What's new

The WUFL Discussion Thread - Season 1

Top 8 Bracket:

Stream Archives:
Archive of WUFL Day One (Group A)
Archive of WUFL Day Two (Group B)
Archive of WUFL Top 8 (Finals)

Results:

Hey, everyone! WePlay's WUFL is this Thursday-Sunday, and there are a ton of great matches lined up. Most of the better players of MK11 are there, in Ukraine:

Here's the schedule for the second day of the matches (Group B, FT3s):

Discuss predictions, updates, news, etc. here! Let's gooooo

Comments

WePlay Ultimate Fighting League Season One is about to begin and its opening lineup for Mortal Kombat 11 is absolutely stacked, featuring many of the biggest names to ever hit the sticks.

From reigning Final Kombat Champion Dominique “SonicFox” McLean to the beastcoast boys Matthew “Biohazard” Commandeur and Ryan “Dragon” Walker, the competition is going to be brutal.

Running from March 25 to 28, fans will see these top players compete in-person at the WePlay Esports Arena Kyiv, many for the first time since last March at Final Kombat 2020. This will kick off the first season of WUFL, which will host a different fighting game tournament for three straight weekends, starting with MK11.

Here is the full lineup of kombatants for the inaugural season.

• SonicFox
  • Sayed “Tekken Master” Ahmed
  • Biohazard
  • Dragon
  • Denom “A F0xy Grampa” Jones
  • Tyrese “DizzyTT” Carl
  • Jordan “VideoGamezYo” James
  • Curtis “Rewind” McCall
  • George “Grr” Foulkes
  • Daniel “TheMightyUnjust” Taibot
  • Wellington “Konqueror249” de Castro
  • Aj “2eZ” Pieri
  • Justin “Mr 5000” Banda
  • Alexandre “Hayatei” Dubé-Bilodeau
  • Arman “ArnKratos” Mkrtchyan
  • Zoulfikar “Kombat” Dayekh
The only real notable exclusion in the star-studded roster is Final Kombat 2020 runner-up Jarrad “NinjaKilla212” Gooden. WUFL broadcast host and Alliance VALORANT manager James Banks confirmed that NinjaKilla212 was invited but declined to attend.

You can watch all of the WUFL action on the competition’s official Twitch channel starting on March 25, with a full tournament format and schedule being released soon.

I'm hoping Arn Kratos really, really messes up some people's predictions. I genuinely love it when people from other regions get to compete on even footing with NA. The same goes for Konqueror, TM, and Azerbaijan, but they're more known quantities at this point. I think Arn Kratos has been to an offline major once a long time and made top 8. I don't know who he plays now, but his Shang Tsung looked on par with Foxy's at the time.

Who do you guys have in GF?
I really think I could be Tekken Master and Rewind.
But I hope that HoneyBee and Kombat can make it far.
Sonic is a clear favorite but has Sonic been playing MK?
Also, I think the field has caught up to SonicFox. While the top players are top players for a reason, the winner really depends on who's "ON" that day IMO.

I want Sonic vs Foxy but it will probably be Dragon instead of Foxy. I hope Biohazard does well too. Top 4 at least.

HoneyBee isn't in.
LOL, you're right, wishfully thinking about Honeybee. I like his D'Vorah.
I just wondered why they brought back repeat players from the 1st tournament. No offense to those returning but today's Mk11 era has a strong base of players to select from. Regardless it will be great matches.
I am truly interested in how strong mighty unjust is offline, similar to Avirk last tournament.
I wondered the same thing about online players like Koisy and Titanium tigerzz.

Shame this is likely the busiest week of the year to me so far. I might only be able to catch a bit on sunday.

Good luck everyone.

Who do you guys have in GF?
I really think I could be Tekken Master and Rewind.
But I hope that HoneyBee and Kombat can make it far.
Sonic is a clear favorite but has Sonic been playing MK?
Also, I think the field has caught up to SonicFox. While the top players are top players for a reason, the winner really depends on who's "ON" that day IMO.
I see Sonic playing on Dragon's stream fairly often, which is why I suspect he'll play D'vorah against Cetrion. He straight up drives Dragon crazy with her range.

I predicted on the podcast that there would probably be some upsets, but.. I think Kombat not making Top 8 is pretty massive even by those standards.

I'm guessing he doesn't feel as sharp as he could be after not playing as much in the last year.. But you have to give credit to Konqueror and ArnKratos for playing really well today.

Feel like Foxy robbed Kombat. According to weplay table on their website, kombat and foxy both won 13 games (not sets or rounds, but single games) and kombat lost 11 and Foxy lost 13. Feels like Kombat should have gone through for losing less games.

However the only person I cared about winning was foxy so I'm glad. Once he's out I no longer care who wins.

I kinda feel bad for Kombat. It was looking so well for him and it looked like he didn't need to sweat at all. Then a loss to SonicFox completely ruined his momentum. I expected Sonic going 7-0, 2-5 for VGY however I did not. Only ArnKratos was convincing enough, everyone else's performance was average at best.