What's new

Thoughts on the non-MK9 Evo events?

Since SRK can talk about MK9, I see no reason why we can't discus some of the Capcom games finer showing.

So TYM, any memorable moments from the Street Fighter, Marvel, BlazBlue, or Tekken streams?

My personal top 3 have to be:

Justin Wongs EPIC comeback with Akuma in the Marvel tourney. If you don't know what I am talking about, FIND OUT! My god that was the Wong factor at it's finest. Also shout-outs to the Haggar comeback on 3 characters with one of them being Dark Phoenix. (If you know Marvel at all you should know how hard that is)

Another is Aris on the Tekken stream asking the Japanese girl who spoke 0 English to marry him XD. Love him or hate him, he is funny as shit sometimes!

Finally the one I had from Street Fighter would be that one guy doing a hand spin after his win. That was totally priceless XD I'm shocked his hand wasn't broken from that!

My biggest heartbreak has to be losing Clockw0rk in Marvel's top 8 :(

That man is the only Phoenix player I can respect. There are good Doctor Dooms, then there are great Doctor Dooms.

Then.... there is Clockw0rk!

MVC3 Deadpool nearly mounting a comeback and then blowing himself up with his own teleporter. Funniest moment of the game. MVC3 a tron killing a pheonix with level 3 grab. And poongku perfecting Daigo.

Best match moments out there.

And you better hope that girl isn't the "girl" think you might be talking about. One of those girls isn't a girl.

MVC3 Deadpool nearly mounting a comeback and then blowing himself up with his own teleporter. Funniest moment of the game. MVC3 a tron killing a pheonix with level 3 grab. And poongku perfecting Daigo.

Best match moments out there.

And you better hope that girl isn't the "girl" think you might be talking about. One of those girls isn't a girl.
Yea.. I'd laugh so hard if that's the one Aris was hitting on xD

Personally seeing Noah stomp some bitches was glorious, that 8 year old kid makes me feel terrible at everything I do.

Yea.. I'd laugh so hard if that's the one Aris was hitting on xD

Personally seeing Noah stomp some bitches was glorious, that 8 year old kid makes me feel terrible at everything I do.

I'm pretty sure that was the one. Kayo Police is a pre-op transexual, it's not that much of a hidden fact either. Given that she flat out said that she, is still a he.

I'm pretty sure that was the one. Kayo Police is a pre-op transexual, it's not that much of a hidden fact either. Given that she flat out said that she, is still a he.
Yep, he was cosplaying C Viper if I remember correctly.

But anywho, seriously though, that 8 year old was a monster, did anyone else see his 10 second perfect?

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I only saw some BlazBlue and far too much of tekken.

I would have watched more but it was 3am by the time MK finished.

BlazBlue looked intense but the artstyle seemed silly to me so i did not like it.

Tekken was the bobvsbob. So boring, even though I have tremendous respect for the game.

Blaz Blue was surprisingly pretty interesting to watch. Almost made me want to pick it up. :)

MVC3 was kind of boring and aggravating to watch with all the Phoenix play. Loved when Balrog beat Phoenix with Tron though.

SF Was just amazing.

Blaz Blue was surprisingly pretty interesting to watch. Almost made me want to pick it up. :)

MVC3 was kind of boring and aggravating to watch with all the Phoenix play. Loved when Balrog beat Phoenix with Tron though.

SF Was just amazing.
This.

Watching Blazblue made me want to pick it up again (or play some GG)

Kayo Police doesn't just play Tekken. IIRC he/she plays all the Japanese standard games, so Tekken, BB, SSF4AE. It's pretty well known in those circles what the deal is.

Blaze Blue is worth picking up. If you ever played Guilty Gear or any of the other games from it's creators it's pretty fun, and the community is far more laid back than the Capcom kids, even though there is a massive amount of crossover.

Yea Blazblue was actually shown to me by my GG addicted friend. It takes some getting used to and takes some severe execution for high end play, but it is an absolute blast if you're looking for a friendly game to mess around with. Characters are loveable too.

Kayo Police doesn't just play Tekken. IIRC he/she plays all the Japanese standard games, so Tekken, BB, SSF4AE. It's pretty well known in those circles what the deal is.

Blaze Blue is worth picking up. If you ever played Guilty Gear or any of the other games from it's creators it's pretty fun, and the community is far more laid back than the Capcom kids, even though there is a massive amount of crossover.
Wow I gotta get to know this stuff lol

I'm still new to the scene so it'll be a while before I learn everyone

Yea Blazblue was actually shown to me by my GG addicted friend. It takes some getting used to and takes some severe execution for high end play, but it is an absolute blast if you're looking for a friendly game to mess around with. Characters are loveable too.
Same for all those games.... I still play HNK though, I love that game, but it is insane. I goof around in BB, it's fun.

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
The MvsC3 matches were all around lame especially the 8 year old button mashing to victory. SMH

The self-pwn in that Mike Ross fight was lol worthy.

The AE matches were HECTIC especially the flawless rounds by Poongku. Crazy Seth. Didnt expect the legend Diago to finally be dethroned.

Wow I gotta get to know this stuff lol

I'm still new to the scene so it'll be a while before I learn everyone
It's better off being ignorant about useless info like that. Seriously, I dont understand how more people dont find it gross or disgusting. /barf

Jandek

Noob
Tokido beating Momochi's yun was very hype! (that was top 32) he had been blown up by yun's (particularly Momochi's) as of late.

