What's new

This Arcade Stick Worth Buying?

FGC-Oni

Ascended One
It's the MK9 TE Stick I like the style would this or the Injustice stick be practical or should I just wait to see whats made for PS4 since I'm compelled to get one in the next few months anyway?

E

Eldriken

I think that's the same kind of stick Noobe uses.

As for whether or not you should get it? Beats me. I have a stick, I just don't use it. I feel more comfortable with a regular controller. >.>

It's the MK9 TE Stick I like the style would this or the Injustice stick be practical or should I just wait to see whats made for PS4 since I'm compelled to get one in the next few months anyway?

i can just tell you that old sticks wont work on ps4 and there are no dedicated ps4 sticks yet

FGC-Oni

Ascended One
I think that's the same kind of stick Noobe uses.

As for whether or not you should get it? Beats me. I have a stick, I just don't use it. I feel more comfortable with a regular controller. >.>
Ehh, a lot of stick players advocate switching and I can see why. Just something I wanted to try out, but I'd be bummed if I ended up getting a PS3 stick only to have it not work on a PS4.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I wouldn't be able to play Skarlet with this stick, the block button layout is limiting the Skarlet potential.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Ehh, a lot of stick players advocate switching and I can see why. Just something I wanted to try out, but I'd be bummed if I ended up getting a PS3 stick only to have it not work on a PS4.
For some games, I would say a stick is probably better for it. While there are others that I don't really see it making a difference. If it's a hitbox, that's different. But a regular stick for MK or Injustice just didn't work out well for me.

But to each their own, y'know?

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
If you're going to get a stick you should probably get the new madcatz TE2. Though that isn't what I'd recommend if you want to use it on different systems. It really depends on what you want out of your stick. I'm currently looking into one with a korean bat top because I think I'll like the tension better. Sticks are all personal preference.

I know for NRS games, most people prefer not to use sticks because the motions and blocking are so easy to do on a pad.

FGC-Oni

Ascended One
For some games, I would say a stick is probably better for it. While there are others that I don't really see it making a difference. If it's a hitbox, that's different. But a regular stick for MK or Injustice just didn't work out well for me.

But to each their own, y'know?
Yea but I will admit canceling into Lobo's Czarnian Toss immediately after a B1 is practically impossible for me to do on pad or with the analog stick.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
You'd rather a MadCatz TE stick?
I'm currently using a Hori RAP N3SA. however the motion stick maneuver is a bit wider than i expected, tho i can feel the 8 directions, i think they should make the motion stick a bit thigher, it would improve movement input much faster. But the button layout works better for me, i can use 3 finger tips at once in each different button, so my blockstring potencial is drastically improved, all F212,1+2~exdc~f212,1+2... loop are all on the frame making it a true unduckable blockstring since it is a 2 frame blockstring loop that has to be done extremely fast, on the HORI RAP N3SA i can do it with less enfort.

I Dunno about Madcatz, but some people do feel better with different sticks.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
My only problem with that stick is how big and clunky it is. But if you play only NRS games, then it works pretty well. But if you are or thinking of venturing into other fighting games with different button layouts. I would definitely not get this stick.

FGC-Oni

Ascended One
My only problem with that stick is how big and clunky it is. But if you play only NRS games, then it works pretty well. But if you are or thinking of venturing into other fighting games with different button layouts. I would definitely not get this stick.
Well hopefully some good sticks for PS4 come out then but I do like the way this particular stick is designed and I don't have the money for a custom one.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
I mostly play on a hitbox nowadays.
Its defnitely the best option for NRS games in my opinion, its also pretty good for SFIV

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
The MK stick is nice. if u want something big and more traditional, the injustice battle edition stick is on sale on gamestop.com. the stock parts are decent. But for less than $50 you can't beat it. especially since its easy to mod...

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Thats where it has buttons instead of a stick right? Kinda like a keyboard.
Yeah its basically a keyboard. I like it for NRS games because its just makes everything feel right. I play Raven and Batgirl. Alot of Batgirl's inputs just feel goofy on a stick in my opinion.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Get an Eightarc or a.Madcatz TE stick. Buy once, cry once.

The Injustice stick is OK but it feels cheap compared to the Eightarc and the Madcatz.

The Eightarc can be played on both PS3 and 360.

Hruza Da Bruza

Must Mash Harder!!!!!
I'm completely with Trevor. I have played on every type of peripheral out there. First I played the MK9 stick you're showing, then Pad, then a Madcatz TE, now I play on Hitbox and Will never switch again. If you're willing to take the little bit of time to learn Hitbox, you Will love it.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I used to use the PDP stick, but only for MK games...even then I eventually switched to a madcatz vs pro stick because of its convenience. It is now tri-modded (360/PS3/Xbone) and the only real upkeep I have to do is buy new buttons every year.

The two major issues I've always seen with the stick are:
-The button layout is specifically tailored to Mortal Kombat....and it doesn't really seem optimal for any other game since Mortal Kombat is the only one I know of with a block button. I had an MK themed panel for my madcatz back when I played MK casually and I liked it, but I can't really imagine playing a back to block game with this layout.

-I've never used it, but I've heard some say they're not a big fan of the responsiveness in the buttons or stick. Most people who are connoisseurs of arcade sticks will tell you that all major parts manufacturers each have their own unique feel and sound when you tap a button or manipulate the joystick. I'm used to sanwa as they're usually considered the popular standard and they're what comes standard in all madcatz TE sticks. Again, I haven't used the stick personally, but its an aspect worth noting because if you get used to a specific manufacturer it will likely color your expectations going forward.

FGC-Oni

Ascended One
Thinking about getting the Injustice stick but does anyone know if major tourneys will be switching to next gen consoles within the year? Because obviously I wouldn't want to shell out the cash for a stick then not have it be compatible with a PS4.