What's new

There Will Be Another Injustice Game, Maybe Sooner Then We Think?

BartenderJeeves

Almost a bartender, but not exactly a bartender.
What if they made it like SFxT and TxSF?

Like MKvsDCU2 would be with the MK engine, and DCUvsMK2 would be with the Injustice engine?
Could be sick, but could fail horribly too....

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
I rather INJ over MK any time
DC lore is much more appealing
give me captain cold, bigger character textures and Flash as kabal and am sold
my only fear for this is that another studio might fuck it up

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
i honestly hope they make an entire new game with everything NRS has learned over the last few years and make MKvsDC 2, but in 2d, it was obvious when they added scorpion to the roster that it was there plan. and why characters like darksied and shinnok weren't in the their games. it would have a huge roster, and new mechanics that worked the best in their games. no need to seperate block button or not. make it one or the other. am sure NRS has more things up there sleeves that they want to include in their next game that they could use in mk9 or INJ.
I dont really think it was their plan. It was just a cameo same as Kratos was or Freddy Kreuger was. Cross marketing draws in more audiences.

been 3 years since mk9 released so I can understand the want for a sequel as I myself want a mk10 but injustice is a year old and the last patch which restarted everything is only a few months old and people want to jump to a sequel already?

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I dont really think it was their plan. It was just a cameo same as Kratos was or Freddy Kreuger was. Cross marketing draws in more audiences.
am almost 100% sure i heard from somewhere in an interview with boon saying something along the lines of how he wants to see how MK character worked with back to block. not saying that the specific reason was to do that and you maybe right, but it was more of a win/win situation for them. we know MK is their main IP, so it would be smart that in their other game (INJ) that they test things out that they were on the fence about for MK. so putting in scorpion not only makes them money, but gives them a way to test out MK characters in a different scheme. unfortunately it was a huge debacle with how broken he was and how his teleport really doesn't fit back to block, and they learned from that. i think having him in INJ really almost solidified that either they were going to make the first back to block MK game or stick with block button.

People shouldn't be so concerned about MK over Injustice or vice versa. It's better for this community if both games are successful. The idea that people could actually play both isn't that crazy. Having one game die the minute the other arrives isn't a good thing yet some people seem to hope for that. Look at capcom, both marvel and SF can coexist.

All that aside it is far too early for a second injustice and would be a huge financial mistake for NRS to release both so close to each other.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Jesus Christ.

Fuck WB. Origins was a piece of shit compared to Asylum and City. Thank god Rocksteady is back for Knight.

NRS needs to handle Injustice 2. This is ridiculous. Stop with the money grab, you dicks. If they want more money, just release 16 more DLC characters or something. I'd buy them all.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
With the logic that IGAU will die after MK 10 comes along is very flawed, if we need any proof of this just look at the Capcom community currently with just AE and MvC3.

-EDIT- sorry had more to say!

I would highly doubt that IGAU2 and MK 10 would be released around the same time or within the same year. MK10 is going to be next since 2011 was the last release of an MK game and with its success and the recent release of the new gen consoles, MK 10 will be right around the corner for the FG hungry players that bought in to new gen. Also a March/April 2015 release is pretty much perfect timing. It will be shortly after the new year when most people are finally beginning to adopt new gen. There won't be an IGAU2 and MK10 together IMO it would be a huge mistake as it would possibly cost them potential sales, kind of the same manner that at one time Capcom over saturated the FG market on their own by releasing too many FGs at one time.

Regardless rather its IGAU2 or MK 10, I say bring that shit on my PS$ is ready :)

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
With the logic that IGAU will die after MK 10 comes along is very flawed, if we need any proof of this just look at the Capcom community currently with just AE and MvC3.
Those two games are completely different, though. I think there's a lot more similarities between Injustice and MK than there are between Marvel and SF. I think Marvel and SF appeal to a much broader audience than the NRS games. Just my opinion, though.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Those two games are completely different, though. I think there's a lot more similarities between Injustice and MK than there are between Marvel and SF. I think Marvel and SF appeal to a much broader audience than the NRS games. Just my opinion, though.
You might be right, but it will be just like MK9 we still have a strong player base on MK9 and IGAU when it just came out was the same everyone jumped on board then slowly started playing MK9 again. What IGAU truly did IMO is it brought in a lot of new blood into the community and hopefully they IGAU folks that came in will give MK10 a try since they enjoyed IGAU.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
After how well-balanced IGAU seems to be (at least at this point in time), I have high hopes for MK10 having a fully tournament-playable roster.

Meanwhile, I don't think IGAU 2 is or should be in development yet. We've barely scratched the surface of the game as is.

DarkPage

Noob
Man the only way to revive all there characters is with somebody from the dc universe to basically give em a do over

Mk vs.dc confirmed

shaowebb

Man the only way to revive all there characters is with somebody from the dc universe to basically give em a do over

Mk vs.dc confirmed
Injustice had 2 universes and eluded to multiple universes remember :\

Anyone locked away or dead can simply come back as their counterpart from another Universe. Folks really got to stop stretching this sort of stuff as "hard confirmation" that they will be doing MK vs DC again. You keep forgetting that Injustice made a top selling comic book series off of its story. Forcing that story to become a giant cameo for another license would be so difficult and offputting to many comic book fans that it is definitely not something I would see DC wanting to do.

