What's new

Guide The Ultimate Bane Guide

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
As is the case with most characters, the frame data for Bane's jumping normals is all jacked up. His j1 is absolutely not +20-something on block, but his j3 is somewhere around +8, considering I can barely get off a d2 before Lex's Corp Charge connects.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Wow, watching footage of @Grr 's Bane from a month ago. Not to take anything away from Grr's skill, but I'm surprised to see him win a lot of these matches. He just does a lot of stuff that I thought was pretty common knowledge among Bane players not to do, such as juicing up past Level 1 immediately for no good reason.

Error

DF2+R2
Its not as bad on block/whiff as Catwomans, and yeah I'd say it being low immune on top of its reach would make it better than both.
Sorry, meant to quote the part about range, Catwoman's B3 seems to have way more range than Bane's.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Sorry, meant to quote the part about range, Catwoman's B3 seems to have way more range than Bane's.
It has a lot of range, but more than Banes is... I'm actually not entirely sure. Namely because it doesn't stay active for its entire leap, so while it may cover more ground I don't know if its all a persistent hitbox. It might. If so, Banes is only one of the longest but its still in the top 3.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Wow, watching footage of @Grr 's Bane from a month ago. Not to take anything away from Grr's skill, but I'm surprised to see him win a lot of these matches. He just does a lot of stuff that I thought was pretty common knowledge among Bane players not to do, such as juicing up past Level 1 immediately for no good reason.
The thing is, your Bane isn't as important as your opponents being ready to fight it.
You can cheese people out if they sleep on your style. You could be the worst Bane just about, and still score a set on someone trying to fight Bane as though he was anyone else.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
How about BCB combos? I know @GGA Max is a big fan, but I can't find notations. I'm about to just go watch his fights again to see what he does, but in the meantime if anyone wants to post that info, it would be a big help.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Background bounce?
b.23 12xxBGB j.2 123RT/12BP
b.23 12xxBGB b.3 j.2 12BP/12VU
b.23 12xxBGB b.3 j.3xxhanging interactable

Depending on the stage, it'll end up being one of these three.

Error

DF2+R2
How about BCB combos? I know @GGA Max is a big fan, but I can't find notations. I'm about to just go watch his fights again to see what he does, but in the meantime if anyone wants to post that info, it would be a big help.
Usually a hitconfirm like
11/b11/F2Dxx BGB B3 J2 12/j3 interactable ender
b23/d2 12xxBGB B3 J2 12/J3 interactable ender

11BGB is great for meterless punishes

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Pretty much its divided up between those set. You can replace b.23 12xxBGB with almost any of Error's starters and it'll work (though some characters may have different starters depending on size. 123xxBGB works on large, not small for example.)

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Gotcha, thanks for the quick responses! I think I'm basically done with the combos section, since most of what Bane does will be covered in the Rushdown Strategies and Corner Game section of the guide. Please let me know if you think of anything you feel should be added.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Might as well include some characters can dash under the Mb portion of the VU on block and get a full punish so they'll shutte about it lol

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Sorry for the delay in finishing the guide; been experimenting with a few characters and working some things out with Bane. I've got a write-up on his rushdown section and will hopefully get it posted tomorrow.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I need some info on #4 of this. What do guys think Bane's best stages are? Is it dependent on the stage?

I picked him up about 2 months ago to add next to Raven. I know with her exactly what stages I go for but am having a hard time figuring it out with Bane.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Not Arkham or Ferris.
On any asylum stage, Bane is too fat to avoid the freeze pipe in the corner, and he gets shut down more easily by the pigs.
Farris has some stuff, but same problem where Bane's fat stops him.

IMO his two best are Strykers and Wayne Manor.
Strykers has everything throwable, but it all only fully benefits grounded power characters. The items go fast, you can combo into most all of them, and they all do decent damage.
On part 2 of it, you have a background bounce but all in all the intractable is still in your favor. The weight is a godsend, and you can remove the corner escapes on both sides.

Wayne Manor has everything you could want. Outside you have a background bounce, several large hitbox interacts, and pretty much its solid ground to work with.
On the inside, you get 100% combo potential. The table bounces high and lets you get something good on so many characters, the items barring chair are huge and throwable, the corner escapes are removable... Pretty much it has everything Bane can want in a stage.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Not Arkham or Ferris.
On any asylum stage, Bane is too fat to avoid the freeze pipe in the corner, and he gets shut down more easily by the pigs.
Farris has some stuff, but same problem where Bane's fat stops him.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Thanks for the input guys. I honestly despise Ferris due to Raven being my main so I'll never pick it out of principle. I've actually been picking the BatCave but it hasn't felt "right".

I'm going to be grinding tonight so I'll try out Strikers, Manor, and Arkham. Thanks and hopefully I roll with one of these.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
love the guide so far... but i NEED part 3!!!! lol
Sorry, my xbox died so I never got a chance to test my write-up in-depth. I didn't want to post untested info that I would have to constantly fix and update, especially since I can't even play the game anymore. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up an Xbox One in the next few months.