What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero This is why so many people main Sub-Zero.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Weirdly enough, Sub Zero is my fav MK character and I like Scorpion in this game more than him. Kold War Scorpion skin is just really good looking to me especially the alt color.
Pretty much the exact opposite here. Scorpion has always been my favorite mk character but I like playing Sub Zero more. lol

i liked sub zero even before i played mk, one kid had mk2 on sega genesis and told us poverty lords stories about a blue ninja who put people in his ice puddle.

Sonho

POTH makes me question my sexuallity
Lol that's not why. He's really good in this game b/c in grandmaster, he nullifies a lot of the bs guessing games that are in this game.

And plus, He's the coolest looking ninja, by definition. So, hold dat.
Doesnt SZ do the "Bs guessing game " in the corner himself? Locking you in with the clone and then its 50/50 heaven for him?

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Lol I agree. Scorpion has been my favorite since MK1/2 and now I get crap for liking him like I am some bandwaggoner or something lol I don't care, I have been a fan of his my whole life and im not going to stop just because he has become the face of the series/poster boy. I'm not on that hipster sh**.

Last edited:

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
Nah reptile is the hipster ninja. Sub has been my favorite character since mk1. Something about freezing people. And he's blue.

aj1701

Noob
If this was the case more people would have used him in MK9.

I used to like them both equally until I realized how much of a dumb fuck Scorpion was as I got older.
But he was ass in mk9. in mkx they can flow chart him and do ok against other scrubs.

aj1701

Noob
He nullifies anyone with out a teleport LOL.

Seriously half the time in that mu I'm just waiting for his ice clone to disappear and him to stop throwing ice balls. It's very annoying.

I think I'm gonna hate him more than green Lantern in injustice
Pick kitana, throw fans.

catdurid

Noob
I was thinking the opposite. Its the older players of the series who hate on Scorpion. Not the young players.

I started with MK1. Scorpion was never my #1, but he was one of my favorites. I think the character is absolute trash now.

Ed boon has been jerking scorpion off expecting everyone to guzzle that shit up. Its the older fans who get pissed off at all the nonsense, and blatant favoritism. He has become MK's little whore.

I was thinking he would be more of an interesting character after seeing hanzo back. Nope! still a complete douche bag.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
"Scorpion is too mainstream and is poster boy of MK, so I'm going to pick another poster boy of MK" :p
But really, clone is cool and NRS managed to capitalize on it properly - something they didn't quite do with some other "gimmicky" variations in the game.