What's new

The UMK MK2 forums are back online?!

CUKO28

Noob
Awesome! Looks like its coming back. I just read a few post there and wow, what MK2 is capable of lol. Looks like they gonna have a UMK3 live Tournament to be streamed. Im looking forward too see that.
I never got to see DreemerNJ vs DVDcsn (JAX vs JAX) =0(

Tim Static

Adminerator
Yes, you should have gotten an email to all members about this.

CUKO28 said:
I never got to see DreemerNJ vs DVDcsn (JAX vs JAX) =0(
You mean DreamTR, and DreamTR would destroy DVD.

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
Tim Static said:
Yes, you should have gotten an email to all members about this.

You mean DreamTR, and DreamTR would destroy DVD.
do u know dreamtr? he doesnt play mk anymore, only sf

So they closed the forums for a year for who knows what reason, and now they're opening them again and expect people to come back? lol.

I used to play DreamTR on xband.. He was kind of a prick back in the day. His name there was DreamTheater+. He didn't pick anyone but Jax, ever, and the only way to beat his Jax was with Mileena. Then he'd have the nerve to complain about that.. lol.

X820

Noob
I saw this a while back, apparently you had a mailbox, never played it myself back in the day, obviously.

ScheissNussen said:
Wow, you could complain on xband? I never had the opportunity to play it. Was there text chat and shit?
Yeah, the whole thing was way ahead of its time. You could send each other "x-mail" and even chat before or after a game in real time.

Probably the best thing about it was the ELO ranking system they used for nation-wide rankings, and the level system that was stored locally in your xband modem.

IIRC, right before a match, when it showed you who you were fighting, it would display how many points you would get if you beat him (the points depend on your opponent's national ranking), and as you collected points, you would move up in levels, depending on the game.

For MK2, you started off as a white belt, then moved up towards black belt, and then beyond that there were a bunch of other levels.

Eventually they had to shut it down because people started figuring out how to hack the modem in different ways, like getting free "nationwide", etc.

Tim Static

Adminerator
GoldenOreos said:
do u know dreamtr? he doesnt play mk anymore, only sf
yea i know Jason. We've talked about this before. and i'd still take a rusty as fuck DreamTR over damn near any Johnny come lately in MK2