What's new

Guide The Ultimate Bane Guide

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
Delaying the MB doesn't change the advantage any. Its more advantage the further out the opponent is. If you delay it at point blank, its still -8.
If you let it rock from maximum distance, its +13
I did it from point blank and still couldn't punish it even though my d1 was in range. If I input the MB right away I was able to punish it just fine.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I did it from point blank and still couldn't punish it even though my d1 was in range. If I input the MB right away I was able to punish it just fine.
Your d.1 is a 6 frame I trust? If so, I could imagine that the exception might be there for non-reversal moves but as far as reversal moves are concerned it doesn't seem to matter to them.

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
Your d.1 is a 6 frame I trust? If so, I could imagine that the exception might be there for non-reversal moves but as far as reversal moves are concerned it doesn't seem to matter to them.
Yeah, I was testing with Wonder Woman.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Also no one mentioned the Mb b.3. I assumed it was coming in a later section.
Well lvl 3 says fuck your armor, plus if I can dash under and punish then why would I waste a bar? I agree that if the character can't dash then MB is the way to go.

Also can't the dropkick be parried?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yeah, I was testing with Wonder Woman.
I usually test with stuff like Lex and DS moves which are 6 and 7 frames a piece.
I do know if you hit it further out you get more advantage though.

At its max distance from full-drop it gives you +13 at minimum, but I clocked it to be about +16

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Well lvl 3 says fuck your armor, plus if I can dash under and punish then why would I waste a bar? I agree that if the character can't dash then MB is the way to go.

Also can't the dropkick be parried?
Point being no one mentioned the weaknesses of Bane as a whole so I assumed we would be saving it until then.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
"One important detail to note is that anytime Bane enters an animation (such as a Clash, Stage Transition, or Super) he will only keep his Venom buff until the end of the animation, at which point he will be put into Level 1 cooldown, regardless of what level he was previously using (thanks to @@Doombawkz for that info!)."

This is only true if he goes into the animation in debuff, if he goes into an animation with venom, he will be in the level of debuff that corresponds the the venom level he was in.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
"One important detail to note is that anytime Bane enters an animation (such as a Clash, Stage Transition, or Super) he will only keep his Venom buff until the end of the animation, at which point he will be put into Level 1 cooldown, regardless of what level he was previously using (thanks to @@Doombawkz for that info!)."

This is only true if he goes into the animation in debuff, if he goes into an animation with venom, he will be in the level of debuff that corresponds the the venom level he was in.
Already stated it, it just hasn't been changed yet

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I think MB VU is only safe if you delay the MB. That's probably worth noting.
That move is not safe at all. The majority of the characters can forward dash clean out after the initial uppercut is blocked and on top of that, can punish accordingly. Sinestro and Martian can backdash and still punish.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
That move is not safe at all. The majority of the characters can forward dash clean out after the initial uppercut is blocked and on top of that, can punish accordingly. Sinestro and Martian can backdash and still punish.
Yeah thats well known. Chongo beat you to it, as did qwark.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Glad you read the entire thread :)

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Made quite a few updates and corrections to the original posts. I'm still tweaking some things and will start working on the Combos section next. If anyone wants to post his optimum midscreen, corner, b3/f3, and interactable combos, I'll be sure to give you credit in the post.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
b23 123 ender of choice

Ring toss for maximum meterless damage
MB VU for maximum damage with meter

@Doombawkz knows the benefit of the other two enders

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
This thread should prove useful towards the world's production of salt. Good job.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
b23 123 ender of choice

Ring toss for maximum meterless damage
MB VU for maximum damage with meter

@Doombawkz knows the benefit of the other two enders
Actually BP does the most meterless damage with any form of advantage.
Ring toss only does more when you're doing b.23 b.23 123xxRT.
MB BP also does the most with meter, but MB VU does the most in the shortest amount of time making it the optimal ender for going on cooldown as you can usually squeeze the full amount before debuff begins.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Always end with VU so you don't spend venom time for an extra 2%
Not always the best call, sometimes you want that HKD since VU can be tech rolled. Likewise sometimes damage is preferred over time, so also not always the best call.
VU does have its benefits, however its not the end-all best ender.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Made quite a few updates and corrections to the original posts. I'm still tweaking some things and will start working on the Combos section next. If anyone wants to post his optimum midscreen, corner, b3/f3, and interactable combos, I'll be sure to give you credit in the post.
To say, his b.3 and f.3 are actually really good. They are low immune, and his b.3 has the best reach of any b.3 in the game (covering most backdashes).

Now then, optimal combos are an odd hat. On one hand, theres optimized for damage while not optimizing for venom time, and then theres the consideration of efficiency vs advantage.
All that said, most of his combos are the same as always so you can usually check the combo thread for sample combos.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm going to include some combo theory in the Combos section to cover his enders and when to use them, but I figured I could post a few bnb's to get new players started.

I'll add some additional info to his b3/d3 discussion as well to allow readers to draw their own conclusions.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
A few new player BnBs would be something like

b.23 123xxender as chongo said
b.23 113xxender
b.23 d.2 j.2 12xxender
113xxb.b.MB j.2 12xxender
b.23xxb.b.MB j.2 12xxender
f.2.dxxb.b.MB j.2 12xxender

His combos don't really have much diversity at the lower levels. These combos are the same everywhere too. Its all about what ender you us and the follow-up.
At the later levels you have stuff like

b.23 b.23 12xxender/123xxRT (midscreen)
f.2.d d.1xxDP
b.23 b.1 b.1 b.1 223xxender (corner)
b.23 b.1 d.2 d.3 (corner)

They all set-up for different things.