What's new

The Ultimate D'Vorah Guide

Actually, found out some information that's making it a lot closer. 21 links into teleport now, which is huge for D'vorah. This is a big deal, and I can see that making her strong enough to really make the difference.
1, 2 widows kiss may also work against bigs. My friend kept getting it against my Kotal

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Despite being meter heavy, IMO Arachnophobia is now one of the best variations in the game. Here’s why:

F13, DB3 amp, 21 BF4 amp

From here you have options, all of them are very good. The amp swarm (BF4) is technically a restand at +4 frames even though you’re 2 baby steps away. You can then go for:

• The full 370 forward throw KB (you immediately have 5 flies at this point) the highest risk but highest reward move. If they tech it, the flies are gone. They can obviously blow you up with a D2, or you whiff the throw if you aren’t quick enough. (TOTAL DAMAGE 670)
  • Back throw is essentially “free” against anyone that knows the D’Vorah MU fairly well because they’re going to be teching forward to prevent that freshly loaded KB (TOTAL DAMAGE 390 and keep all 5 flies to cash out later with DD1 or the KB forward throw)
  • D3 into jail with multiple options, keeping your 5 flies which you can cash out whenever you want for an extra 150 damage (TOTAL DAMAGE 250 + your added options after that)
It seems you HAVE to connect F13 with the widow’s kiss, 12 is inconsistent on the cast to cancel and can be blocked. 21 into swarm amp (BF4) seems to be the safest way to ensure swarm hits while they are in the web because the amp misses where the normal swarm does not off other strings midair. Worst case scenario you could just do swarm without amp, but you might as well cash out more damage with other combos if you’re not building your setup since non-amp only gives you one fly.

Ultimately, it’s a costly variation but the offensive potential is insane. I know some of you will miss the larva and air flies but trust me, this setup is lethal and provides a great mixup after the swarm amp loads up your KB or 1 bar 150 damage from anywhere at any time.

Hope this helps, fellow hive members. If you see any inconsistencies here or have better suggestions to this setup please let me know. I’m definitely not even close to the best D’Vorah here by any means, just something cool I found.

Last edited:

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Despite being meter heavy, IMO Arachnophobia is now one of the best variations in the game. Here’s why:

F13, DB3 amp, 21 BF4 amp

From here you have options, all of them are very good. The amp swarm (BF4) is technically a restand at +4 frames even though you’re 2 baby steps away. You can then go for:

• The full 370 forward throw KB (you immediately have 5 flies at this point) the highest risk but highest reward move. If they tech it, the flies are gone. They can obviously blow you up with a D2, or you whiff the throw if you aren’t quick enough. (TOTAL DAMAGE 670)
  • Back throw is essentially “free” against anyone that knows the D’Vorah MU fairly well because they’re going to be teching forward to prevent that freshly loaded KB (TOTAL DAMAGE 390 and keep all 5 flies to cash out later with DD1 or the KB forward throw)
  • D3 into jail with multiple options, keeping your 5 flies which you can cash out whenever you want for an extra 150 damage (TOTAL DAMAGE 250 + your added options after that)
It seems you HAVE to connect F13 with the widow’s kiss, 12 is inconsistent on the cast to cancel and can be blocked. 21 into swarm amp (BF4) seems to be the safest way to ensure swarm hits while they are in the web because the amp misses where the normal swarm does not off other strings midair. Worst case scenario you could just do swarm without amp, but you might as well cash out more damage with other combos if you’re not building your setup since non-amp only gives you one fly.

Ultimately, it’s a costly variation but the offensive potential is insane. I know some of you will miss the larva and air flies but trust me, this setup is lethal and provides a great mixup after the swarm amp loads up your KB or 1 bar 150 damage from anywhere at any time.

Hope this helps, fellow hive members. If you see any inconsistencies here or have better suggestions to this setup please let me know. I’m definitely not even close to the best D’Vorah here by means, just something cool I found.
I think it should be noted that this is a totally viable combo ender now. I think it'd mostly be good if you already have a bug on someone though.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
My bad, you can also do F13 into DB1 amp (close) to the 21 swarm amp as well. Easier to drop than the other one with widow kiss amp though.

Edit: It’s 100% undroppable but it looks like the main risk with widow kiss amp (instead of DB1) is allowing more time for them to build the meter or breakaway when you go into 21 as they’re web-spun.

Last edited:

Second Saint

My bad, you can also do F13 into DB1 amp (close) to the 21 swarm amp as well. Easier to drop than the other one with widow kiss amp though.
You've got to dash cancel the 21. It's been the bnb for people who were sticking with Buzzed for awhile now as it gave you much better hit advantage midscreen.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I welcome any and all band wagoners. Just because I couldn't drop her when she was bad doesn't mean you shouldn't pick her up when she's good.
It’s ironic too because I kept coming back to her before the patch to mess around here and there with the Buzzed variation. I figured she would be better after the patch but after I picked up Arachnophobia I can’t put it down now. Lol

Second Saint

It’s ironic too because I kept coming back to her before the patch to mess around here and there with the Buzzed variation. I figured she would be better after the patch but after I picked up Arachnophobia I can’t put it down now. Lol
Leaving out the improvements to her base kit, I'd say buzzed is actually worse off because the b34 buff messed up her corner game something fierce. Constant sideswitches that force you to back dash cancel b34 to make it not side switch, but if you do that they can jump out. By being able to cancel on b34 on whiff now, some setups that involved b3~db4 and were 100% safe and lead to good pressure can be entirely ruined by delay wakeup. She's probably better as a whole, but the things that interested me and kept me playing that variation are...kinda gone.

I had intricate orbiting bug setups to make b34 stupid plus on block and looped back into more setups on hit, and now I don't have that. Months of work down the drain, and I don't even think it was intentional.

Queen Sindel

Divine Enlightenment
I haven’t had this much fun playing this game since it first came out lol. She is a blast to play, especially now. I hate to be that bandwagon player but I can’t help it, she’s way too good now.

You said that. Expressed same feeling i have about Dvorah and MK11. Best brutalities, best fatalities, so much gameplay fun!

Queen Sindel

Divine Enlightenment

F13, DB3 amp, 21 BF4 amp
As a casual player, I may not understand here somth, but is this bnb would be better:

F13, DB3 amp, F22, DF2 ?

same damage, but saves meter.

Also, any advice for corner combo Arachnophobia variation?

Rey

Reycier
Optimal dmg is:
F13, DB3 amp, DB1, jip1, dash, F13, BF4

As a casual player, I may not understand here somth, but is this bnb would be better:

F13, DB3 amp, F22, DF2 ?

same damage, but saves meter.

Also, any advice for corner combo Arachnophobia variation?
With the arach variation it's better to end your combos with bf4 instead of df2 because you set up the fireflies for the throw krushing blow.
And of course a +4 restand