What's new

Thoughts of Injustice

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
This is just a small story from encounter I had at work last night.

A coworker who knows that I'm into Mortal Kombat and Injustice tells me that they picked up Injustice 2 yesterday. I forget his exact comments, but he said he was REALLY enjoying it. I said I picked up the Ultimate Edition even though I am terrible at fighting games and mainly enjoy spectating anymore (watching the pros).

From there, I broke into Combo Breaker this weekend, meaning I was telling him about the even and the stream. I asked him if he'll be off around that time, etc. He said he would be, so I recommended that he tune into www.twitch.tv/netherrealm in the evening for the finals. I told him it will be our communities version of watching a highly anticipated sporting event... in our case, eSports Event.

From here I went straight to SonicFox, because he said he did hear about an event on twitter, but when he showed me it was the Rick Fox vs Steve A charity stream. I told him that had already played out yesterday and that was for charity... it wasn't really a high-level match (was it? I didn't watch it yet). So I said this Saturday and then Sunday you're going to want to tune in.

I started talking about a few players with @SonicFox5000 basically undefeated... wholly. Because no one seems to be able to beat him consistently. I mentioned @EMPEROR_THEO as well because it's exciting having him back in the community and watching his gameplay is really something. He could clearly see that I was very excited about Combo Breaker even though I won't be able to watch the finals... I have to work. :( (thank you @Juggs for covering ;) )

I even told him to check out TYM and reminded him about the stream.

This was a conversation at work... which for me it's odd and rare to be able to talk (TYM related) about this stuff.

End of story - I just thought I'd share.