What's new

The Ultimate KAK thread

RayRokka

Noob
I boycotted MKD so I am behind on what moves and specials are good. I'm only versed in stuff that was in MKDA.

What are the best moves to use for my KAK?

I think my Thor is good, but I'm not sure if I picked the right specials.

So KAK strats start here and lets beat up on the MKONline scrubs!!!

BTW This website rules, the guys that come here are the cream of the MK crop and I respect you all greatly.

I know high level MK is an oxymoron of sorts but at least you guys have a clue and are willing to criticize the game yet love it at the same time.

MKOnline people are like...

"MKA rulz and you suxxorz, you dont knwo what you are talking about and you prolly cant play MK at a high level, MKA is teh best leet fighter everrrrrrr!!!"

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Konqrr and I have been going through and dissecting the KAF, he knows a lot better than I do, but the basic idea is picking the fastest recovery moves for now because the game's overall safeness is terrible. I hate how it seems so often when I'm playing the CPU, since I don't really know the way things hit that well, that I'll doing one of those "single attacks" that don't chain, and they recover before my attack does so I'm trying to pick quick moves for KAFs but still keep them looking good.

Konqrr, is the Tombstone drop still good? I gave that to the Undertaker.

Ray, I didnt play your Thor but i definately got a lot of Skeletor. lol

However you setup your main combo, (punch ~ axe kick ~ axe kick launch) is crazy. Whatever you did was giving you BIG damage! The first two attacks land and it registered a 2hit combo for 17% Then the second kick came in (unblockable still) and did an additional 17% itself (not to mention the following juggle... Thats insane!

The t/s drop isnt as good as it was in mkd because its slower, but you still caught me with it quite a bit. That right into the flip kick & combo was tight.

Your sword was very confusing and hit pretty damn hard. Damn that low spammable juggle lol!!! I think you're definately on the right track.

I dont think you used a teleport tho... There's two that i think are pretty good. One that disappears into water, and the one with the yellow trail are both very fast.

For my KAK, i hide my dial a combos in the first stance behind the same axe kick. So any combos starting in 1 or 3 begin with the same move. My weapon is similar, but i hardly use it. Not sure if thats as effective/confusing as i hope, but it give me the option of mixing up any hi/mid/low combos of my choice.

My tag on ps2 is kuntpao if you'd like to see it :D

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I gave Shredder a breakable but unblockable Katana combo. He's really annoying, so many people drop after the first match with him and I'm not even good. I'll try and get some footage of me vs scrubs with him.

RayRokka

Noob
I gave up on Thor because sword is superior to hammer...there is no reason not to play with the best low launcher in the game. Not to mention sword combos are safer than hammer combos.

I think my special set has changed since I played you last.

I'm playing with: low fireball, torso spin, tombstone drop, and rocket punch.

All of these are very powerful moves and in the flavor of Skeletor as well.

I think tombstone drop is still very good and I don't really use it until I need to. If I can beat someone w/o using it I will, this way if I get into trouble I can use it as a surprise. It forces the issue with turtles.

Torso Spin takes the place of tele flurry...it's mostly as a reliable combo ender that does good damage. When you play online I go for simple and reliable over fancy shit. I'll take a guaranteed 34% over a 50% that may not work due to lag.

Since having tele flurry and torso spin was redundant, I changed back to low fireball. It keep opponents guessing, shoots under other projectiles, hits low, startup anim for low dragon is very fast. I can also buffer into a low fireball after a sweep like in street fighter. It's a low that attacks at range, what else is there to say?

Rocket Punch is good since I can use it as an aggressive counter, I've tried the others, but I wanted something more aggressive. I would have to change my charge attack if I changed my teleport, torso spin is too good in combos.

I'm having problems eating axe kicks and then getting thrown, I'm also having a tough time countering teleporters that go into mix ups or throws, or the low charge attack.

The launcher I use for my combo is "Art of War", it does some sick damage. I do like 34% as my launching combo + 42% in the juggle. I hardly ever get to do it against good players tho. It always gets broken, but the good thing is that it eats breakers. Art of War is also generally safe on block.