What's new

There Is A Huge Chance That We Might See Sonya and Johnny Cage in MKX

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
So far, we've seen ALL the returning characters get very different move sets. So many specials and normals that they haven't had in any other game. There is no reason to think that both Sonya and Johnny couldn't have completely redesigned move sets/specials as well. Plus, Cassie doesn't have the exact moves of Sonya/Johnny, but variations of them. I would be happy to welcome redesigned Sonya and Johnny, and look forward to their story implications. It would be a huge missed-opportunity (story-wise) if one or both aren't included.
Scorpion had a teleport kick in mkda

T33-Kahn

Waifu, Peacock, Cutie Patootie,...
didn't ed boon tweet that sonya can't do fatality on her daughter? sounds like she's not playable. :confused:
i hope it's not true.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I browsed the schedule for PAX Prime, and couldn't find any mention of NRS, WB or MK X anywhere. Dark days, indeed. Most other big FG's had timeslots though.

Mint

too weird to live, too rare to die
they better not waste the character slots. so many better options.

Well Kano is my all time favourite MK character so yes. That's just me though. I've always hated Sonya and been really indifferent about Cage. I don't see what they could bring to the table that Kano can't. Whatever they need to do story wise, they can do as NPC's. If they've already put Cassie in, I don't want to see those two in, but that's just me.
This isn't about "slots" this is about favoritism and bias from both sides, I personally don't give a damn about cassie because from the actual videos I've seen she plays NOTHING like cage.

What if they gave you jarek and he was kanos son this time?, instead of kano ball he had different directions of those stupid ass rope attacks, instead of laser eyes he had Han Solo's laser gun, BUT still retained knife attacks and grapples and chokes,he plays just like kano right? Same thing right? No need to waste a slot right? No because it's NOT kano, and this is coming from a fan of that character.

If you tell me you wouldn't be out here complaining about that shit then you are a liar.

I don't see why they would be playable if we have cassie. It would be redundant. Cage was my main and I loved his play style but this is a different game.

Plop

Noob
This isn't about "slots" this is about favoritism and bias from both sides, I personally don't give a damn about cassie because from the actual videos I've seen she plays NOTHING like cage.

What if they gave you jarek and he was kanos son this time?, instead of kano ball he had different directions of those stupid ass rope attacks, instead of laser eyes he had Han Solo's laser gun, BUT still retained knife attacks and grapples and chokes,he plays just like kano right? Same thing right? No need to waste a slot right? No because it's NOT kano, and this is coming from a fan of that character.

If you tell me you wouldn't be out here complaining about that shit then you are a liar.
I didn't say Cassie will play like cage and Sonya, I just said I didn't want em in

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
I cannot even begin to imagine anything on Earth that could possibly be stupider on the part of a developer than to create a hybridization character who essentially combines two others and then proceed to still waste character slots on those other two who were combined. Sonya and Cage are a definite for the story but absolutely under no circumstances whatsoever cannot also be on the playable roster, or I will fucking fatality myself.
Evil ryu is ryu and akuma and they both are in sfa3, and ssf4. MvC2 had shin sakura who was sakura with akuma's move set, and she is a hybrid ryu. In tekken isnt d. Jin a hybrid of kazuya and jin and yet kazuya and jin both have slots in tekken tag2 and 6. I don't see how those two being there is a waste of a slot or stupid. Especially when it has happened in other franchises.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Evil ryu is ryu and akuma and they both are in sfa3, and ssf4. MvC2 had shin sakura who was sakura with akuma's move set, and she is a hybrid ryu. In tekken isnt d. Jin a hybrid of kazuya and jin and yet kazuya and jin both have slots in tekken tag2 and 6. I don't see how those two being there is a waste of a slot or stupid. Especially when it has happened in other franchises.
Okay, come see me when MKX's roster nears 50+ characters and I'll edit my post?

