What's new

The Verdict- PS3 Pad or PDP stick for MK9?

Great vid, BTL. Already commented, but forgot to ask (open question, so anyone feel free to ask). What is a good brand of buttons? I may be building a Hitbox-like stick for myself(incredibly cheaper), so I'll be needing about 12 arcade buttons, but given the fact I'm 17 and have no idea about arcade sticks whatsoever, I'd like some advice from you guys.

Hope you can answer :)
American style go with il competition buttons. Japanese style, most people like sanwa.

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
Thank you VERY much BehindTheLight, honestly I am suddenly SO much better at this game thanks to your video. I am so happy that I finally learned how to hold the stick properly. I knew using a stick was superior to the pad due to the buttons being so much easier to press, but I was having a hell of a time with the joystick hand. Now that I see your video honestly I improved 100%

Thanks bro

Thank you VERY much BehindTheLight, honestly I am suddenly SO much better at this game thanks to your video. I am so happy that I finally learned how to hold the stick properly. I knew using a stick was superior to the pad due to the buttons being so much easier to press, but I was having a hell of a time with the joystick hand. Now that I see your video honestly I improved 100%

Thanks bro
Really? That is awesome. Glad it improved your game.

Ok, here is a little update to the video I made. I took all the combos and slowed them down because I noticed it is really hard to see the inputs because of the speed.

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
So I just figured I should update. I gave the stick about 2 months of solid practice. I did swap all the parts like I was told. I never was fully able to adjust. I wasnt comfortable with a big ass controller sitting on my lap when I went to public fighting events. I was able to get pretty decent with it and then I went to a fight night at a local gaming place and got destroyed by almost everyone there on a lagless tv. The lagless tv made a huge difference for me using the stick believe it or not! That night I went home very discouraged. Didnt play the game much all week. Then watched EVO and saw that the top 8 players were all using pad. Then aris said what he said on stream at evo about how mk inputs are not that hard and a pad is easy enough, also that carrying around a stick is a burdon. The next day I bought a brand new ps2 controller and a converter. It was like I been running with a parachoute on my back for 2 months. My speed was increased insanely. I went to another fight night and destroyed everyone there and people were commenting on my speed. Then I had a week to practice. Went to another fight night and I did pretty fuckin good. Me and guyingreen were battling it out and he waxed the floor with me 2 weeks before. So imo for mk9, ps2 pad is the way to go!