What's new

There are some weird "bugs" (misinformation) in the Mortal Kombat tutorials.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
Here are two examples:

1. During the Jax character tutorial, they want you to perform his grab into a 2-2-3 corner carry. That's what the tutorial says and that's what the demo shows. Yet that doesn't get that part of the tutorial done. What you have to do instead is to do 1-1-3. I spent like 15 minutes trying to figure that shit out.

2. During the Kollector tutorial, they want you to dashcancel Kollectors mace with a dash. But it doesn't work. It also doesn't work in the demo. Kollector performs his charged mace anyway. What you have to do instead is to cancel the mace with down-down.

And I think there was some other stuff, which was simply wrong and required completely different inputs. The demo also didn't work here and there.
Am I the only one, who thinks that MK11 was kinda rushed? It's as if they didn't play-tested this stuff on their own. And the uber-hard and unfun mechanics in the Krypt and Towers of Time also showcase that.

Agilaz

It has begun
The Kollector thing apparently is tied to the fact he had an infinite related to it(?) and they removed the dash cancels from it for now. You should still be able to cancel it with dd

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
The tutorials are a bit wonky. I managed to do all of the general ones but you have to do some things I don’t think i’m ever gonna do again, i.e., flawless block and use a launcher, i don’t have th rexecutipn

Pizza

Thrill Kill
2. During the Kollector tutorial, they want you to dashcancel Kollectors mace with a dash. But it doesn't work. It also doesn't work in the demo. Kollector performs his charged mace anyway. What you have to do instead is to cancel the mace with down-down.

Dashcancel worked for me

There's also the one with Geras that shows damage scaling, where you have to press 1 after short delays in the corner. I couldn't do it forever and was freaking out. Tried to see the demo and even the cpu couldn't do it hahahah. I ended up getting it eventually I assume, cause there's a check mark on it now.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Ran into a couple last night in the defense category I believe.

The tutorial was going over understanding the distance of your pokes, you play as Scorpion vs Raiden. The first one you just had to d4 against Raiden but it didn't reach far enough and would always miss. Even the demo missed. It also disables your ability to move, HUGE oversight. I managed to do it by using F4 first to advance without hitting Raiden, and then D4.

The second one was in a similar category and it was to punish Raiden at max distance after he uses one of his kicks. Same issue as above, reach isn't far enough, same with Demo. This was easily remedied by quickly switching stances at the start and using the kick to punish.