What's new

Thethiny mk1 datamine

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Well if you look at the dialogue they datamined for Jade, Cassie, Kung Jin it's only in relation to Nitara. So I'm guessing they had Megan Fox voice everything all at once, which means all the KPs are already planned out way in advance.
Hmm, I guess that makes more sense then. Not sure what the point of Cassie or Jade being in an expansion just to not be playable, unless, they end up like a Kameo or something which would be the ultimate troll job. If Cassie arrives sooner than expected I'll start calling it an all-time roster.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Hmm, I guess that makes more sense then. Not sure what the point of Cassie or Jade being in an expansion just to not be playable, unless, they end up like a Kameo or something which would be the ultimate troll job. If Cassie arrives sooner than expected I'll start calling it an all-time roster.
For real dude, she needs to come QUICK. We need you mami. But hopefully she'll be in KP2 and not 3 or 4.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Glad to see Cassie back.

I wonder if Noob Saibot is the stand in for Cyber Sub. Rather than Bi Han as Noob being a wraith, it's a result of whatever Sektor does to "improve" him. In the old timeline, Kuai Liang becomes Cyber Sub, is killed by Sindel, returned to a human revenant by Quan, restored to life, then kills Sektor who has taken over the Lin Kuei. I wonder if whatever Sektor does to Bi Han to enhance him gives him the Noob Saibot move set, but it was a trick and now Sektor can control Bi Han and becomes Grandmaster. Liu Kang tells Kuai Liang in the expansion, according to the data mine, he thinks he can "fix" Bi Han, so I wonder if his Sub-Zero form is then restored and he just ends up getting Kuai Liang's arc of retaking the Lin Kuei from Sektor. Because Sektor in the old timeline becomes Grandmaster by killing his father, just how Bi Han did in this one, so I'm wondering if there's a parallel.

Conan has been a rumor for a long time now. But if they add Conan as a guest character, than add Red Sonja aswell.

And why no Skarlet. :(

I also wonder if we get male to female outfit variants and from female to male outfit variants.

I mean in the story
We saw female versions of Scorpion, Johnny Cage etc. There was I believe also a female kano right? Pretty weird to see Johnny Cage as a female with the same behaviour.

I'm looking forward which characters they come up with. And I hope we will have more outfits to unlock..

Last edited:

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
If we get Cassie and literal fucking Ghostface in the same pack I’m gonna have to kiss somebody at NRS

The original Scream is an ultimate comfort movie for me, I watch it at least once every couple months it feels like. That’s such a random inclusion but I’m so down lmao

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
ok if He-Man &/or Conan are only skins for Kotal then I'm all for it.

Fuck guest characters. Get me more and more MK fighters!

Kind of surprised it's not going to be "special forces pack" (Jax, Sonya, Kano, Cassie) but guess it's still ok in terms of choosing the characters.

Kotal is a pleasant surprise for sure.
Cassie was kinda expected
Jade is always welcome
Kung Jin - well, let's make him justice. They already have some Green Arrow animations for sure, so I guess it would be easier for them to re-skin and prepare him properly
Noob - yea - the last ninja missing. He definitely needed to be in a game at some point
It’s 100% Conan as his own character

He was leaked by the exact same dude who leaked not only Peacemaker and Homelander, but the fact that the game would be called “Mortal Kombat 1”. Add that up with a couple Arnie references in the leaked intro dialogue as well as a direct reference to Conan lore with Omni man, and I’d say it’s a lock

Kotal not being in this game at all feels weird though, since we know he’s around

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Characters change a lot from game to game, so it's kind of hard to really get excited for anyone by name alone.

Cassie would have me a bit interested, but her look where she pops up in this game is a miss for me. Not a lot to go on, but comes off like female Johnny and not her own person. Somehow she seems less interesting each game and I may just have to return my Cassie fan card which is a shame given MKX Cassie is one of my top 2 favorite characters of all time; out of everything not just MK.

Assuming the noob, Sareena, Kano, Harley Quinn, doomslayer and deathstroke leak was fake then?
Still think deathstroke would be a perfect fit for MK. I get more excited for the DLC slots that go to actual MK characters but he would be the exception for me