What's new

Discussion The Top 5/Bottom 5 Variations are...

Tweedy

Noob
What is the hidden gem of CSZ? He does nothing but mobility. The other robots are good. Smoke is suuper good, Sektor is pretty dope, Cyrax is ok, but the hot fix took everything CSZ was good at and took it away.
I agree he's not very good, I just don't understand how he's C or D tier. He still has 50/50s, a 7 frame poke, mobility. Sure he might be the worst, but he's not like, a tier under every other character in the game. At least imo.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I agree he's not very good, I just don't understand how he's C or D tier. He still has 50/50s, a 7 frame poke, mobility. Sure he might be the worst, but he's not like, a tier under every other character in the game. At least imo.
I don't think he is the worst variation, but there is no character that doesn't have a variation that is better than him. You're always talking about risk/reward on 50/50s. His takes a bar, is unsafe, and the bar damage is less than most character's meterless damage.

Tweedy

Noob
I don't think he is the worst variation, but there is no character that doesn't have a variation that is better than him. You're always talking about risk/reward on 50/50s. His takes a bar, is unsafe, and the bar damage is less than most character's meterless damage.
Yeah but he could have no 50/50s. A trait of a true C/D tier character.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yeah but he could have no 50/50s. A trait of a true C/D tier character.
Tiers are based on matchups, not tools, no? D tier is too harsh, but I don't see why C tier is a stretch. I admit to going a TINY bit overboard about how bad he is, but he pretty garbo.

Tweedy

Noob
Tiers are based on matchups, not tools, no? D tier is too harsh, but I don't see why C tier is a stretch. I admit to going a TINY bit overboard about how bad he is, but he pretty garbo.
If Alien is top 1, then tiers are based on tools, not match up charts. It basically depends on whatever TYM's most hated character is favored in.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
If Alien is top 1, then tiers are based on tools, not match up charts. It basically depends on whatever TYM's most hated character is favored in.
Iv said before that I don't think Alien is the best. The Cyber Sub community is just bummed because the balance decisions were so sloppy(especially the iceball nerf) and poorly thought out, and they gave no explanation of the changes and what the fuck they were smoking.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
What kind of damage is he hitting you with? Basically we think he is bad because he has no pressure, shit knockdowns and setups, no zoning, no armor launcher, bad damage, and his only pro is great mobility. It's even more frustrating because of the high execution barrier. If a character is this bad he should at least have the courtesy to be a potato lol.
I believe i see mid 30s most of the time. I think ice ball is an awesome anti zoning tool. Wouldnt know much about pressure though

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Top 5:

Tempest Kun Pao
Bone Shaper Shincock
Rich Homie Summoner Quan
Kobu Jutsu Tanya
HQT PEWPEWdator

Bottom 5:

GORO
GORO
MOAR GORO
JASON
POOR KENSHI
honorable mention: GrandMaster Sub Zero

I play on PC :DOGE

Tweedy

Noob
I think full auto beats acidic 6-4.
Yeah, there are a few more debatables, like that and Flamefist.

Alien actually has a weird hitbox that has issues with jumping out of some of flamefist's stuff, like other characters can.

But I feel like all variations of Jax(even pumped up) and Cutthroat are definitely 4-6s.