What's new

The Ultimate SONYA COMBO VIDEO!

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
The Ultimate SONYA COMBO VIDEO! (56% Damage)

After countless hours spent in Training Mode, I present you the ultimate Sonya Combo Video!

It is an updated version of my old Sonya Combo Video, both focused on showing combos that results in the highest damage possible. Since the Military Stance Jump Cancel is gone, this newest video contains the highest damaging combos for the Lieutenant Blade ever discovered, which are:

MIDSCREEN:
- 51% Meterless;
- 55% X-Ray.
WALL:
- 52% Meterless;
- 56% X-Ray/Enhanced.

This will pretty much remain as the best combo video for Sonya for a long time, since I don't have any idea how to top these ones! LOL
But if you come up with combos that top those above, please share it with us and post a video of it!

Please, post your thoughts on it!

I've been using a variation of one of your 56% corner x-ray combos. Its the same as the one where you hit the x-ray ground to ground, except instead of each of the 2,1 after the dive kicks, I use 4. The damage comes out to the same.

The other combos were great too, I really have to start practicing the military stance -> dash punches combos, they really buff midscreen damage potential.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I have seen this video myself and let me tell you, it is fucking AMAZING. Opened my eyes more to Sonya's potential.

It is strongly suggested you all watch this video carefully and learn from it. I've done just that and will be using what I've learned from it as I work to execute high-level combos as well. Thanks, Poto, for your video has further lengthened my knowledge of Sonya's combo abilities as well as that of other Sonya players throughout the community! Keep doing what you do.

Poto2222

Well folks, I'M BACK!
And this time, with even more devastating combos!

I'll just Copy&Paste my video's description here because I'm too lazy now to write something. LOL

Remember when I said that my last combo video was my masterpiece and the ultimate Sonya Combo Video? Forget about that! This new one, with TEN MINUTES of PURE BADASSERY, definitely pushes Lt. Blade to her best, far beyond to what we all could've imagined!

Just like the last combo video, this one features the MOST DAMAGING COMBOS ever discovered for Sonya both Midscreen and Wall, and both Meterless and with X-Ray.
MIDSCREEN:
Meterless: 59% (07:24);
X-Ray: 63% (07:55).

WALL:
Meterless: 63% (09:13);
X-Ray: 67% (09:45).

This new combo video shows that Sonya STILL has her Military Stance Jump Cancel into Dive Kick! But now it's only doable after F+2,2, which is REALLY hard to do. I think both the Jump Cancel after the Military Stance AND the Dive Kick must be done in like 3 or 4 frames , so it took me a while to nail all these combos.
Also, I'm showcasing, for the very first time, combos starting with the (3,1)4! I knew for long that the 3,1,4 was a useless laucher combo, but I wanted to see what would happen if I whiff the first hit (which is the one who launches your opponent) but hit the subsequent moves. After messing around with Sonya in Practice Mode, I discovered that your opponent won't be able to move or block ofter being hit by the last kick as long as his character remains on the stun animation, so I found a way to benefit my combos! And I must say: IT'S DEADLY!

Behold the power of the Blond Beast!

A few things that I must mention:
- Unlike my last combo video, these combos are not ordered by their damage, but by the categories I've made (F+2,2xxMSJC; Double F+2,2xxMSJC, (3,1)4; (3,1)4 + F+2,2xxMSJC; and (3,1)4 + Double F+2,2xxMSJC), which I think that makes more sense for this specific video. Ordering these combos by damage would make the video more confusing than it already is!

