What's new

Strategy The wisdom of Solomon: BnB Trait enders SHAZAM!

Shazam?

• SHAZAM!!!!!

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • SHAZAM!!!!!

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
The Wisdom of Solomon is Solomon's Judgment!
I believe that ending combos in a safe SJ setup is the future of high level SHAZAM play.
These Trait ending bnbs are completely safe from wake up attacks including Superman's super, Keeps you close to knockdown for best chance of maximum Trait payoff or a quick HM, Burns minimal trait time, And hopefully doesn't sacrifice too much damage from the regular bnb.

What Solomon's Judgment will do for You:
- Adds a hefty damage boost to your pressure block chip. SJ adds an extra 2% to your chip damage. that is about a 200% increase of damage. This is a major upgrade to Shazam's offense
- The extra damage adds a massive increase to Shazam's meter building on block chip and hits. This is a major asset to maximizing your Shazam because Shazam needs meter for his regular bnbs and still retain enough for Clash, armor FADC attacks ( particularly useful when you have SJ active ), And push blocking.
- Lays down the hurt. Lots of hurt.

Combos:
ji2 starters have not been added.

HM B3 ji3 112MS Trait 31%
or
HM B3 ji3 f223Trait 31%

F12 HMmb b3 ji3 112MS Trait 32%

22HMmb b3 ji3 112MS Trait 29%

B2HMmb b3 ji3 112MS Trait 31%

F22 reset HM combos

From Trait activation, Commence with a regular okie game.

I find that the sacrificed damage from the bnb is worth it considering the overall gain that the great Solomon can give to you. I find that Shazam players have not been using SJ despite the amazing trait buff he got.
I urge all of you to try these combos out on live matches before commenting its viability. I for one am adapting this strategy entirely for I have found the gain of SJ setup to be fruitful. Especially when you see your opponent needing to spend more meter than a SHAZAM!
Tell me what you think?

I'll think over this, but know that tech rolling makes all these setups unsafe against the majority of the cast.
how does a damageless tech roll blow up something safe from Superman? the setup is just having trait up safely and up close . I could always throw a lighting bolt or a AT if they back dash, ill have all the time to read it

I'm going through the cast now to test it actually. I think you're right, it's not a majority of the cast. I'll make a quick list of the characters its unsafe against.

guy. Tech-roll wake-up attack Joker BANG! punishes it. Just an example, for the moment. Tech rolls let the opponent perform wake-up attacks earlier and move further back. I'm not saying the idea is bad, just that it's not entirely safe.

EDIT: Woops, I said "isn't bad" instead of "is bad". Sorry.

guy. Tech-roll wake-up attack Joker BANG! punishes it. Just an example, for the moment. Tech rolls let the opponent perform wake-up attacks earlier and move further back. I'm not saying the idea isn't bad, just that it's not entirely safe.
but you would have ample time to blow up anyones backdash on the account its safe from a 2 frame full screen wake-up attack. You will have a night and a day to read any wake up option on the game. It is 100% safe. your ruining my thread ;______;

but you would have ample time to blow up anyones backdash on the account its safe from a 2 frame full screen wake-up attack. You will have a night and a day to read any wake up option on the game. It is 100% safe. your ruining my thread ;______;

Hey, we're all trying to improve Shazam here, I'm pretty sure that stealthychainsawninja is right. Go to training mode, set superman or lex to their reversals, and also set them to roll. You will get punished with your teleport and then trait. Also, I do not know how you are able to continue pressure after this setup as they have rolled too far away and will probably run away til trait runs out.

I think the optimal way to get trait pressure was actually posted by chainsaw in the bnb thread.... off of any HM, you can d2~trait, and then d3 sweep for an untechable knockdown.... plus you have trait on already so you have all the time in the world to cross up, d1, 112, 12, etc. The only thing that sucks is the timing is really strict. If you can land this consistently tho then this is far and away the best Shazam trait setup.

I've also been experimenting with HM MB, b3, j3, 2~trait, and then dash just before they hit the ground, if they roll, then you dash up next to them, if they don't, you're still on top of them. I tried this against Lex both rolling and not and you are able to dash and then block the wake up attack.

doing 112 trait in any place but the corner just pushes them too far away to follow up with any kind of significant pressure, sorry.

