What's new

The Top 10 Fan Requested Characters for Kombat Pack 2

Do you agree with this top 10?

• Yes! These are some excellent choices and I can't wait to see what NRS does with them.

Votes: 67 57.3%
  • No! These characters are poor decisions by the community, they could've been better.

Votes: 50 42.7%

• Total voters

virtiqaL

Noob
Honestly not too concerned with which chars make it in, but preferably would like it to be all old/new MK based characters rather than guests, which won't happen, but eh.

-CM-

Noob
I know we won't see Shang tsung. He's too important a character to just add via DLC. We'll see him in MKXI

Spunio

Worst Reptile in Spring Hill
Like I've said in a previous thread on this topic, I just want Kabal in the game.

However, I don't understand this gratuitous following for Bo Rai Cho. He was such a ludicrous character to be added, he literally farts and burps to kill fighters. And the whole "He can be a serious character," so can Ronald McDonald, but at the end of the day he originated from selling burgers to kids.

If anyone can provide a clear and actually legitimate argument as to why he should be added, I'm all ears, but this whole "We NEED Bo Rai Cho" crap doesn't really cut it.

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
It would be cool to see but in all honesty by doing that you are taking away from the characters. This is a new time line you know? Let them evolve before throwing them back together as one.
I had to say that atleast 3 times. People really love noob smoke...

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
So many people want Noob cause he's a spam character, and half the MK Community needs to gitgud and realize that Riptor from fucking KI would be a better choice than that Clone-Spamming Dick.
Aaaaaaand you lost all credibility. Noob was exclusively a keep away character and one that really isn't very good, he had massive flaws in his gameplan, how many moons did you see win tournaments? this just shows instead of finding a way around it you bitch about it like 99% of the online community, good job. And no I don't play noob obviously, but he was easy as fuck to get around once you learned how.

MrProfDrPepper

Not too sure about the order, but then again I'm not that active on Twitter, don't pay much attenton to YT comments and don't even use/visit Reddit. From the MK fan sites posts, I'm under the impression the most demanded are Fujin and Rain.

My wishlist:

01) Fujin
02) Reiko
03) Havik
04) Sareena

Just no more guest characters please...
No, I need my spawn damn it. But having havik, stryker, shang tsung, and movado would be nice

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
Like I've said in a previous thread on this topic, I just want Kabal in the game.

However, I don't understand this gratuitous following for Bo Rai Cho. He was such a ludicrous character to be added, he literally farts and burps to kill fighters. And the whole "He can be a serious character," so can Ronald McDonald, but at the end of the day he originated from selling burgers to kids.

If anyone can provide a clear and actually legitimate argument as to why he should be added, I'm all ears, but this whole "We NEED Bo Rai Cho" crap doesn't really cut it.
Well, I could say the same thing about Kabal man. What's so cool about him? (I'm just playing Devil's advocate.) In the end it's someone's opinion.
For me, yes, he's a sloven drunkkard that uses his excretions to kill people. The point of him is to fill in the drunken kung fu master slot. He's deceptive in his fightstyle and it's hard to see what he'll do next.
The coolest, for me, is a guy who despite being drunk, or feigning drunkeness, can pull of some rad moves in the process

Noob
Well, I could say the same thing about Kabal man. What's so cool about him? (I'm just playing Devil's advocate.) In the end it's someone's opinion.
For me, yes, he's a sloven drunkkard that uses his excretions to kill people. The point of him is to fill in the drunken kung fu master slot. He's deceptive in his fightstyle and it's hard to see what he'll do next.
The coolest, for me, is a guy who despite being drunk, or feigning drunkeness, can pull of some rad moves in the process
What makes a character cool is your own opinion and personal taste, so anyone could stay here for an eternity arguing if a character is cool or not which to no conclusion we will ever arrive at LOL... But what makes a character deserving of any slot on anything, is how memorable he is/was, so from there you guys can argue if the character you want to be in is deserving of said slot.. Now im only providing guidelines for the argument here plz do not take this as me taking sides for anything ;)

SLH7671

When in doubt, armor out.
Aaaaaaand you lost all credibility. Noob was exclusively a keep away character and one that really isn't very good, he had massive flaws in his gameplan, how many moons did you see win tournaments? this just shows instead of finding a way around it you bitch about it like 99% of the online community, good job. And no I don't play noob obviously, but he was easy as fuck to get around once you learned how.
Since we want to play internet hardass. Fuck off with that credibility shit, honey.I couldnt give two shits less as to how much you question my credibility. And I'm obviously bitchin of course, it's a post not a dick, don't take it so hard. If you would bother to read other things I posted here besides that first one, you'd understand, but when you seen that comment you got an immediate hard on and decided to write this up. I knew how to get around Noob, it mainly aggravates me when people will resort to his "keep away" only to try to get easy wins and neglect themselves of learning the game beyond that point. I like to see players evolve.

