What's new

Question Thoughts on the changed hit box JipD3(bodysplash)

IDYLEHANDZ

Slave to burgers
I would love to get some insight into how others are handling this change. What are your thoughts on it?

I had no idea it was being changed, and went off to fight the comp on very hard- Normally you can jump in and get some luck there. Now the comp was full punish all day on the body splash.

Figuring that it's just a ai thing, I waited. Well I'm home from the weekly casuals that I've been able to attend. Now normally I do pretty well with doomsday. This time? No. No luck at all. I honestly did better with a bane I've put hours less time into (that's a separate thought)

Is anyone else really struggling? It seems to me that you're stuck using meter, or trait to get in.

Now that its the only air attack every character can AA with any attack in the game including lows:
I recommend never using it ever. It is now thee worst attack in the game period. It's unsafe on block to.
Cyborg has a full screen block infinite in a game with a push block, but doomsday needed his unsafe attack, has a massive whiff, and heightens his hot box allowing players more time to dash it and punish the huge whiff; absolutely needed to be removed even tho Banes stays.
I put in the time to be able to beat this attack, so I got slapped across the dick to :(
You should hear those pussy queef on the On Blast Show.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I literally just started messing with doomsday and his dick splash. I hope I can still use it......

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
I just wanna play injustice man :)

Serious Note/ Condescending Tone aside:
Really... if a good number of players are having problems and want to vent and/or talk shit on a character, that ought to be fine by everybody...
getting salty and expressing rage/immaturity is apart of fighting games and apart of the experience for some people... so be it.
Just be less provoking about it.

Create another thread that's critical of Doomsday... If you guys want it that bad.
Just make sure the title isn't something provoking like "Broken Among Us"... Otherwise, "undesirable conflicts arise".

Doomsday Too Strong?
or something better you come up with won't cause so much of a fuss.

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
HAHA I'm sorry mate!
Didn't want to derail the thread like that!

Back on Track!!!
Body Splash Nerf?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Seems to be just as strong... if you're having trouble in that you're being 'Punished" after you do the splash, make sure that you're pressing your subsequent attacks at the right timing so that it's cancelling properly...

I had this problem myself earlier...
hope that helps

Bouncepogo

UWOTM8
People use the bodysplash as a jump in? Should be a 50/50 cross up oki after a knockdown, if you are using it as a raw jump in you deserve to be anti aired. Go watch some zangief or t hawk and you will see what the point of a body splash is.

Okay so I just realised something. I have no idea whether its old news and whether it worked before the patch or not, so maybe someone who knows can tell me.

Wonderwoman lasso stance d3 will make the splash whiff completely and sweep Doomsday. Unless the splash is done meaty, its a guaranteed anti-air no matter what angle the jump d3 is coming in from.

So did this also happen before the patch? If not, its pretty huge imo. Changes the match up completely.

IDYLEHANDZ

Slave to burgers
HAHA I'm sorry mate!
Didn't want to derail the thread like that!

Back on Track!!!
Body Splash Nerf?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Seems to be just as strong... if you're having trouble in that you're being 'Punished" after you do the splash, make sure that you're pressing your subsequent attacks at the right timing so that it's cancelling properly...

I had this problem myself earlier...
hope that helps
yeah, im sure. really it is a small enough hitbox that the head or feet of DD will pass through the enemy without a hit. Again it was a overnight change in DD. Guess ill keep at it. mostly in hopes of getting a green suit DD skin.

so yeah. and if you have troll answers... keep it to your self. idgaf.

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
Go watch some zangief or t hawk and you will see what the point of a body splash is.
So True
But remember, sf4 is a game where characters generally have lack luster jump in normals while having good anti-airs.

With the exception of a good number of characters, injustice cast seem to have lack luster anti-airs making a consistent ground anti-air game hard.
Which is another factor, along side the HITBOX, that makes body splash with DD so strong!

Eshi

Noob
The hitbox on it is kind of strange now, I played long sets against a doomsday last night and weird stuff happened. Like he tried cross-up body splash, I accidentally pressed D1 but it still worked and hit him out. :confused:

it's definitely nerfed but not nearly as hard as I expected it to be, which makes me glad. It's way too early to kneejerk so hard on characters.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
People use the bodysplash as a jump in? Should be a 50/50 cross up oki after a knockdown, if you are using it as a raw jump in you deserve to be anti aired. Go watch some zangief or t hawk and you will see what the point of a body splash is.
This man gets it.

MastererBetty

Your Tears My Strength
I use j.2 for my air to airs that thing has got crazy reach and I also believe that it shortens his hurtbox while doing the move

IDYLEHANDZ

Slave to burgers
ok, so "god forbid" your trait with DD is trashed by supes, bane at lv 3 venom and any/every toon with a faster D1 than DD. Doomsday builds meter freakishly slow, and has to be hella unsafe to spam any move to build said meter. His specials are unsafe, unless meter is spent-
So, yeah god forbid you HAVE to use meter to get in... good luck with that clutch clash.