What's new

This Reptile fellow, he catches mixed opinions...

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
I asked Muffin Muggers earlier if he would trade Reptile's elbow dash for - a better slide (like Cyber Sub), a good dash like (Johnny Cage) and fast normals (6 frame jab) .... he said no. I think losing the dash and gaining those attributes would make him top 5 potentially, what do you think? I would personally take that trade. I'm starting to see the elbow dash as a weakness - he has a sweet spot because of it and it is very predictable.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
I asked Muffin Muggers earlier if he would trade Reptile's elbow dash for - a better slide (like Cyber Sub), a good dash like (Johnny Cage) and fast normals (6 frame jab) .... he said no. I think losing the dash and gaining those attributes would make him top 5 potentially, what do you think? I would personally take that trade. I'm starting to see the elbow dash as a weakness - he has a sweet spot because of it and it is very predictable.
He would be so broke if that happened, he would be scary he he has a dash like cage AND 6 frame pokes.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Idk that dash is like half of reptile's game. That takes away his full screen and njp combos a lot of his pressure and one of the best punishes in the game.

Sent from Gotham City via the Batcomputer

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Reptile players (Like myself) are saying he's mid tier because he has a number of problems that lead to not as many advantage matchups as you'd think. He's filled with even matchups and his bad matchups are top tiers.

He's not bad, but to put him at top 10? I have 10 others I feel are more deserving of that spot.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
So about this spacing...

could you shed some light on this? I hate fighting reptile b/c of his elbow dash. Where do you need to be to find this... "dead zone" or w/e? haha

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
His dead zone actually is inside his elbow range, but outside of the reach of any of his normals. From here, he has to be fairly unsafe to get in (Jumping, spending meter on stuff like EX elbow, slide, etc). His step speed and dash are way too slow (in the case of dash, too short) to aid him in any way when it comes to this situation.

This is one particular disadvantage of Reptile that no other character has. When you cut off elbow whiffing, you'll realize that he struggles a lot to advance. Thankfully, his EX moves aid him very well in getting in, but that forces him to be meter reliant to do much of anything, which is something you really don't want unless you are excellent at meter building.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
yea, the deadzone is ironically the elbow dash space. Sure he could hit you with the dash, but it's risky. And good players won't always take that risk.