What's new

These Damn Hitbox Issues!!

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
As funny as this is, what's happening here is a Shao Kahn thing not a Cage thing. Almost all advancing moves like Slides, shadow kicks, Shao's F4 here... etc., have a giant hurtbox that extends beyond their hitbox, to make it easy to hit them out of it (otherwise things like Erron's drop kick would be even 5 times worse than it is right now).

Shao's F4 here has extended his hurtbox into Johnny's kicks before the f4 hitbox reached Johnny so........ gg.

Gaxkang

Banned
As funny as this is, what's happening here is a Shao Kahn thing not a Cage thing. Almost all advancing moves like Slides, shadow kicks, Shao's F4 here... etc., have a giant hurtbox that extends beyond their hitbox, to make it easy to hit them out of it (otherwise things like Erron's drop kick would be even 5 times worse than it is right now).

Shao's F4 here has extended his hurtbox into Johnny's kicks before the f4 hitbox reached Johnny so........ gg.
But Shao's F4 is not Erron's slide...so is he really deserving of the same? ;)

mrapchem

Noob

Then this must mean that Johnny's kicks have a hitbox that goes behind him. That's....just....wow...

haketh

Noob
I really need y’all to play more fighting games, this is a pretty common interaction. Johnny’s kick doesn’t have a hit box behind, Shao’s F4 has an extended hurt box before becoming active & it’s extended. I’m still wondering why of all things F4 was pushed there.

Gaxkang

Banned
You basically need 10 fights with someone just to try to get used to the input lag and the hitbox/hurtbox's you get to deal with.

Zviko

Noob
They really need to fix high attacks not whiffing on block. Lao's 21212 being +1 feels like an insult. Even if you jail into it from D3, 21 whiffs on everyone and they can just poke you out.

kinger

Noob
Wish thus stuff wasn't a big deal but it sucks! As a kano main the 24 string hitting the 2 then missing the 4 sucks ass