What's new

This pretty much reveals the 4th slot in custom variations!

Trevor

Noob
Ok, so this all started when Kano was first revealed and Tyler from Kombast Kast did a combo he called the Dundee. This combo is imposible with the existing system even in custom variations, but this also reveals two possible modifications for the system now that Tyler mentioned the dundee will finally be possible when they revealed Mileena. This short video explains things in detail. Hopefully the Dundee is revealing a huge change for custom variations.

I think saying that all 2 slot moves are going to become 1 slot moves is a pretty big reach, but most likely that Snake Bite in particular is going to become a 1 slot move again since it probably was 1 slot during Kano's kombat kast.
Changing a move's point value is actually a pretty big deal so I'm eager to see what else might happen for other 2 slot moves that may not need to be
(Sparkport and Jo Push, I'm looking at you).

I don't see a 4th slot happening whatsoever.

Also, pretty sure Dundee refers to Crocodile Dundee rather than "done deal", since both are Australian characters who enjoy large knives.

Trevor

Noob
Also, pretty sure Dundee refers to Crocodile Dundee rather than "done deal", since both are Australian characters who enjoy large knives.
Yes, it refers to both actually, they mentioned it as the Dundee or the "done deal" in the Kano Kombat Kast. He said he called it that because if he lands the combo it's a "done deal" lol.

Last edited:

Trevor

Noob
I also thought it was just for the Australian character. I also just found out that Tyler is not even a dev, just a community manager, so he may not even know about snakebite being 2 slots and needing a patch to be used with the other two moves. Hopefully he didn't make a mistake about the dundee being possible now.

Its just customs in ranks and tournaments. Nothing has change in terms of slots. Some moves ban. The 3 variation system still exist as blueprints with a new UI allowing you to adjust existing moves. Thats about it.

Tyler most likely made a mistake.

I also thought it was just for the Australian character. I also just found out that Tyler is not even a dev, just a community manager, so he may not even know about snakebite being 2 slots and needing a patch to be used with the other two moves. Hopefully he didn't make a mistake about the dundee being possible now.
You don't need to be a dev to know how many slots a move costs.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Hmm. While I don't mind this right now, I think I would like to see some 2 slot moves turned into 1 slot moves in the future, and perhaps vice versa. I feel like some of the current 2 slot moves aren't really worth their cost, but that might just be me.
Some of them really aren't, like D'vorah's Super Swarm. It's a buff she can use that does 10 damage to the opponent every time they hit you, and it's not exactly fast recovering either. In short, it's straight awful and the only situation I can think of it being useful in is against Lao, since his throw would do some 130 damage back to him.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
oh God , its all we need right now , remove the conflict crap and make 4th slot but maybe its only 1 slot for all the legal moves ?