What's new

Thinking about going to KIT...help!

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Just as the title says I'm thinking about going to KIT this year because the idea of being a part of one of Injustice's last tournaments and getting the chance to meet and play a bunch of you guys is too damn exciting, but having never been to America for anything other than a family trip to Disneyland I just want to make sure I'm planning things right. I know it's pretty late but I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

As for accommodation, where would be best? Or does anyone have a room they'd be willing to let me share with them? If not then I'll try and get my own room but I'd be super grateful if anyone else had room for me. I'll even pay some towards it if need be!
Will I need a visa or anything like that? I know @A F0xy Grampa is attending so hopefully he can help me out with that.
Technology-wise I'll be bringing my Xbox 360 controller, XB1 controller and my converter. Reckon I'll need anything else? Will those things be alright with security too? Not sure how strict they are there.
Would anyone be able to get me at the airport or would I be ok walking? I would be coming in on the night of the 14th most likely. Edit: 14th, not 13th. Thought Injustice was on the 14th lol.
Is there anything I'm forgetting/missing that I should look into?

Not sure who to tag right now other than @Vandy lol. Any help would be appreciated, feel free to tag anyone that might be able to help! Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

Youphemism

Youphemism

Jerk off who you can, that'll get you far in the American nrs tourney scene!
You're only allowed 100 ml of liquids on a plane, not sure if that's enough lube :(
Good luck man. Hope you can make it happen! If I was going I'd help.
I hope so too. Funnily enough my flight may have a stop at Newark airport if you're nearby and want to meet for a bit and have a chat!

Espio

Kokomo
The United Kingdom and the United States have a visa waiver agreement with each other so you can arrive without one, but if you wanted to stay for longer than 90 days you'd have to apply for one.

Sadly I am not going to KIT this year otherwise I'd say I could help you out there. The airport seems pretty far from the venue if I recall. DMS picked me up from the airport and it had to of taken like 20 minutes to get from the airport to the venue.

I dunno if the venue has changed this year, I haven't followed KIT info as I had no intention of going this year.

Youphemism

The United Kingdom and the United States have a visa waiver agreement with each other so you can arrive without one, but if you wanted to stay for longer than 90 days you'd have to apply for one.

Sadly I am not going to KIT this year otherwise I'd say I could help you out there. The airport seems pretty far from the venue if I recall. DMS picked me up from the airport and it had to of taken like 20 minutes to get from the airport to the venue.

I dunno if the venue has changed this year, I haven't followed KIT info as I had no intention of going this year.
Nah it'd just be from the 13th to the 18th. I spoke to Ketchup and he mentioned ESTA, I'll apply for one tomorrow. Cheers for the info nonetheless :)
Pack your YEAHS madzin style
Nah it'll be AYEs coming from me ;)
I actually won't be able to make it to KiT, this year. Even though I DID register..... :(
Ah, thanks for responding anyway :p

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I'll be staying with my dad since he lives in Memphis, so I won't have a hotel room.

It's in Memphis this year, which is 3 hours and 30 minutes from me. Last year, the airport was about 30 minutes away in mild traffic.

Espio

Kokomo
Nah it'd just be from the 13th to the 18th. I spoke to Ketchup and he mentioned ESTA, I'll apply for one tomorrow. Cheers for the info nonetheless :)

Nah it'll be AYEs coming from me ;)

Ah, thanks for responding anyway :p
Interesting, I didn't know about that. When I went to Germany several years ago, I didn't need to apply for anything like that. I just arrived and got my passport stamped, but these are different circumstances I guess. The European Union and The United States are supposed to all be under a similar agreement though.

Youphemism

I'll be staying with my dad since he lives in Memphis, so I won't have a hotel room.

It's in Memphis this year, which is 3 hours and 30 minutes from me. Last year, the airport was about 30 minutes away in mild traffic.
Ah alright, thanks anyway. What would you say is the best way to get from the airport to the venue?

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Jerk off who you can, that'll get you far in the American nrs tourney scene!

I hope so too. Funnily enough my flight may have a stop at Newark airport if you're nearby and want to meet for a bit and have a chat!
How long will you be at Newark?
Ah alright, thanks anyway. What would you say is the best way to get from the airport to the venue?
Uber. Man you're getting the 13th? Thats super early.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
@Youphemism Don't get in on the 13th. You'll have to pay way more in hotels, no one will be able to help you because no one else will be in the area that early, etc.

Get in the Thursday before the tournament if you can. More people will be there to help and you can save money on food/hotels etc.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
@Youphemism Don't get in on the 13th. You'll have to pay way more in hotels, no one will be able to help you because no one else will be in the area that early, etc.

Get in the Thursday before the tournament if you can. More people will be there to help and you can save money on food/hotels etc.
Kinda late to be changing flights and stuff.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Kinda late to be changing flights and stuff.
I guess but it would probably be less expensive to pay the flight changing fee than pay for a hotel room for like a week(KiT is the 19th/20th right?).

I have no idea how it works in the UK though or how much it would cost to change flights.

Youphemism

I haven't booked the flight yet, still making sure I've got everything right first.

How long will you be at Newark?

Uber. Man you're getting the 13th? Thats super early.
Never mind, I made a dumbdumb. Thought Injustice was on the 14th, my badddd. And the stop at Newark is for just over 4 hours iirc.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Usually when I go to a tournament I have my room but I'm already sharing a room otherwise I would've offered you the spot.