What's new

General/Other - Hellfire Thoughs on Hellfire Scorpion

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
There's no reason this can't be done on pad. Practice up.

Input 214, buffer the fireball motion somewhat early and hold down 1 (don't press anything else) once you see the fireball animation start tap forward x2, block, 214. Do it slow at first then gradually build the speed.

When you get good at it learn to buffer the fireball motion but don't hit 1 too early during the 214 string so that you can confirm into teleport if the string hits.

Last edited:

Input 214, buffer the fireball motion somewhat early and hold down 1 (don't press anything else) once you see the fireball animation start tap forward x2, block, 214. Do it slow at first then gradually build the speed.

When you get good at it learn to buffer the fireball motion but don't hit 1 too early during the 214 string so that you can confirm into teleport if the string hits.
I'll try it again, I was actually trying to mimic this thing where I see 2, 1 FBC right back into 2,1 and because of the staggered state the first 2,1 left the opponent in, it registered a combo.

Viper

Noob

Trying to learn the fireball cancel. I'm new to this variation but I have good execution. What are we trying to achieve here by doinf the above? What is this cancel used for and what are the benefits? I tried looking for a guide on here for hellfire or fire cancel but I didn't see anything specific.

Does anyone who plays this variation want to give me tips on avoiding Demon Fire at full screen with a slow character (Goro)? It seems to track stupidly well...do you have to just jump it every single time?

xx007iam

Noob
Hey guys. First post. I have a question regarding combos spacificly to hellfire. Is it possible to "plink" or "power link" in mkx?

I'm trying to get the 21xxdb4 > 214xxdb3 and I have to use 1 to actually link it. Can I plink 2 with 1?

Does any one have any good vortex tech for hellfire? I know how to do it with inferno but hvaing trouble with the aura in place of minion grab.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I believe eddy posted some video's. IMO the best thing to do is just end with flame aura 11 teleport and go into fbc pressure for chip and meter on top of the flame aura damage over time. If you need big damage you can go for a f4 or b2 after 214 fbc but it can be tricky to land it.

xx007iam

Noob
I believe eddy posted some video's. IMO the best thing to do is just end with flame aura 11 teleport and go into fbc pressure for chip and meter on top of the flame aura damage over time. If you need big damage you can go for a f4 or b2 after 214 fbc but it can be tricky to land it.
Thanks for the advice. I'll see if I can find the vids in op as well. I'm coming from sf4 and trying to wrap my head around all the mechanics.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hey guys. First post. I have a question regarding combos spacificly to hellfire. Is it possible to "plink" or "power link" in mkx?

I'm trying to get the 21xxdb4 > 214xxdb3 and I have to use 1 to actually link it. Can I plink 2 with 1?
I don't think it is, this was early information the most updated one will come together with a guide, but know this

Flame aura is around +15 on hit, any attack with less startup frames can be linked, standing 1 is the most easier, standing 2 links, b3 links, F3 is the thighter link.

I haven't trying to blink to see if its possible, but honestly i don't think it is.

xx007iam

Noob
I don't think it is, this was early information the most updated one will come together with a guide, but know this

Flame aura is around +15 on hit, any attack with less startup frames can be linked, standing 1 is the most easier, standing 2 links, b3 links, F3 is the thighter link.

I haven't trying to blink to see if its possible, but honestly i don't think it is.
I have a feeling you can't slide frame data ether. Thanks for the tips tho, I'll have to use flame aura as a reset tell I tighten up my links.

Burnout

Keep et Classy
short combo video of the most used BnBs in Hellfire variation.

Combo1: jiP - 21 - FBC - 214 - TP - 21 - Spear - jiP - 21 - FA - 214 - TP

Combo2: jiP - 214 - TP - 21 - Spear - jiP - 21 - FBC - 21 - FA - 214 - TP

Corner: jiP - 214 - FA - 123 - TP - Run - 214 - Spear - jiP - 21 - TP

Neutral Jump: njP - Run - FA - 214 - TP - 21 - Spear - jiP - 21 - FBC - 21 - TP

Jump in Kick: jiK - TP - 21 - Spear - jiP - 21 - FBC - 21 - FA - 21 - TP

@BurnoutFighter

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Made a short video explaining Fireball Cancelling.

let me know if anything is off and any feedback would be appreciated.
good stuff, keep them coming.
You can use FBC to fill the cooldown gap as well to use 2 flame auras in the same combo, i haven't tried to actually do it yet, but theoretically seems possible.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
good stuff, keep them coming.
You can use FBC to fill the cooldown gap as well to use 2 flame auras in the same combo, i haven't tried to actually do it yet, but theoretically seems possible.
Actually, you can use two flame auras in one combo even without FBC. I'll post a video when I get off work.

I was screwing around in the lab before work this morning, tired as shit, so I can't remember what the combo was but I think it involved enhanced meter burn spear making it inefficient yet possible.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Actually, you can use two flame auras in one combo even without FBC. I'll post a video when I get off work.

I was screwing around in the lab before work this morning, tired as shit, so I can't remember what the combo was but I think it involved enhanced meter burn spear making it inefficient yet possible.
I know about the ex teleport one.

Mavier

Noob
I think its better to do flame aura as early as possible, so that you can get the most of the flame damage it generates (unless you are doing it for the mix up). I was doing around 38% meterless with jip > 21 > flame aura > 214 >teleport > 21 > spear > jip > 21 > FBC > 214 > teleport (or 21 teleport for the mixup ).

That corner combo though !!!