What's new

Move List - Jacqui Briggs These T-rex arms aren't working

GS_Zodiac

Determined to make a name for the mid-west
So recently I picked up Jacqui and I love the character. She has great walk speed (probably the best 8n the game) she's got great zoning and she has very good damage. But because her average startup is 15 frames and she has these weird T-Rex arms, her normals are garbage. Most everything she has gets snuffed by a normal from the oposing character. Even her d4 is terrible. She has a sweeping animation for an attack that doesn't sweep and it's just far too slow for what it's supposed to be.

What can be done to make this character not the worst in the entire game?

Saviorself

Noob Saibot
Yes, these are called weaknesses. They counter balance their strengths.

I don't think the range of her normals will ever be fixed because how potentially strong her zone can become.

GS_Zodiac

I don't think the range of her normals will ever be fixed because how potentially strong her zone can become.
I understand what weaknesses are, but her normals aren't just bad, they're crippling. If someone gets in on Jacqui mid screen and starts block pressure there's almost nothing that can be done. Even kenshi has a decent low starting normal that's fast. Jacqui's starting low normal is slow and punishable

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
So recently I picked up Jacqui and I love the character. She has great walk speed (probably the best 8n the game) she's got great zoning and she has very good damage. But because her average startup is 15 frames and she has these weird T-Rex arms, her normals are garbage. Most everything she has gets snuffed by a normal from the oposing character. Even her d4 is terrible. She has a sweeping animation for an attack that doesn't sweep and it's just far too slow for what it's supposed to be.

What can be done to make this character not the worst in the entire game?
She's far from the worst character in the game. But here are some things that could possibly help.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/jacquelyn-briggs-buff-suggestions.53960/

She could be the least represented character in the offline tournament scene though, due to some of the things you mentioned. Might end up like Mokap as far as a one game wonder. When picking the roster for the next game, I do believe that popularity will be a factor in some way.

She's definitely low mid tier though, not the worst in the game... IMO. I am speaking specifically about Full Auto though.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!

Her zoning is ehhh

Tanya, Kitana, Kenshi, Predator and Liu Kang have better zoning and a better up close game and don't completely lack the ability to poke out. They all also have better armour as well.

These aren't just weaknesses to balance out her strengths, they are weaknesses that cripple her strengths and make them irrelevant.

Really you have to suck it up when they get in and just abuse walk speed to make opponent's poke's and stuff whiff. Then you go in with f12 or run in 12 and try and abuse plus frames. b2 can also be decent particularly if your opponent gets into the habit of ducking things.

Her lack of range is super frustrating because things that should be punishable aren't.

GS_Zodiac

She's far from the worst character in the game. But here are some things that could possibly help.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/jacquelyn-briggs-buff-suggestions.53960/

She could be the least represented character in the offline tournament scene though, due to some of the things you mentioned. Might end up like Mokap as far as a one game wonder. When picking the roster for the next game, I do believe that popularity will be a factor in some way.

She's definitely low mid tier though, not the worst in the game... IMO. I am speaking specifically about Full Auto though.
I think full auto is fine. Until they get in. Her bf2 can be neutral jumped, her bf1 whiffs if you d4 or sometimes if you're really close, and sometimes if you're not close enough. Her bf4 is the only real wake up option she has unless you back dash. Imo I feel she just needs slightly better frames on like two strings. Just giving me that would be enough