Latif's phenomenal gauntlet run through Tokido, Poonkgo, and Daigo (he may have knocked out Infiltration earlier in the tournament as well though I can't be certain)

Spark's amazing Blazblue play

I'm a tekken player first ALWAYS, but I will admit there have been WAY more tekken top eight's in the past. Too much Bob! That was a top tier top 8 for sure. Bob and Law....the only shot at it being excited was Ryan Hart advancing (his ch 2x EWGF was SICK THOUGH!)

Disappointed I missed the TTT2 5v5 though!

Neclord

Noob
EVO 2011 was just great! I watched nearly every minute. :D
So many good, hype and funny moments:

- Blazblue, I never played this game, but it was kinda cool to watch. Also the player who won used a low tier character from what I've heard. Nice!
- Tekken 6 was the weakest game of EVO imo, way too many Bob players.
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on the other hand, was very cool. Seriously the Tag system is really interesting and I can't wait to play this game!
- Soul Calibur 5 hasn't really impressed me so far, love that Ivy is back, but it just looks like Soul Calibur 4 with supers.
- Kayo Police and Aris commentary = hilarious.
- Crowd was hype for Mortal Kombat.
- Fatality hype and amazing matches, REO's Mileena with the X-Ray on the last round :boxing:.
- Noah, 8 year old boy beasting in Marvel. :D
- Marvel vs Capcom 3, amazing comeback with Tron by PR Rog.
- Super Street Fighter 4 Poongko prepare for battle with redbull and he beat Daigo 2:0. Perfect in the last round, amazing Seth!
- And Latif eliminated Daigo, Tokido and Poongko!

Btw some other stuff:

Blazblue had about 33.000 viewers.
Tekken 6 = 40.000.
Mortal Kombat 9 = 55.000.
Marvel vs Capcom 3 = 71.000.
Super Street Fighter 4 AE = 82.000.

Hakumen (low tier character) won Blazblue.
Bob (top tier) won Tekken 6.
Kung Lao (top tier) won Mortal Kombat 9.
Phoenix (top tier) won Marvel vs Capcom 3.
Fei Long (top tier) won Super Street Fighter 4 AE.

So, Blazblue is the most balanced fighting game! :D

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Poongko beating Daigo was way more hype IMO than Latif's. Latif vs Daigo was exciting as hell, but Poongko made Daigo look like a scrub.

I wouldn't use the streams to gauge interest. As someone who's watched a ton of gaming streams for all sorts of events here is how it goes...

The people start off watching the stream and then just sit around, more and more people join in throughout the day. By nature, the longer the stream lasts the more people are going to be there. Given that.... I'm not shocked at all the the steam steadily climbed through the day as more and more people joined and let it run. So don't think too much of stream numbers, most people just stick out the stream games be damned. This is even the case where streams for PC events that include multiple genres happen, people that hate RTS games will leave it on through RTS waiting for an FPS, it works the other way around. So trying to pick or claim which game drew what, streams don't mean anything there. So don't take stream numbers to mean much of anything for a specific game, it's more reflective of the event as a whole.

I don't think Blazblue is balanced at all. It's been my experience that while tiers in say SF are a rough gauge of how good a character is, they aren't set in stone. In Blazblue some matches are extremely lopsided to the point of absurdity. That dude could block like a damn monster though, that was all there was too it. He was good enough that it didn't matter.

blinky

Noob
(all based on Top 8)

SSF4 had me on the edge of my seat. Not bad for the "worst fighting game ever"

MvC3 had a few cool moments but AE blew it away when it came to overall drama and excitement. Yes, a Marvel game getting beat by SFIV in hype.

T6, a game where the tiers are that close, disappointed me when half the top 8 picked Bob. Funny because haters expected AE to be all twins, and MK9 to be all hats.

BBCS2 was cool.

Side Note: Anyone talking shit about an 8-year-old placing top 48 at EVO is a moron.

Other Side Note: I really really wanted to be there.

EVO 2011 was just great! I watched nearly every minute. :D
So many good, hype and funny moments:

- Blazblue, I never played this game, but it was kinda cool to watch. Also the player who won used a low tier character from what I've heard. Nice!
- Tekken 6 was the weakest game of EVO imo, way too many Bob players.
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on the other hand, was very cool. Seriously the Tag system is really interesting and I can't wait to play this game!
- Soul Calibur 5 hasn't really impressed me so far, love that Ivy is back, but it just looks like Soul Calibur 4 with supers.
- Kayo Police and Aris commentary = hilarious.
- Crowd was hype for Mortal Kombat.
- Fatality hype and amazing matches, REO's Mileena with the X-Ray on the last round :boxing:.
- Noah, 8 year old boy beasting in Marvel. :D
- Marvel vs Capcom 3, amazing comeback with Tron by PR Rog.
- Super Street Fighter 4 Poongko prepare for battle with redbull and he beat Daigo 2:0. Perfect in the last round, amazing Seth!
- And Latif eliminated Daigo, Tokido and Poongko!

Btw some other stuff:

Blazblue had about 33.000 viewers.
Tekken 6 = 40.000.
Mortal Kombat 9 = 55.000.
Marvel vs Capcom 3 = 71.000.
Super Street Fighter 4 AE = 82.000.

Hakumen (low tier character) won Blazblue.
Bob (top tier) won Tekken 6.
Kung Lao (top tier) won Mortal Kombat 9.
Phoenix (top tier) won Marvel vs Capcom 3.
Fei Long (top tier) won Super Street Fighter 4 AE.

So, Blazblue is the most balanced fighting game! :D
You're missing trollkido's kick, valle v. daigo, deadpool's suicide,and comebackfiend off the top of my head.