What's new

Question Thinking about picking up Shazam

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
When I first heard this game was announced, I thought for sure Shazam was going to be my main. I play villains almost exclusively in this game but am contemplating actually learning Shazam as a back-up to my Lobo, since I can't get the job done with Doomsday or Bane.(guys don't be mad I still love these characters) Is there anything I need to know before I decide to pick him up? Do the more experienced Shazam players opt for trait whenever possible or do you just use it in certain situations? I can read up on threads just thought some of you could gimme some advice. I refuse to play any other hero except maybe Flash or Green Arrow.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Apparantly you just MB his little torpedo move everytime it hits. That's what everyone does to me. You'll get on your opponent's nerves and throw him off his game :mad:

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I started playing him one week ago and I finally start to be decent. This char is hard to play, especially online where you'll be screwed against zoning.

This char is probably the coolest to play so far.

His only problem to me is just about this forum being dead. I guess it's like the flash, Shazam needs buff to come back to life !

SZSR

Noob
I started playing him one week ago and I finally start to be decent. This char is hard to play, especially online where you'll be screwed against zoning.

This char is probably the coolest to play so far.

His only problem to me is just about this forum being dead. I guess it's like the flash, Shazam needs buff to come back to life !
What do you think this forum needs?

Red Venom, you definitely need a lot of patience with Shazam, online makes matchups that are difficult offline even harder. There are various tips and tricks under the "Tech" tabs that are situational but helpful, your main strategy is to outright confuse your opponent and in some cases make them agitated.

http://sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

This Footsies handbook helped me figure out how each action I make causes a corresponding reaction to my opponent and taking advantage of their most predictable reactions by punishing them.

Hope this helps.

When I first heard this game was announced, I thought for sure Shazam was going to be my main. I play villains almost exclusively in this game but am contemplating actually learning Shazam as a back-up to my Lobo, since I can't get the job done with Doomsday or Bane.(guys don't be mad I still love these characters) I there anything I need to know before I decide to pick him up? Do the more experienced Shazam players opt for trait whenever possible or do you just use it certain situations? I can read up on threads just thought some of you could gimme some advice. I refuse to play any other hero except maybe Flash or Green Arrow.
Im going for 100 wins with him currently. His trait I use whenever possible. Hes like the raiden of injustice. Hes not horrible people just like using easier fighters. You should pick up green arrow and flash too they are fun as hell to use.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
I'm somewhat proficient with all villains except Harley, BA, Sinestro, Derpstroke, Killer Frost, and Catwoman. Everyone else I use to some extent but I haven't even touched the hero side yet with the exception of learning 1 BnB for Star Labs.

Error

DF2+R2
He's really gimmicky, and his set-ups are quite annoying to pull off online. Although I enjoy trolling with 4 cross-up atlas torpedos in a row.

I rarely use trait because I'm not sure how to incorporate it.

He's really gimmicky, and his set-ups are quite annoying to pull off online. Although I enjoy trolling with 4 cross-up atlas torpedos in a row.

As soon as someone picks up on that crap, Shazam is toasted by the majority of the cast.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
As soon as someone picks up on that crap, Shazam is toasted by the majority of the cast.

People need to downplay him more often ! That's what we did with the flash and look at now !

He needs more BnB damages, a faster projectile (leave the MB version like it is) and he'll be top 10.

People need to downplay him more often ! That's what we did with the flash and look at now !

He needs more BnB damages, a faster projectile (leave the MB version like it is) and he'll be top 10.

I really shouldn't say anything since I don't recall ever playing a great Shazam.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
I opt for trait at the opponents last bar most of the time after f3 or 2nd 112 in the corner. you are not in too much of a disadvantage when your opponent has the life lead, because you have meter.
Shazam also has the reverse wake up tech in the corner off a d3, but have to be timed right.
playing him will level up your neutral game against top tier.

Shazam will be pretty strong, just needs players to main him seriously. He has a lot of downplayed tools in general. His design itself is a very good skill set. Weighted 50/50 options, strong chip, a few fram traps, great jumping, strong mobility, unblockable high/lows (throws), and great wake up anti-wakeup tech.

I'll probably need 2-3 weeks from now before I can contribute anything meaningful, but so far I am seeing some really great stuff in training room with him right now. And SaJa Flash was strong before the buffs, they just made him upper echelon after buffs. I think Shazam could use minor tweaks, but not the type of buffs that other people are asking for in the current forum chat.

JoeX0rX

Noob
Players did main him seriously and dropped him because he isn't tournament viable. The 22 vortex isn't a vortex, meter dependent and low dmg output, cant zone and gets zoned easily, he has A safe string...the list goes on....but for some reason he fun to play (probably becuase he has the best looking combos)

booivi

Good Game :)

So is there a way to pull it off consistently??