What's new

Breakthrough - Raiden Three f12b2's are BACK!

Lil Majin

Raiden Enthusiast
I don't know if this is a ninja buff/fix, but the old f12b2 three times into bf3 for 32% is back!

I know that this belongs in the combo thread, but I feel that this is a great return to Displacer and MOS's players.

The execution is very tedious as this combo requires you to ff buffer after f12b2 then run a few frames after Raiden dashes to connect the 2nd and 3rd f12b2. If you run as soon as you recover, then you can't land the last f12b2. You must dash first then run as you cover more distance and save stamina.

This combo, I can confirm, works on every character.

For anyone who didn't know, f1,2,b2 ex tele(x3) on block is a true block string and guaranteed chip now that the gap is removed. Also ending a combo into b1,4 regular teleport is guaranteed pressure after a combo now that the gap is removed.

Lil Majin

Raiden Enthusiast
For anyone who didn't know, f1,2,b2 ex tele(x3) on block is a true block string and guaranteed chip now that the gap is removed. Also ending a combo into b1,4 regular teleport is guaranteed pressure after a combo now that the gap is removed.
Nice find. I practiced doing that block string and couldn't get more than two reps. It's hella airtight.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
How much chip?

Lil Majin

Raiden Enthusiast
Good for you, Raiden.

Maybe now I'll finally get to encounter more than just Thunder God players.
It isn't a braindead easy combo to land and it probably still won't be enough to make TG players switch to Displacer/MOS due to difficulty.

@Nivek
@SonicFox5000
@Digit
@YOMI REO

Do any of you guys find this combo "staple worthy?" I've been able to land it in casuals like 80% of the time and it's made a huge difference in the outcomes.

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
For me its not only the combos..its the pressure too which TG has better meterless..
But after your post i will check him out again ;)

Lil Majin

Raiden Enthusiast
For me its not only the combos..its the pressure too which TG has better meterless..
But after your post i will check him out again ;)
Definitely right about TG having better meterless pressure. It has better wall carry and hit confirms as well.

At least Displacer has higher punishment damage, better position control, better meter usage, and more legit frame traps. He is almost a different character with a lot of potential.

Nivek

Definitely right about TG having better meterless pressure. It has better wall carry and hit confirms as well.

At least Displacer has higher punishment damage, better position control, better meter usage, and more legit frame traps. He is almost a different character with a lot of potential.
Tried him today and i was extra salty about du(teleport) ex version on wake up..but other than that he felt good! About the good stuff you say about Dis..
1) higher damage from 6f punish..because from 213 they have almost the same +2~-2
2)he never gets cornered yeah
3) i find very amusing using my meter to go through projectiles and stop mb bolt in front of them in the corner!! ;)
4) TGs frame traps doesnt need meter which they go from +2 to +4 to +6~9...with meter displacer is a REAL GOD...BUT WITHOUT IT...is a mortal.. :)

Krabman

Noob
Tried him today and i was extra salty about du(teleport) ex version on wake up..but other than that he felt good! About the good stuff you say about Dis..
1) higher damage from 6f punish..because from 213 they have almost the same +2~-2
2)he never gets cornered yeah
3) i find very amusing using my meter to go through projectiles and stop mb bolt in front of them in the corner!! ;)
4) TGs frame traps doesnt need meter which they go from +2 to +4 to +6~9...with meter displacer is a REAL GOD...BUT WITHOUT IT...is a mortal.. :)
How do you think thunder god stands at the moment?

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
i cant seem to get this to work consistantly. i can get the 3rd rep to start but the b2 just whiffs most of the time, still doesnt feel like the old 3 reps at least to me

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I don't know if this is a ninja buff/fix, but the old f12b2 three times into bf3 for 32% is back!

I know that this belongs in the combo thread, but I feel that this is a great return to Displacer and MOS's players.

The execution is very tedious as this combo requires you to ff buffer after f12b2 then run a few frames after Raiden dashes to connect the 2nd and 3rd f12b2. If you run as soon as you recover, then you can't land the last f12b2. You must dash first then run as you cover more distance and save stamina.

This combo, I can confirm, works on every character.
Lil Majin posted on TYM? Hmmmm...

Nivek

@Nivek Thanks man. Any input that you have for me is MUCH APPRECIATED. What do I need to do (besides anti-airing)?
I know the inputs are big pain..Practice them..
first of all f2,2+4 teleport is +2, so b1 after that is a frame trap..also its the only + teleport on block!
About you now:
don't do the prepatch mistake that i also did and do.. dont cancel f12b2 into shock...you are on +2 keep the pressure...
Don't corner yourself with teleport..never!
When you are at the corner..just teleport away..
Anti-air (as you said) f1, f12b2 , f12b2 sups 26%..
Try b34 tele away than shocker on block...
If i remember more i will tell you in pm or something

Lil Majin

Raiden Enthusiast
I know the inputs are big pain..Practice them..
first of all f2,2+4 teleport is +2, so b1 after that is a frame trap..also its the only + teleport on block!
About you now:
don't do the prepatch mistake that i also did and do.. dont cancel f12b2 into shock...you are on +2 keep the pressure...
Don't corner yourself with teleport..never!
When you are at the corner..just teleport away..
Anti-air (as you said) f1, f12b2 , f12b2 sups 26%..
Try b34 tele away than shocker on block...
If i remember more i will tell you in pm or something
Thanks for the input @Nivek ! I knew about all of this stuff but simply forgot about it or couldn't execute during the tournament set. I'll keep in mind to limit teleporting into the corner if I lack the stamina.

I use f12b2 and b34 into df2 for meter building and potentially catching the opponent not blocking. Backdashing afterwards gets away from quite a few attacks. Teleporting after f12b2 IS what's best for business though.

Thanks again!
------------------

I've been able to land this combo even more consistently after Final Round. What about everyone else?