MrProfDrPepper

Since we want to play internet hardass. Fuck off with that credibility shit, honey.I couldnt give two shits less as to how much you question my credibility. And I'm obviously bitchin of course, it's a post not a dick, don't take it so hard. If you would bother to read other things I posted here besides that first one, you'd understand, but when you seen that comment you got an immediate hard on and decided to write this up. I knew how to get around Noob, it mainly aggravates me when people will resort to his "keep away" only to try to get easy wins and neglect themselves of learning the game beyond that point. I like to see players evolve.
Problem, keep away is a valid option. Using everything you can to your advantage in the game and playing the character how they were designed is skillful, if you use a character that is designed to keep people away since it is your playstyle, then go for it. Rush down is nice and all but keep away has its struggles as well, such as keeping people out, it takes more skill than you may think, evolving your keepaway takes skill, hell using anything to your advantage takes skill, there are more ways to play other than the ways you approve of. And throwing insults at me wildly calling me an internet hardass won't do anyone anything, fair enough I did throw a couple insults I think, maybe I don't remember which eh was uncalled for but still point stands that it is clear you don't know what you are talking about, to evolve to become a better player, you must embrace all playstyles, accept all the playstyles strengths and weaknesses.

SLH7671

Problem, keep away is a valid option. Using everything you can to your advantage in the game and playing the character how they were designed is skillful, if you use a character that is designed to keep people away since it is your playstyle, then go for it. Rush down is nice and all but keep away has its struggles as well, such as keeping people out, it takes more skill than you may think, evolving your keepaway takes skill, hell using anything to your advantage takes skill, there are more ways to play other than the ways you approve of. And throwing insults at me wildly calling me an internet hardass won't do anyone anything, fair enough I did throw a couple insults I think, maybe I don't remember which eh was uncalled for but still point stands that it is clear you don't know what you are talking about, to evolve to become a better player, you must embrace all playstyles, accept all the playstyles strengths and weaknesses.
I think things are a little confused here. I look at players with good keep away as skillful, I'm impressed when there's a good zoner and he actually knows how to react when zoning attempts don't go as planned and the opponent gets in. I get pissed when people jump back and mindlessly throw projectiles at me, then when I get in, they don't know how to react and such. I'm not going to go in depth but I'm not in persecution against zoners. I appreciate seeing people play Kenshi, not too often you see a good zoner in MKX because in my opinion a lot of this game is rushdown.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Why is everyone assuming Sareena? Couldn't that stripe just as easily refer to Sindel's?
indeed .... could easily refer to Sindel as well ... so, it's a tip that applies for both either, hehe ... Sareena or Sindel gonna make part of MKX, in a near future. :rolleyes:

MrProfDrPepper

I think things are a little confused here. I look at players with good keep away as skillful, I'm impressed when there's a good zoner and he actually knows how to react when zoning attempts don't go as planned and the opponent gets in. I get pissed when people jump back and mindlessly throw projectiles at me, then when I get in, they don't know how to react and such. I'm not going to go in depth but I'm not in persecution against zoners. I appreciate seeing people play Kenshi, not too often you see a good zoner in MKX because in my opinion a lot of this game is rushdown.
Oooohhhh I see what you are saying now, you hate it when people refuse to improve and stay with just mindlessly throw out moves since it is an easy way to get wins against people who don't know how to get around it. Alright my bad, I completely misunderstood you.

SLH7671

Oooohhhh I see what you are saying now, you hate it when people refuse to improve and stay with just mindlessly throw out moves since it is an easy way to get wins against people who don't know how to get around it. Alright my bad, I completely misunderstood you.
See, we're on common ground now. It's people who prey on beginners with that bullshit is what makes me mad. They don't see the long term effect of their actions either. Some people get frustrated enough in the adolescence of their MK experience that when it happens, they don't really sit and think about how to adapt cause they haven't had the prior experience and it can ultimately lead to them dropping the game completely and giving the game a bad wrap. I don't like that, I played MK since I was in diapers on the SNES and for some reason they always appealed to me. Looking back on the days I had with the earlier games, it ultimately lead to me buying MK9. I completely sucked cause I fell out from fighting games completely, I was an FPS Fagboy. I encountered these situations plenty of times over the course of MK9's lifespan and at times I contemplated sitting the game on my shelf, but I was a diehard MK fan since as long as I could remember. I didn't let this stop me from learning to overcome. Some people haven't grown up with the relationship MK and I shared, so they appreciate the history less and are more apt to put the game down.