What's new

Question - Goro Thoughts on Goros potential Changes

Are these reasonable?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I say Goro is the worst in the game because of match-up numbers. I have imagined Goro to be a chip damage machine and he is decent at doing that.

UNIVERSAL
Pokes - GODLIKE - (D3 could do more reach but whatever)
Punchwalk - is an amazing move. (I wish you could hit confirm the EX and have an option to make the last hit a low or OH)
Telestomp - Needs work. (EX Telestomp should launch and track, the only way out is to run. Non EX leave alone.)
SG - Does not need to throw the opponent away, leaves them right in front of you.
Projectile - Should be a mid since it is SUPER slow.
F3 - Make it 10-11 frames (As it would be the only good advancing Mid he would have.
F21- Faster start up, that string is useless unless you land a JIP.
Remove U1 or U2 - It is the same move and doesn't need to be there 2 times.
D2 - Fix the hit box and make it 9 or 10 frames.
More strings special cancel-able - I would love to see strings like 214 into punchwalk and B121 into Punchwalk.
Make Goro have more Tick Throw setups instead of just B3. (Which is his only low so if you commit to a SG you get punished because it whiffed.)
B3 - please have a sting involving this move, as its -21 or something on block. (Yes you can cancel it to Punchwalk I know)
HitBox on B12U1 - The whiffing on JIP into this sting is annoying.

KW Variation
Ground Pound - Should be able to link after strings. (Over 50 frames of start up so it is easy to escape.) EX Ground Pound has faster startup, -10 frames
Chest Lunge - Fine (Maybe give EX a chance to combo when opponent is thrown into the corner.

So these are the changes I would love to see happen to Goro. What are your thoughts.
I m not interested about TF or DF, so i ll just get straight into KW and Goro general changes you are suggesting.

Universal

Pokes - no, his d3 is just fine. It can be used for corner mixups, for mid screen you have d1 and d4.

Punchwalk - i m just gonna pretend i didnt read what i saw.

Telestomp - is fine.

SG - Irrelevant after the hit adv buff SG received. You can do two free dashes and you are at your opponents face once again after a successful SG.

Projectile - agreed.

F3 - HELL NO. Maybe make it around 13 frames but thats it. This move is godlike.

Remove U1 or U2 - agreed.

D2 - agreed.

More strings special cancel-able - No reason to do that. My only issue is with the hit box of his b12u2 string and perhaps 112 being -31f on block which i find utterly stupid and ridiculous.

Make Goro have more tick throw setups insted of just b3. - Partially agree. His SG is the fastest command grab in the game. If they give him more tick throw setups they would have to increase the start up frames of the command grab, cause if they didnt, Goro would have a really stupid mix up after a jp.

B3 - agreed.

B12u2 - agreed.

KW Variation

Ground Pound - I really hope you are joking.

Chest Lunge - No, the only thing i would change with that move is make it mid.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Alright, so from the feedback Goro is fine, and only needs the bugs fixed. I am really surprised how so many people can see potential in this character with the current status of him.

NOBODY was more excited for this character than I was when they first announced him.

Can't wait to see Goros flood the Top 8 at EVO.

So this will be the Last thing I ever post in the Goro Thread.

Good Luck to all of the Goro players.

Vagrant

Noob
Beyond unreasonable? Please elaborate.

So to all of the Goro players that think Goro is perfectly fine and is SUPER Viable in his current build, Please go to EVO and prove me wrong.
So just to clarify you want a safe armored launching 50/50 that goes half screen and absorbs pretty much any attack.
You want a fast starting unblockable stomp that tracks and launches.
And you want his big range cancellable advancing mid to startup as fast as scorpions takedown.

And you need me to elaborate on why just these 3 changes alone are unreasonable?

Alright, so from the feedback Goro is fine, and only needs the bugs fixed. I am really surprised how so many people can see potential in this character with the current status of him.

NOBODY was more excited for this character than I was when they first announced him.

People aren't saying he needs nothing. We're saying to keep the ideas realistic.

Vagrant

Noob
Character representation at a tournament does not determine the viability of a character. Please stop using the lack of Goro in top 8 as an argument for the character being bad.

I am not saying that further tweaks to the character are beyond reason. But your suggestions for tweaks are just ridiculous and your "no top 8 goro. he sux guys" argument just doesn't really work. Especially when the game isn't even 6 months old.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
So just to clarify you want a safe armored launching 50/50 that goes half screen and absorbs pretty much any attack.
You want a fast starting unblockable stomp that tracks and launches.
And you want his big range cancellable advancing mid to startup as fast as scorpions takedown.

And you need me to elaborate on why just these 3 changes alone are unreasonable?
Like I stated before, you can only do the Low of OH on block and not combo after.

Tracking meaning just like Quans Telestomp. The move is avoidable and punishable.

Goros F3, Tanya has a 13 Frame advancing mid that goes across the screen along with her godlike mobility.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!

That isnt a mature answer, sorry Ryan. But your buff suggestions are, to say the least, absurd.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!

That isnt a mature answer, sorry Ryan. But your buff suggestions are, to say the least, absurd.

Like I stated before, you can only do the Low of OH on block and not combo after.

Tracking meaning just like Quans Telestomp. The move is avoidable and punishable.

Goros F3, Tanya has a 13 Frame advancing mid that goes across the screen along with her godlike mobility.
Where exactly did you say that? Also I don't think it's the tracking people are surprised about, it's the launching portion.

Status
Not open for further replies.