What's new

The Wii Is Garbage

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I usually hate when people post a "vent thread" and I apologize in advance but I had to put this on here as it is so unbelievable. (Keep in mind that this is happening in real time, I was so pissed off that I went on here to write this immediately.)

So... let me start from the beginning. Ironically, the thread about the "Games that make you cry" http://classicmk.com/index.php?topic=2207.0 made me want to play LOZ: Ocarina of Time. Go figure.

So I log on to the Wii shop channel and find that it's $10 to download. No biggie, I shell out the $10 and find out that I don't have enough space and need more free blocks. At this point I'm a little irritated and now it feels like the old days where Nintendo would sucker you into every little thing you "didn't need" like the Expansion Pak and Rumble Pak. Wow.

Anyway, I see that all the data I have on there is from previous games that I will still play so I leave it alone on my Wii memory. Now I get my ass over to Target to say hi to the old lady, then purchase an SD memory card for $12.99. I'm headed home and feeling satisfied I will be playing some Ocarina of Time. Fuck yeah.

I pop the SD card in and download the game to it. I see this is a mistake since I can't launch the game from the SD card. So the Wii tells me I need to move some data to the SD card and move Ocarina of Time onto the Wii memory itself. Ok cool, this isn't as bad as I thought.

Then I discover that for the amount of blocks free, I don't really have a game other than Smash Bros. Brawl that has that much space to move. (128 blocks) Even all the rest of my games/channels combined wouldn't make the room that Brawl could. So okay again it's not a big deal.

I click on Smash Bros. Brawl and click on move. IT SAYS I CAN'T MOVE IT. I CAN ONLY DELETE IT.

So you can guess what happened next. I deleted all of my save data for a game to make room for another.

Nintendo all but forced me to believe I could play a 12 year-old game without trouble. Charged me $10 for it. Made it the most irritating nuisance to manage memory to even play the fucking thing. Led me to believe I needed to buy a FOREIGN OBJECT FROM A THIRD PARTY to properly manage that data. Then made me delete a loved game to play the one I wanted to play in the first place.

May I say Nintendo lost a customer after I'm done playing this game? You certainly may.

Go fuck yourself Japan.

Again, I apologize... but seriously what a piece of shit. And the graphics look like FUCKING CRAYONS. There, I finally said it.

I'm not gonna lie I laughed pretty hard at this. lol. I couldn't agree more, and I can't even begin to put into words how completely asinine some of these systems are. Just wtf's all around.

Honestly, I'd just hack the damn thing. Stick an external drive on it and never worry about changing a disc again - to boot, download whatever OG Nintendo games you already own and throw them on there too.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I usually hate when people post a "vent thread" and I apologize in advance but I had to put this on here as it is so unbelievable. (Keep in mind that this is happening in real time, I was so pissed off that I went on here to write this immediately.)

So... let me start from the beginning. Ironically, the thread about the "Games that make you cry" http://classicmk.com/index.php?topic=2207.0 made me want to play LOZ: Ocarina of Time. Go figure.

So I log on to the Wii shop channel and find that it's $10 to download. No biggie, I shell out the $10 and find out that I don't have enough space and need more free blocks. At this point I'm a little irritated and now it feels like the old days where Nintendo would sucker you into every little thing you "didn't need" like the Expansion Pak and Rumble Pak. Wow.

Anyway, I see that all the data I have on there is from previous games that I will still play so I leave it alone on my Wii memory. Now I get my ass over to Target to say hi to the old lady, then purchase an SD memory card for $12.99. I'm headed home and feeling satisfied I will be playing some Ocarina of Time. Fuck yeah.

I pop the SD card in and download the game to it. I see this is a mistake since I can't launch the game from the SD card. So the Wii tells me I need to move some data to the SD card and move Ocarina of Time onto the Wii memory itself. Ok cool, this isn't as bad as I thought.

Then I discover that for the amount of blocks free, I don't really have a game other than Smash Bros. Brawl that has that much space to move. (128 blocks) Even all the rest of my games/channels combined wouldn't make the room that Brawl could. So okay again it's not a big deal.

I click on Smash Bros. Brawl and click on move. IT SAYS I CAN'T MOVE IT. I CAN ONLY DELETE IT.

So you can guess what happened next. I deleted all of my save data for a game to make room for another.

Nintendo all but forced me to believe I could play a 12 year-old game without trouble. Charged me $10 for it. Made it the most irritating nuisance to manage memory to even play the fucking thing. Led me to believe I needed to buy a FOREIGN OBJECT FROM A THIRD PARTY to properly manage that data. Then made me delete a loved game to play the one I wanted to play in the first place.

May I say Nintendo lost a customer after I'm done playing this game? You certainly may.

Go fuck yourself Japan.

Again, I apologize... but seriously what a piece of shit. And the graphics look like FUCKING CRAYONS. There, I finally said it.
Yeah I know this is an old thread, but I have to say this. That's what happens when your system only has 500MB of storage space.