Injustice made money on its own. It would only be riding its coat tails to slap MK back onto it and Boon has said multiple times he wants to who have Injustice as a second franchise with NRS. Simply put...there is more money to be made off of doing MK and DC seperately than jointly. The two never felt right together anyhow in the public's eyes. Half the roster was killers who no longer killed and the other half were heroes who now had to act like killers. It was a dis-service to both franchises to force them together.

Believing in something because its comforting is no basis for its truth. The two series are FAR better presented if kept seperate than by trying to force them to work together in the same game.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
My post from the other thread.

This is where the "Injustice is confirmed" thing comes from: http://furiousfanboys.com/2014/04/no-dc-comics-did-not-announce-an-arkham-knight-delay-at-wondercon/

While people were applauding and cheering, they specifically said that Batman: Arkham Knight would be released later this year. After that statement is what most people didn’t hear, and they said to prepare for the return of Injustice. The “not a 2014 title” statement applied to the new Injustice, not the Batman sequel. No other details about the new Injustice, such as who is developing it, was revealed but it is apparently on the way…just not this year.

These are two other articles saying it was about the comic along with direct quotes from people in the case of one article.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/04/18/getting-dc-all-access-at-wondercon-from-jim-lee-to-shelly-bond/
We’ll also soon see the return of Injustice, the comic, with digital chapters on sale April 22nd. The Injustice comic started with a storyline 5 years before the start of the game. Moving into year 2, Superman has been successful in his mission, but now there’ll be a lot of focus on the Lanterns. Hal Jordan will be torn about where his allegiances lie. Two print books a month will be collecting the weekly digital chapters.

http://www.hitfix.com/news/all-access-with-dc-comics-at-wondercon-2014

Cunningham said the game will come out later this year, before speaking about the “return of Injustice” to cheers and applause. Chadwick explained that after the events of “Injustice: Gods Among Us” year one, “There will be a lot more focus on the Green Lanterns because...it’s not cool one of these heroes is taking over and removing free will.”

Written again by Tom Taylor, with digital chapters on sale starting April 22, Chadwick added that Sinestro will be helping Superman, “And Hal Jordan is very torn to where his allegiance lies.” Chadwick also clarified that the book will be moving back to a weekly format with two print books collecting the weekly digital chapters.

Tell me again why this is "confirmed".

DarkPage

Noob
Injustice had 2 universes and eluded to multiple universes remember :\

Anyone locked away or dead can simply come back as their counterpart from another Universe. Folks really got to stop stretching this sort of stuff as "hard confirmation" that they will be doing MK vs DC again. You keep forgetting that Injustice made a top selling comic book series off of its story. Forcing that story to become a giant cameo for another license would be so difficult and offputting to many comic book fans that it is definitely not something I would see DC wanting to do.

Injustice made money on its own. It would only be riding its coat tails to slap MK back onto it and Boon has said multiple times he wants to who have Injustice as a second franchise with NRS. Simply put...there is more money to be made off of doing MK and DC seperately than jointly. The two never felt right together anyhow in the public's eyes. Half the roster was killers who no longer killed and the other half were heroes who now had to act like killers. It was a dis-service to both franchises to force them together.

Believing in something because its comforting is no basis for its truth. The two series are FAR better presented if kept seperate than by trying to force them to work together in the same game.
I was kidding loL but I appreciate the breakdown

E

Eldriken

I hope for the sake of both MK10 and Injustice 2 that they don't have tons of phantom hitboxes all over the place and retarded input mechanics.

I love both games tremendously and they both stand as my two favorite fighting games ever, but those two things about the games annoyed me to no end.

shaowebb

Here's hoping the next title, whenever it occurs, improves upon the mobility options. Armor is fun and all that, but I'd prefer more tools to help me approach folks than just that and jump ins. If they dabble in either KoF dodge rolls or standard projectile cancelling though it'll be a nightmare to rebalance the whole cast and would require a major overhaul of movesets. In the long run it'd be a whole new game if they did that alone. Feels like there should be a better way though than that. Plus it adds the issue that the easier it is to approach the higher the likelihood of long combos and vortexes. Wakeups would need even more options....

See, this is why folks really need to play a lot of games IMO. You start to realize that each game is its own beast and you can't just "mix and match" parts from games together. It all starts with the movement then flows into how that effects combo length and the whole Oki scene. Expanding on the footsies of Injustice is something I dream of them doing, but know is something so fundamentally designed into the current product that any sort of additions outside of moves with startup projectile invincibility would be very damaging to the balance of returning movesets and meta.

Cancels would be something i'd like to see worked in at meter cost though. You'd just have to put meter scaling on combos that utilize them to prevent net positive meter build per cancel combo.

siiiiiiigh...its late and I'm designing fighting game systems again. Time for bed.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
I hope there's an Injustice 2, but it'd make sense to do MK10 first and then NRS do Injustice 2 after. My money's on that happening.

honestly the way i see things happening is that they will announce both mk10 and injustice 2 come E3 but here is the fun part its gonna take at least two years i say to put out a good game on the new next gen systems i mean they already had to delay arkham knight so don't expect either game to actually come out soon

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
i think itd be really funny if they had another studio work on injustice 2....and it turns out the other studio is the one hector left nrs for