What's new

SALTY This Is NOT Okay

Listen, this is not okay on any level... makes no sense either... they nerfed the guaranteed otgs and buffed this command grab interactible s**** i do not understand why.

i have tested it with mid tier johnny cage who needs this, if you have to wait 0.3 seconds and then grab, it however does not work with broken mileena whos teleport into sai you cannot punish

tested characters that it works with
  • nerf tanya pyromancer
  • top 5 jacqui shotgun
  • abysmal metallic tremor
  • mid tier johnny who needs ex shadow kick to be a mid
  • maybe top 10 shinnok imposter (who gets 20% due to the damage buff ;) )
  • buff ronin takeda
  • hollywood cassie is garbage now
  • cryomancer sub needs buffs
  • the most desired dlc leatherface butcher
  • tarkatan alien is okay now, he got nerfed
  • trash raiden
  • bottom 5 warlock quan chi
i am testing more and more characters, what i mean by guaranteed is that they cannot armor or backdash after restand or in nerf tanyas case for example if the move (dust) is waay too plus on hit

15% guaranteed without a bar btw ;) just stamina

discuss ladies, gents and alien players

Last edited:

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Requires you to be in a pretty specific part of the scren, but yeah, shades of Injustice.

(For those who can't watch the vid for whatever reason, he's showing that some characters can get a free 15% damage off of the throw-interactables after a restand, 20% in Impostor's case).

Requires you to be in a pretty specific part of the scren, but yeah, shades of Injustice.

(For those who can't watch the vid for whatever reason, he's showing that some characters can get a free 15% damage off of the throw-interactables after a restand, 20% in Impostor's case).
does not matter, it is still there and does not go away for kuatan jungles or emperors kourtyards case, however it goes away in jinsei chamber because you smash the bowl or whatever with their heads and interactice is destroyed

InFlames

dead
its not guaranteed for most of the characters you listed, they can backdash. Only the characters that can grab them out of hitstun like Impostor, Warlock, and Alien get guaranteed damage.

Still dumb though

its not guaranteed for most of the characters you listed, they can backdash. Only the characters that can grab them out of hitstun like Impostor, Warlock, and Alien get guaranteed damage.

Still dumb though
you cannot backdash tanyas dust, nor jacquis shotgun, nor cryos restand with ex iceball, which ones can backdash?

tremor, raiden, johnny, takeda, cassie
which one can u backdash with tremor cause he has few projectile one, uprock and straight rock or whatever combo ender restand thing. i am trying with cassie currently and not able to backdash ex nutcracker, its same as pyros dust with hit advantage

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
you cannot backdash tanyas dust, nor jacquis shotgun, nor cryos restand with ex iceball, which ones can backdash?
You're always immune to throws while in hitstun with exceptions made for certain restands like impostor's mimicry, warlock's ex stab and a few others, because they're made special I guess. Off of conventional restands that leave you with advantage, they'll be grab immune until the hitstun is gone, at which point they can escape it so it's not guaranteed. That's why johnny has to wait a second before he can grab you after a nut punch.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
So what exactly is not ok with this? requires pretty specific screen presence, and uses stamina. Plus they throw them away from the interactable and the aggressor only has one bar of stamina to try and come in to them. Seems like a good trade off to me
It's not okay that it's guaranteed. Even Shinnok's special is not okay, you'd be guessing between the 50/50s and the throw(which you can't even duck...), then if you guess the throw you gotta guess in which direction they're throwing you(which I'm sure you already know). Now, we add this interactible being unblockabe, non techable, non armourablel for 20%?!!

There's a reason why interactible were changed from unblockable to blockable going into this game.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
read carefully please, i said it does not make sense because: they nerfed the guaranteed otgs
I saw that, but I ignored it because it's ignoring that the change was specifically to make the grabs from interactibles actually act like grabs, which means in those long hitstuns where people get the throw, you can also get the grab from an interactible because it's now essentially a small command throw. If they still had the thing where you could interrupt attacks with the throws, then yes that would be bad, but here it's just coinciding with the rules of the game.

The otgs were far more versatile and deadly since they could be applied almost anywhere once you got a hit and pushed certain characters bnb outputs to almost half life for two bars. These are far more specific since they are only available on a few stages and screen specific to boot. As a balance issue, I don't think it warrants a dramatic reaction such as this.