I was trying to do for a 'mere' 40%, but then again, there's a SUPER-easy corner combo (or close to the corner at the start) for 38% that often seems worth using more often :p On the other hand, I should probably just be doing restand combos instead and go for pressure and chip...

Last edited:

Deoxys243

Leader of The Salty Spitoon
i cant seem to get this to work consistantly. i can get the 3rd rep to start but the b2 just whiffs most of the time, still doesnt feel like the old 3 reps at least to me
I am having some trouble landing it consistently as well. Most of the time the 3rd rep whiffs but I think it's because I misunderstood the OP. Just to be sure you know how to do it, you must buffer the ff in the run cancel, meaning that you must wait until the f12b2 has completely finished until you click ff to cancel into the next f12b2. Very tricky execution that probably takes lots of practice but I've seen some consistent Raiden players using it

Protectobot

More Displacer Raiden, please! ;P
I am having some trouble landing it consistently as well. Most of the time the 3rd rep whiffs but I think it's because I misunderstood the OP. Just to be sure you know how to do it, you must buffer the ff in the run cancel, meaning that you must wait until the f12b2 has completely finished until you click ff to cancel into the next f12b2. Very tricky execution that probably takes lots of practice but I've seen some consistent Raiden players using it
YEP! You don't really get to look for the running animation. You just have to assume you did everything right. Sometimes I feel like I have to smash f1 to make sure it comes out, and I guess I don't trust my muscle memory and reflexes enough to commit to 2 after f1. It sometimes feels like I skipped the 2 and tried to do the b2 but sometimes I do the damned vicinity burst/blast instead because I'm rotating the d-pad without realizing it. Last time I practiced, I was doing much better but I have good and bad days. I also have more trouble on one side of the screen than the other, and the funny thing is that it's not always the same side...

Lil Majin's good at it and Goonie--whom I just discovered yesterday--is really good at it too. I wouldn't be surprised if diff opponents have diff hurtboxes though, but that seems to be a bigger prob for SF games than NR games when it comes to landing combos (including juggle combos).