What's new

Video/Tutorial Theory of Aquaman

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
If people were complaining about Aquaman having 50/50's then I'm scared.

Nice stuff, and worth the time even if you don't main Aquaman.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
"Very unsafe character who relies on guessing."

Tom, you're NOT an idiot. I've been calling him unsafe for months.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?

I used to always see him in the same vein as Sinestro in terms of character design; both are fairly unsafe with a trait that sort of bandages their mistakes/ plug up their holes a little. Which is why the single hit launcher attacks for each character are so important to know. I'm assuming some people are unable to combo him and then conclude that he's safe, even though they KNOW he JUST traited after you caught him with an attack. FTD isn't safe, scoops isn't safe, non mb TR isn't safe etc.

I used to always see him in the same vein as Sinestro in terms of character design; both are fairly unsafe with a trait that sort of bandages their mistakes/ plug up their holes a little. Which is why the single hit launcher attacks for each character are so important to know. I'm assuming some people are unable to combo him and then conclude that he's safe, even though they KNOW he JUST traited after you caught him with an attack.

That being said, he is a top 3 character despite the fact that he primarily relies on guessing. If he was a super safe character, he would be unbeatable.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
That being said, he is a top 3 character despite the fact that he primarily relies on guessing.
I hear you. Some, like Forever King, would not disagree with you if you said he was the best in the game currently. People say he's 'defensive' etc. but that doesn't mean safe. Obviously a good player won't make it obvious HOW unsafe he is, but over all, he isn't inherently flawed in any way unless you approach a MU in a one size fits all fashion. I cringed at some of Theo's choices in his matches with RWM because of how badly they could have ended, but that's not because he isn't knowledgeable with him, it's that maybe he isn't knowledgeable enough with the current MU. Some Aquamans jump around like they've got Arrow's J3 or something. Some characters may not have an answer but DEFINITELY not all of them.

No disrespect to Theo, it was just an example.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Trident Rush MB can be safe on block by skipping the last dash. That way even when Aquaman is at -10/-1f1 the distance protects him against all punishes but SM's Super.

02:28

Forgive me, Lord Brady. I disgraced Atlantis. ;_;

nonsense sir, you are a great Atlantian. I enjoyed watching you vs RWM. Wish they streamed more of the WNF matches so I could have seen more. Always something I can learn from watching someone with a fresh perspective.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I think you make great points about Aquaman, that the character is not what I originally thought he was (hence me moving away from the character). I am glad to see you posting and making videos again and if you ever want to discuss his matchups or whatever, I'm ashtrays willing to pitch in. Good stuff.