What's new

Guide The Ultimate Sektor Guide

NKZero

Noob
been using your guide, not much of a sektor user but isnt the front missle and back missle specials switched in input?
you are absolutely right. my bad....thanks for pointing it out. anyways hope the guide is helping you :)

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
wow, incredible, simply the best Sektor ultimate guide so far !! Good job, well done, man !! ;)

IMO, Sektor is still underused and has potential to be such a good character in this game. :cool:

IKizzLE

BloodHound
The one that starts from a b2 isn't bad at all. The one that starts from b34 is the hardest combo in the game in my opinion. Go do: b34, tu, b21, b34, extu, b2flame and if you get it more than 6/10 times, your a combo god. Also it's not bad to do in the corner, do it in open space.
Yea, I aint even gonna lie, but that combo is hard as fuck. It's as hard as 12b1, iTU,b21,b34,ExiTU,b2flame.

ryublaze

Noob
B3, 4, TU, B2, 1, B3, 4, EXTU is easier if you hold forward after the first TU. Timing is still tricky but you can probably land it 4 or 5 times in a row once you get it.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
B3, 4, TU, B2, 1, B3, 4, EXTU is easier if you hold forward after the first TU. Timing is still tricky but you can probably land it 4 or 5 times in a row once you get it.
It does for sure, but one thing I've noticed is the timing is so specific that doing it on different monitors in a tournament can be a bad idea.

NKZero

Noob
SwiftTomHanks what B34 combo dyou use considering the difficult one is not worth it in tournament play. Meter-less I do B34-B21-12-teleport uppercut but I do not know a good EX combo with B34 starter so I don't often burn meter. Also did you test the set-up regarding the backwards up missile and F2?

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
SwiftTomHanks what B34 combo dyou use considering the difficult one is not worth it in tournament play. Meter-less I do B34-B21-12-teleport uppercut but I do not know a good EX combo with B34 starter so I don't often burn meter. Also did you test the set-up regarding the backwards up missile and F2?
Mid screen? B34, tu, f44, extu, then end with whats nessesary. B21, flame, b2flame, f4um, um, f44.

What's this about back um from a f2? Back um from a f4 is safe against the whole cast if done from any combo that starts from b34. If you start from 12b1 you have to do jump kicks instead of f44 so they fall slower then end with f4 um. That only applies to some character anyway.

NKZero

Noob
Mid screen? B34, tu, f44, extu, then end with whats nessesary. B21, flame, b2flame, f4um, um, f44.

What's this about back um from a f2? Back um from a f4 is safe against the whole cast if done from any combo that starts from b34. If you start from 12b1 you have to do jump kicks instead of f44 so they fall slower then end with f4 um. That only applies to some character anyway.
oh ok I do that combo as well but it isn't great for damage. anyways i was talking about the thread that i made a couple of days ago in the sektor forums entitled 'pseudo set-up' or something and you responded to it saying you would test it and see if it worked or whatever. so i was wondering if you did?

ryublaze

Noob
Random Sektor Stuff:

Homing Missile Throw Shenanigan:

Some more stuff that I posted before that got lost:

- Got this from IKizzLE. When you're doing U3, 4, Flame Burner in the corner, if they block it then you get decent pushback. If they get hit then the flame also combos with it for I think 14% damage.
- After a D4/F2/B3 on hit, Sektor can dash up and do 1, 3 which will connect on all characters on crouch including low hitbox characters. If you try to do strings like 1, 2 then the 2 will whiff. I usually like to do 1, 3, flame or 1, 3, homing missile. It has the most pushback when you do homing missile so you're out of their D4 range but they can still poke you by dashing forward.
- In the corner if you end with a Homing Missile and your opponent doesn't do a wake-up and stays there blocking, if you go into leg lift and do the low starter, both hits of the low starter will always connect on crouch block even on low hitbox characters. This gives Sektor a safe low starter in the corner. And if you go for the overhead, you can hit confirm it into a combo because the missile will hit them after the U3, 4. None of this stuff will work if your opponent gets up and pokes you though which is the reason why I haven't gotten it to work in a real match yet.

NKZero

Noob
Random Sektor Stuff:

Homing Missile Throw Shenanigan:

Some more stuff that I posted before that got lost:

- Got this from IKizzLE. When you're doing U3, 4, Flame Burner in the corner, if they block it then you get decent pushback. If they get hit then the flame also combos with it for I think 14% damage.
- After a D4/F2/B3 on hit, Sektor can dash up and do 1, 3 which will connect on all characters on crouch including low hitbox characters. If you try to do strings like 1, 2 then the 2 will whiff. I usually like to do 1, 3, flame or 1, 3, homing missile. It has the most pushback when you do homing missile so you're out of their D4 range but they can still poke you by dashing forward.
- In the corner if you end with a Homing Missile and your opponent doesn't do a wake-up and stays there blocking, if you go into leg lift and do the low starter, both hits of the low starter will always connect on crouch block even on low hitbox characters. This gives Sektor a safe low starter in the corner. And if you go for the overhead, you can hit confirm it into a combo because the missile will hit them after the U3, 4. None of this stuff will work if your opponent gets up and pokes you though which is the reason why I haven't gotten it to work in a real match yet.
Is this something you posted earlier but disappeared due to the TYM problems? Or is this new as in today new? I recognise this information a while back.

Leg Lift stance:
1. 34 (LH)-the 34 out of the leg stance shares the same properties as Sektor’s normal B34.
This is not exactly accurate. The 4 of u334 has a different properties than the regular b34. I haven't tested this thoroughly (nor do I have any intention to), but it seems to be the case that any character that you can buffer b34 against so that the 4 connects on block, the 4 of u334 will connect without buffering when Sektor is in closed stance (back towards the screen). In some cases, the 4 of u334 will always connect regardless of stance.

What this means is that the leg lift can be a true, safe mixup after a crossup combo ender (f44, f43, b34) against a large portion of the cast...provided they don't just d1 out of it.

NKZero

Noob
This is not exactly accurate. The 4 of u334 has a different properties than the regular b34. I haven't tested this thoroughly (nor do I have any intention to), but it seems to be the case that any character that you can buffer b34 against so that the 4 connects on block, the 4 of u334 will connect without buffering when Sektor is in closed stance (back towards the screen). In some cases, the 4 of u334 will always connect regardless of stance.

What this means is that the leg lift can be a true, safe mixup after a crossup combo ender (f44, f43, b34) against a large portion of the cast...provided they don't just d1 out of it.
Shhhhh. Lol. Thanks though that is interesting. Like you have no interest in testing it, I have no interest in changing it :).

NKZero

Noob
Updated with a link for my new MU chart under MU discussion and Reaper's toasty boost under New Tech Lab.

Going to make a new and improved thread on Sektor's MU's in full detail.

ryublaze

Noob
Does anyone use the overhead cancelled into ex tele to make it a safe launcher? What about using it after a blocked 1,2 after conditioning them with 1,2,b1? (obviously after a blocked jip where the 1,2 will connect) Just some random stuff, I haven't played Sektor in a while.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Does anyone use the overhead cancelled into ex tele to make it a safe launcher? What about using it after a blocked 1,2 after conditioning them with 1,2,b1? (obviously after a blocked jip where the 1,2 will connect) Just some random stuff, I haven't played Sektor in a while.
Seems like interesting ideas, I'll give them a crack in due time.

Oh and believe it or not, 1,2 infact DOESN'T always connect after a blocked JIP. -_- I get what you're saying tho lol