Okay, come see me when MKX's roster nears 50+ characters and I'll edit my post?
Cassie isn't a "hybridization" she looks like her own character, sure she has one or two moves that pay homage(that have different properties by the way) but she is not really looking like "JC+Sonya" combined like everyone's saying, and the first rendition of street fighter 4 had ryu, akuma, ken, gouken, dan, and Sakura by the way.

Thank god that game never got anywhere right?

Dark

Noob
didn't ed boon tweet that sonya can't do fatality on her daughter? sounds like she's not playable. :confused:
i hope it's not true.
He wasn't serious, people just asked him about that all the time so he went with it. Sindel did fatalities on Kitana.

Anyway Ed seems to be hinting a lot more at Sonya than Johnny. I hope whichevers ones make it in are just npcs though. The whole point of combining characters seems to be to clear space for other returning characters, since there is only a limited amount returning this time around, making both sonya and johnny playable would sort of defeat that purpose..

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Cassie isn't a "hybridization" she looks like her own character, sure she has one or two moves that pay homage(that have different properties by the way) but she is not really looking like "JC+Sonya" combined like everyone's saying, and the first rendition of street fighter 4 had ryu, akuma, ken, gouken, dan, and Sakura by the way.

Thank god that game never got anywhere right?

Yeah it got to Ultra. I'd rather not have to endure years of wasted character slots before the roster's fleshed out just because Cage fanboys don't grasp the intention of Cassie's Hollywood variation.

I loved Cage in MK9, I just don't want him, Sonya, and Cassie all on the roster when only 24 characters or so are anticipated. Three variations to Cassie, with one paying homage to Sonya and one to Cage, are more than enough. We don't need three different characters and nine different ways to play what can be accomplished in one character with three variations.

Andromeda

I am Bard
I can't wait to see what they'll look like, appearance-wise. I still hope Sonya has some sort of a Big Mama appearance to her. Just hope that her outfit this time is actually something worth liking. I never really have cared for anything that she has worn.

With Johnny, despite that he got serious towards the end of the story, I hope that he still has his sense of humor (not doubting it or anything, but it's still worth it to say something). Just that, I'm going to be laughing and be disappointed at the same time if they randomly ditched his chest tattoo if he's showing up shirtless.

Game-play wise... I'm hoping both will be really fun to play as. So far, not a single character yet has shown me anything to dislike about them, so I expect a good show whenever they get released.

I think Sonya and Cage will both be in... But since Cassie has most of their MK9 moves they will probably change a lot.
No, she doesn't. There is all but one move that she has of her own.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I can't wait to see what they'll look like, appearance-wise. I still hope Sonya has some sort of a Big Mama appearance to her. Just hope that her outfit this time is actually something worth liking. I never really have cared for anything that she has worn.

With Johnny, despite that he got serious towards the end of the story, I hope that he still has his sense of humor (not doubting it or anything, but it's still worth it to say something). Just that, I'm going to be laughing and be disappointed at the same time if they randomly ditched his chest tattoo if he's showing up shirtless.

Game-play wise... I'm hoping both will be really fun to play as. So far, not a single character yet has shown me anything to dislike about them, so I expect a good show whenever they get released.

No, she doesn't. There is all but one move that she has of her own.
Hmm she has Cage's nutpunch and air kick, she has Sonya's cartwheel and MSgrab and Stryker's gunshots :DOGE Love triangle?

ehhh... with all the potential chars that could be in and all the chars they could make, making a hybrid of johnny and sonya who has a nutpunch anyways with mostly new but meant to be a similar style to sonya... and then making another characters is kind of less interesting and less diverse and stupid compared to implementing unique ones. There is a lot of demand and its pretty clear and obvious that cassie cage is taking their spot.

Andromeda

I am Bard
Hmm she has Cage's nutpunch and air kick, she has Sonya's cartwheel and MSgrab and Stryker's gunshots :DOGE Love triangle?
She has only one move, and that is the nut punch. Everything else is her own move.

And yeah, a militarized character who so happens to use guns for specials gives the impression that Sonya also had a fling with Stryker.

Kay. Didn't realize she was an easy woman.