- I've incorporated all my discoveries into my 3 best combos (2 of them being midscreen and 1 on the wall). Plus, I tried to cover EVERY possibility of different combos I could think of based on those 3 I've mentioned, so if you think that the video is a bit repetitive, no wonder why! LOL

- ALL ORIGINAL IDEAS! You won't see these combos in any Youttube video out there! I discovered both the F+2,2xxMSJC and (3,1)4 setups all by myself! So if you see any of those combos done by anyone else out there, you'll know where they got their inspiration! =P

INPUTS
__________________________________________________ ___________
:r:bp:bp xx MSJC variations:

MIDSCREEN:
JPS, :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx Kartwheel... MS, :l:bp... :l:bp:fp:r:bp... :bp:fp xx Leg Grab;
JPS, :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx :enKartwheel... MS, :l:bp... :l:bp:fp:r:bp... :bp:fp xx :enLeg Grab;
JPS, :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx Kartwheel... MS, :l:bp... :l:bp:fp:r:bp... :bp:fp xx :x;

JPS, :l:bp:fp:r:bp... NJP... Dash, Kiss... :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx Kartwheel... :l:bp:fp xx MS :r:fp xx Leg Grab;
JPS, :l:bp:fp:r:bp... NJP... Dash, Kiss... :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx :enKartwheel... :l:bp:fp xx MS :r:fp xx :enLeg Grab;
JPS, :l:bp:fp:r:bp... NJP... Dash, Kiss... :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx Kartwheel... :l:bp:fp xx MS :r:fp xx :x;

WALL:
JPS, :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx Kartwheel... :fp:fp xx Kiss... Dive Kick, :fk:fp:bk xx MS :r:fp xx Leg Grab;
JPS, :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx :enKartwheel... :fp:fp xx Kiss... Dive Kick, :fk:fp:bk xx MS :r:fp xx :enLeg Grab;
JPS, :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx Kartwheel... :fp:fp xx Kiss... Dive Kick, :fk:fp:bk xx MS :r:fp xx :x;

JPS, :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx Kartwheel... :fp:fp xx Kiss... :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :fk:fp:bk xx MS :r:fp xx Leg Grab;
JPS, :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx :enKartwheel... :fp:fp xx Kiss... :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :fk:fp:bk xx MS :r:fp xx :enLeg Grab;
JPS, :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx Kartwheel... :fp:fp xx Kiss... :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :fk:fp:bk xx MS :r:fp xx :x;

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

:)fk:fp):bk variations:

MIDSCREEN:
:)fk:fp):bk, MSJC... JPS, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx Kartwheel... MS, :l:bp... :l:bp:fp:r:bp... :bp:fp xx Leg Grab;
:)fk:fp):bk, MSJC... JPS, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx :enKartwheel... MS, :l:bp... :l:bp:fp:r:bp... :bp:fp xx :enLeg Grab;
:)fk:fp):bk, MSJC... JPS, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx Kartwheel... MS, :l:bp... :l:bp:fp:r:bp... :bp xx :x;

:)fk:fp):bk, MSJC... JPS, :l:bp:fp:r:bp... NJP... Dash, Kiss... Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx Kartwheel... :l:bp:fp xx MS :r:fp xx Leg Grab;
:)fk:fp):bk, MSJC... JPS, :l:bp:fp:r:bp... NJP... Dash, Kiss... Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx :enKartwheel... :l:bp:fp xx MS :r:fp xx :enLeg Grab;
:)fk:fp):bk, MSJC... JPS, :l:bp:fp:r:bp... NJP... Dash, Kiss... Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx Kartwheel... :l:bp:fp xx MS :r:fp xx :x.

WALL:
:)fk:fp):bk, MSJC... JPS, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx Kartwheel... :fp:fp xx Kiss... Dive Kick, :fk:fp:bk xx MS :r:fp xx Leg Grab;
:)fk:fp):bk, MSJC... JPS, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx :enKartwheel... :fp:fp xx Kiss... Dive Kick, :fk:fp:bk xx MS :r:fp xx :enLeg Grab;
:)fk:fp):bk, MSJC... JPS, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx Kartwheel... :fp:fp xx Kiss... Dive Kick, :fk:fp:bk xx MS :r:fp xx :x;

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

:)fk:fp):bk + :r:bp:bp xx MSJC variations:

MIDSCREEN:
:)fk:fp):bk, MSJC... JPS, :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx Kartwheel... MS, :l:bp... :l:bp:fp:r:bp... :bp:fp xx Leg Grab;
:)fk:fp):bk, MSJC... JPS, :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx :enKartwheel... MS, :l:bp... :l:bp:fp:r:bp... :bp:fp xx :enLeg Grab;
:)fk:fp):bk, MSJC... JPS, :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx Kartwheel... MS, :l:bp... :l:bp:fp:r:bp... :bp:fp xx :x;

:)fk:fp):bk, MSJC... JPS, :l:bp:fp:r:bp... NJP... Dash, Kiss... :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx Kartwheel... :l:bp:fp xx MS :r:fp xx Leg Grab;
:)fk:fp):bk, MSJC... JPS, :l:bp:fp:r:bp... NJP... Dash, Kiss... :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx :enKartwheel... :l:bp:fp xx MS :r:fp xx :enLeg Grab;
:)fk:fp):bk, MSJC... JPS, :l:bp:fp:r:bp... NJP... Dash, Kiss... :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx Kartwheel... :l:bp:fp xx MS :r:fp xx :x;

WALL:
:)fk:fp):bk, MSJC... JPS, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx Kartwheel... :fp:fp xx Kiss... :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :fk:fp:bk xx MS :r:fp xx Leg Grab;
:)fk:fp):bk, MSJC... JPS, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx :enKartwheel... :fp:fp xx Kiss... :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :fk:fp:bk xx MS :r:fp xx :enLeg Grab;
:)fk:fp):bk, MSJC... JPS, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx Kartwheel... :fp:fp xx Kiss... :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :fk:fp:bk xx MS :r:fp xx :x;

:)fk:fp):bk, MSJC... JPS, :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx Kartwheel... :fp:fp xx Kiss... :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :fk:fp:bk xx MS :r:fp xx Leg Grab;
:)fk:fp):bk, MSJC... JPS, :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx :enKartwheel... :fp:fp xx Kiss... :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :fk:fp:bk xx MS :r:fp xx :enLeg Grab;
:)fk:fp):bk, MSJC... JPS, :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :bp:fp xx Kartwheel... :fp:fp xx Kiss... :r:bp:bp xx MSJC, Dive Kick, :fk:fp:bk xx MS :r:fp xx :x;

Poto2222

Insane, though those combos are crazy hard, gonna have to grind on that.
Yeah, they are, definitely!
It took me literally two weeks to get all the stuff in this second video recorded, since I'm not able to do it as I record, so I must record it first on that Replay System of the Practice Mode, specially the Double :r:bp:bp xx MSJC ones.

But after all this time, I'm now able to do them more often! I was able to succesfully land the :r:bp:bp xx MSJC on the only two times I tried Online, and I must say: IT WAS BADASS.

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
I just wanted to say thanks Poto2222, all this info and combos will greatlly help my son out, hes 9 years old, but he can throw it down offline with a lot of us...am so proud of him :)

Poto2222

I just wanted to say thanks Poto2222, all this info and combos will greatlly help my son out, hes 9 years old, but he can throw it down offline with a lot of us...am so proud of him :)
Haha, thanks dude! :D
It's a pleasure to help your son out! A 9 year-old boy beasting with Sonya? FREAKING EPIC! :fight:

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
Haha, thanks dude! :D
It's a pleasure to help your son out! A 9 year-old boy beasting with Sonya? FREAKING EPIC! :fight:
haha, i know brother, makes me so damn proud of him :)
i showed him this thread, and he was amazed as to all the stuff you can do with sonya :)

i also play online with him tag, but he cant get used to the small delay we constantly have, so his combo prowess is not as good online :(
but offline? he can be a beast, and i know some might think yeah right, hes your son so yeah youre going to say that.

but nothing could be further from the truth, the kid has the knack for this game, he really does.

thanks again bud ;)