Hey, we're all trying to improve Shazam here, I'm pretty sure that stealthychainsawninja
doing 112 trait in any place but the corner just pushes them too far away to follow up with any kind of significant pressure, sorry.
112MC brings your directly next to them. what are you talking about? you didn't read any of my combos did you
also tech roll doesn't change the time when you can perform a wake up in which you will have all the time in the world to react to. It does not naturalize anybodies wake up game, just allows you to react to it. how does a tech roll prevent anything that wouldn't normally happen anyway, its just them waking up from a tech roll you can blow up. I don't understand the both of you at all

Btt Ownge Mble @stealthychainsawninja
okay I see what you guys mean with your concerns with the tech roll. It does give you a faster wake up. I didn't know that. However if the combo ends in 112MS you will have time to read the tech roll while in MS and not do the trait. This only applies on fast distant wake ups.
Ending with F223Trait the tech roll will do them no good.

Btt Ownge Mble @stealthychainsawninja
It does give you a faster wake up. I didn't know that. However if the combo ends in 112MS you will have time to read the tech roll while in MS and not do the trait. This only applies on fast distant wake ups.
This defeats the whole purpose of sacrificing not only damage but an untechable knockdown with AC for vortex setups, if you're not even going to be guaranteed a trait activation... I don't see any reason to ever use a 112~MS Trait combo
Ending with F223Trait the tech roll will do them no good.
This one is safe, you're correct. I don't know why we would use a 112 combo to trait up when this puts them in much better position and is safe. I would say if you're going to sacrifice damage for trait this way or the HM~d2 trait d3 is the best way to trait up safely while still continuing pressure.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Something that come to my mine. Does anyone knows if you are safe from wake ups if you end your combo this way: starter, B3,J3, F22~trait? And maybe NJ1/2/3!?!? I will test it tomorrow. Just wondering!

I've been trying to incorporate trait into my game and I've got to say, so far I've been liking it. I'm going to try to experiment with different setups after activation in order to get the most damage possible and to make sure you smack them with your fists.

Sometimes a quick dash in and 112 will surprise them. I've noticed that sometimes one of the 1's will whiff even if you do j2 112.

Some of the ways to maximize trait damage I'm thinking of is... after f223~trait, dash up HM.

While trait is active do 11 combo, then go into an F3 MB. If they try to counterpoke they'll get launched and then you can do 112~AT or if you want to burn a 2nd bar (not recommended usually) you can go for something like F22 or F223 HM MB, then b3, then depending on gravity (I'll test later) a 112 ender or j3 or j2 and then 112.

Another thing to remember is if they are blocking low alot you can 'try' b2 into HM yolo.... but keep in mind if they block the b2 the HM will whiff and you will get blown up, so this is more of a desperation move. More safe is b2 then advancing MS, however if the opponent is on point they can blow this up too, but this will usually cross over and hopefully mess up their inputs enough that you can try to dash and 112 them. But this is mostly a gimmick that I wouldn't recommend you make a staple of your Shazam strategy.

I've noticed many smart players will run the hell away when they see Shazams hands light up like glowsticks, and rightly so. Does anyone else have any ideas on how to maximize damage and punish players for running from traited up shazam?

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
I agree,

though I only have 2 ways for safe SJ activation; the common HM-mb b3 - f3 trait then Ji3 (This is safe and will not actually hit I think, just to scare them and make them push buttons) and corner HM-mb 112 - 112 trait (because I don't have a wall combo). other activation is just when I feel like it, usually on knockdown.

and yes, they either run away or get in your face quick.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
b2-trait can be another ender option that gives you a safe dash in after trait even if opponent tech roll-wakeups'.
i.e.;
f223 - 22 - HMmb - b3 - b2trait - dash,
22- HMmb - ji2 - b2trait - dash

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
MashPotatoTower

I found a way to end in trait and still get the guaranteed 50/50 of a meaty command grab. It also does pretty good damage and is unclashable!

The timing is different based on when you hit the F3. I really hope nobody posted about this yet, if so I'm sorry.
Well isn't that tits. I've been looking for something to do after b3/f3 as i trend to do it a lot when I'm trying to evade a clash attempt.
Thank ya Chef.

MashPotatoTower

I found a way to end in trait and still get the guaranteed 50/50 of a meaty command grab. It also does pretty good damage and is unclashable!

The timing is different based on when you hit the F3. I really hope nobody posted about this yet, if so I'm sorry.

Nope this is the first I've seen it... really good tech and much easier to time then the friggin HM MB to d2~trait and sweep. Thanks Chef!